What are you cooking during lockdown? | Page 247 | Vital Football

What are you cooking during lockdown?

A greek-style thing tonight - marinaded sliced chicken breast (honey, lemon, fresh oregano) served on a sort-of orzo risotto that contained fried onions, mixed peppers, garlic, lemon zest and more oregano. Garnished with a healthy dollop of tzatziki.
I like the sound of that!

A greek-style thing tonight - marinaded sliced chicken breast (honey, lemon, fresh oregano) served on a sort-of orzo risotto that contained fried onions, mixed peppers, garlic, lemon zest and more oregano. Garnished with a healthy dollop of tzatziki.
Sounds like a taste sensation Notty

Had some fresh pasta that needed eating so did a Sausage pasta with a Tomato and Mascarpone sauce. Added more flavour by reducing down finely chopped onion, flat mushrooms and cubed Chorizo. Dusted with grated Cheddar, Parmisan and black Pepper. Side salad of Lettuce, Beefsteak Tomatoes and Avacado with a French Dressing. 8/10

Had some fresh pasta that needed eating so did a Sausage pasta with a Tomato and Mascarpone sauce. Added more flavour by reducing down finely chopped onion, flat mushrooms and cubed Chorizo. Dusted with grated Cheddar, Parmisan and black Pepper. Side salad of Lettuce, Beefsteak Tomatoes and Avacado with a French Dressing. 8/10
Very nice! Sound good, and with a side salad to boot.

Lunch: chicken left over from last night in a wrap with lettuce, apple, smoked cheddar and whole-grain mustard mayonaise.

Tea: sweet potato, squash and chick-pea balti-style curry. Home-grown strawbs with yoghurt for pud.

Last night was a real treat for me….cheesy chorizo crusted cod with roast potatoes, asparagus and aioli. The topping for the fish included panko breadcrumbs, lemon zest, flat leaf parsley and hard Italian cheese with the chorizo. 9/10 for me but only a 7 from Mrs E. she doesn’t really do fish but did comment that a C0E49E96-4332-42C2-A7AE-8F87439F4AAC.jpegcheese that melted would be better ( perhaps mozzarella)

Friday

For tea
Fish, chips and peas with bread and butter and some vin blanc de France.

From 7.30pm
Butcombe Rare Breed
Butcombe Gold
Salted peanuts
Slice of toast with Pek and cheese
Weetabix with mayo and Pek
Cheese and bix
Half bottle Merlot.
The highlighted is a new one on me!

Friday

For tea
Fish, chips and peas with bread and butter and some vin blanc de France.

From 7.30pm
Butcombe Rare Breed
Butcombe Gold
Salted peanuts
Slice of toast with Pek and cheese
Weetabix with mayo and Pek
Cheese and bix
Half bottle Merlot.

Having a drink often gives me the munchies too! Those Butcombe drinks sound good