The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 223 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need a centre back who is good enough to compete with Mings and Konsa for game time. Hause is ok but he’s clearly in the category of back up only used if others are unavailable. I don’t see Tuanzebe competing with Mings or Konsa either, he simply hasn’t played enough since we were in the championship

We need a centre back who is good enough to compete with Mings and Konsa for game time. Hause is ok but he’s clearly in the category of back up only used if others are unavailable. I don’t see Tuanzebe competing with Mings or Konsa either, he simply hasn’t played enough since we were in the championship
TBH even his time with us in our championship push he was just about adequate ( he did the job ) , and like you said he hasn't had much game time since returning to his home club .
I think Smith would rather give one of youngsters a chance as we have seen in our friendlys .

Has he even played a season in the Premier League bar the odd game here and there? I'd like to see him go somewhere like Newcastle to see if he's actually up to this level.

Never fully understood the clamor for Axel. Konsa is twice the player and his resume was always head and shoulders above him. Axel 23, 50 odd games played, Konsa 23 150+ games played including 2 EPL seasons. In fact, he has more EPL games than Axel has senior games.

I will say we bought Targett in a similar position. Unwanted in the first team, less than 60 senior games at 23 years old, and not proven in the EPL. If all the terms favour us I'd absolutely take him, I don't think Hause has much left in the tank in terms of improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.