The Cricket Thread | Page 140 | Vital Football

The Cricket Thread

All the England test squad players have now left the competition so will be interesting to see if its as good without them. Bairstow has probably been the stand out player so think he will be missed.
And a disappointing crowd at last nights game.

Jury still out on The Hundred for me.

I like the franchise idea and of course anything which engages the kids and others new to the game.

Bit it just feels a bit T20 'Lite' and the on-screen graphics are just fucking awful. But I will continue to watch as I love watching cricket.

I think it seems to be encouraging pretty sloppy cricket at times, and find the whole thing a tacky tournament, the names, the shirts, the sponsorship, the names for a second time (!) because some are ridiculous and the on screen graphics.

I think it seems to be encouraging pretty sloppy cricket at times, and find the whole thing a tacky tournament, the names, the shirts, the sponsorship, the names for a second time (!) because some are ridiculous and the on screen graphics.
Very Americanised or trying to be, not sure that appeals to many brits.
I agree the names are pathetic, we moan about sponsors being gambling,now we have KP foods, and their brand names like Butterkist and Skips and I noticed the kids shirt don't have Butterkist on them as I'm guessing they don't want to encourage kids to eat the stuff.