season ticket question | Page 3 | Vital Football

season ticket question

I'm wondering if Plymouth have the facility to read Gills virtual tickets or whether good old fashioned paper tickets will be issued.

I'm wondering if Plymouth have the facility to read Gills virtual tickets or whether good old fashioned paper tickets will be issued.
Own question answered by calling the club (picked up in two rings)
Away tickets will be paper tickets as previously.
Easy peasy.

Clearly they do, hence why they sold the seat.

Wasn't there a cut-off date for STH's to claim their seat?

The club have posted on Facebook this morning that STHs have until 5pm Friday to reserve their existing seats, after that they go on general sale.

Which makes it rather strange if WX's mate's seat has already been sold to someone else.

I'm interested to know how the new e-tickets will be read. Have the turnstiles been updated to read them and let people through or is it just a case that the turnstile operators will scan them and let people through? If the latter, I wonder what the cost-saving is?

The club have posted on Facebook this morning that STHs have until 5pm Friday to reserve their existing seats, after that they go on general sale.

Which makes it rather strange if WX's mate's seat has already been sold to someone else.

To add to that:
I logged into the system and it says my seat is still reserved for me for 9 days 7th aug.

The club have now sold his ST to somebody else. Even though they have his customer reference number they have asked to to send a copy of his old ST to confirm he was is a ST holder..
Last night I renewed my ST - same seat as before.

Initially my seat was greyed out on the plan - so (after reading your post) I thought that seat had been sold.
But I re-tried the "Renewal" link (or maybe it said "Reserved").

Proceeding with that worked fine - and the end result was the same seat as before.
So I think that the Club extended the "reserved" period.

Madrid & Jerry seem to think so too....
Why not log on and see if that "Reserved" link is visible somewhere?

Last night I renewed my ST - same seat as before.

Initially my seat was greyed out on the plan - so (after reading your post) I thought that seat had been sold.
But I re-tried the "Renewal" link (or maybe it said "Reserved").

Proceeding with that worked fine - and the end result was the same seat as before.
So I think that the Club extended the "reserved" period.

Madrid & Jerry seem to think so too....
Why not log on and see if that "Reserved" link is visible somewhere?
So wx's mate can't buy his seat because it's reserved for wx's mate?

Well just went on ticket site again and it still says
Your seat(s) are reserved, select below (1)
Order
Reservation expiry date
Actions
Expires in 9 days
Open reservation details

Yes, the 23rd July.

View attachment 50692

^ from page two of
https://www.gillinghamfootballclub....2/ticketing/season-tickets-2021---final-1.pdf

I'm sure the Facebook post is a coincidence that it coincided with WX complaining on here.
This was extended by a week to the 30th July 5pm due to the problems with the system.

As yet I don’t have an online account to buy tickets, as despite following their instructions to the letter I never received a password reset email link.

Could not purchase tickets for the Millwall game, I knew someone going and he kindly went into the ticket office which was half-open prior to the match kicking off, gave them my customer number and name, explained the issue and I was told to expect a call from the club on Wednesday. Have not had a call yet, so I will have to phone in myself I expect and join the virtual queue.

Since Wednesday i have been promised 3 times by the ticketing people they will call me back to confirm they have put the situation right for my mate.

So far they have failed to rectify the situation. I had to send a copy of his ST to prove he had the seat previously as "they couldn't find it." They have now confirmed a mistake was made but cannot explain why his ST seat was sold to somebody else.

They also told me the new ST's will be posted out "early next week".

Last minute or what?