Summer transfers rumours, speculation, news | Page 88 | Vital Football

Summer transfers rumours, speculation, news

Equally it could also be that coming back to where he started is a good thing. I've seen a few quotes saying Derby were furious about something but I've yet to see anything that explains exactly what they were furious about. As far as I can read in to it they're either furious that he wants first team minutes or that he turned down Velje.

They are 'furious' because they need to offload players but he rejected a move to a Danish team at the last minute.

Wigan Athletic are very close to signing former Ipswich Town midfielder Tristan Nydam on a three year deal #itfc #wafc https://t.co/24f27mjHAB

Apparently been released by Cooky a left back or midfielder

I don't think that source is credible at all.

But judging by the article Swindon posted he might not be a bad shout.

In other rumours apparently Sheff U showing interest in McGrath and Sheff Wed in talks with Josh Sims.

Looks like we're struggling to bring in players now big time. Might have to accept we will get the last of the litter or experimental loans near the end of the window from here on out

Bailey will be the last piece of the jigsaw for a good starting 11 mind you but I can't see that happening before Sunderland anyway. Very light at the back

Looks like we're struggling to bring in players now big time. Might have to accept we will get the last of the litter or experimental loans near the end of the window from here on out

Bailey will be the last piece of the jigsaw for a good starting 11 mind you but I can't see that happening before Sunderland anyway. Very light at the back
I see it more of waiting to get the right players for the right price, if a fee is involved. The way Liam has spoken, it seems like a two staged signing strategy, bed the first lot in then then move on to the second phase. Although admittedly we are leaving it a bit late.

A decent round up of players available on frees. Who would you like to see for Latics?

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/...united-and-wigan-athletic-this-summer-3330790

There's some very decent free's still available, a lot of them on that list.

A couple it missed would be Jordan Ibe and Josh Sims. Ibe looked a real top prospect not so long ago so if you could get him and get him back to his best you'd have a real player. While Sims will probably end up at Sheff Wed to link up with Darren Moore again, but I think he looks the part.

You could also add Billy McKay, Moses Odebajo, Tom Carroll, Marley Watkins Conor McGloughlin and a few others.

I think at this point if we were interested in any of the freebies we'd probably have already moved for them, so i'm expecting the rest of our business to be signing players either on loans or who are allowed to leave their existing clubs.

Just seen James McCarthy is a free agent and looking for a club still only 30

I think he's probably been on huge money for so long he probably would find it very hard to drop into L1 on a fraction of his old wage. If he had just left a Championship club then i think you have an outside chance as it's only moving down one level, but dropping from the Prem to L1 is probably too much much of a drop in one go.

Talal has just posted

“Believe and act as if it were impossible to fail.” – Charles Kettering

He added his little pen emoji. So basically a signing is incoming.

So far this summer there has been a rumour for every player we signed before it happened, so unless we've managed to completely keep this one secret I suspect it could most likely be someone lower profile like Blakett-Taylor or maybe that Bobby Duncan if that gossip was true.

If it was going to be one of the bigger names like Wright or McGrath i think that we might have got a bit of chatter about that before now.

I personally would quite like it to be Jordan Jones.

Talal has just posted

“Believe and act as if it were impossible to fail.” – Charles Kettering

He added his little pen emoji. So basically a signing is incoming.

So far this summer there has been a rumour for every player we signed before it happened, so unless we've managed to completely keep this one secret I suspect it could most likely be someone lower profile like Blakett-Taylor or maybe that Bobby Duncan if that gossip was true.

If it was going to be one of the bigger names like Wright or McGrath i think that we might have got a bit of chatter about that before now.

I personally would quite like it to be Jordan Jones.

It's Harry bloody Kane, who d'ave thowt, Harry Kane's a Wiganer!!!!!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58053653

There's some very decent free's still available, a lot of them on that list.

A couple it missed would be Jordan Ibe and Josh Sims. Ibe looked a real top prospect not so long ago so if you could get him and get him back to his best you'd have a real player. While Sims will probably end up at Sheff Wed to link up with Darren Moore again, but I think he looks the part.

You could also add Billy McKay, Moses Odebajo, Tom Carroll, Marley Watkins Conor McGloughlin and a few others.

I think at this point if we were interested in any of the freebies we'd probably have already moved for them, so i'm expecting the rest of our business to be signing players either on loans or who are allowed to leave their existing clubs.

Or Tristan Nydam