Summer transfers rumours, speculation, news | Page 85 | Vital Football

Summer transfers rumours, speculation, news

I think we need both Lang and Aasgaard to commit for a few seasons if possible, but I'm sure clubs will soon be sniffing around if not already. They both had a spark about them last night.

Hope Lang is not injured though as he was taken off at half time and it didn't seem to be a planned move. Keane was out with the rest of the subs at half time and was called in, he then came out a little later and went through a warm up before coming on immediately after.

It could have been a change of system, but I would have thought that that would have taken place at around 70 mins.

Hope I am wrong, but an injury would be very worrying this near to the start of the season.

Right back needed I wasn’t impressed with whoever played their last night

Darikwa? .... who played most of last season? He made one mistake (as did all of the defence, indeed, most of the players on the field) which unfortunately got punished. He did plenty of good stuff too, which of course gets ignored.

His replacement was a trialist.

Last edited:
Darikwa? .... who played most of last season? He made one mistake (as did all of the defence, indeed, most of the players on the field) which unfortunately got punished. He did plenty of good stuff too, which of course gets ignored.

I think the Trialist was Eardly, who actually looked a beast of a player, more like a CB than a RB.

He's not good enough for an automatic promotion chasing side. No coincidence he ended up with us last season and not a better side. Good squad player, but a key starter not for me.

Five players needed, right back, two centre backs, central attacking midfielder, winger. Then we are good to go for the season.

Ipswich now being linked with Jordan Jones. Football League World claiming that a deal is close for him to join them on loan.

That's a bit disappointing Cook signed two more yesterday as well, apparently a centre back he says he's been tracking since he played for Fylde against us in the cup. Someone asked Kendrick about signings he said "Leam was Coy make of that as you want" in other words he's not a clue pathetic !!!

TBH is it that strange that Cook and Richardson are looking to bring the same players in, after all they have worked together for the last few years and will have watched the same players time and time again. I would find it strange if we were to look at a player that wasn't being looked at by Ipswich.

Very true that TB, sure there's players that both us and Ipswich have looked at over last few months, Cook and Richardson will have watched loads and discussed making a move for them while they were together. Only natural that they might be looking at players they've looked at before

That's a bit disappointing Cook signed two more yesterday as well, apparently a centre back he says he's been tracking since he played for Fylde against us in the cup. Someone asked Kendrick about signings he said "Leam was Coy make of that as you want" in other words he's not a clue pathetic !!!
That must be George Edmundsson. I remember us being linked with him under Cook when he was at Oldham so that makes sense.

That must be George Edmundsson. I remember us being linked with him under Cook when he was at Oldham so that makes sense.
Its gone very quiet of late players coming in ,are we running out of OPTIONS i wonder,or finding it harder to get players to come here

Not fussed on Jones, I dont really think we need another winger, Mcgrath should be priority with Bailey, a quality CB at this level to go with Whatmough and a midfielder that can play more advanced.

I will say this now, after watching Charlie Wyke twice unless we start to put some balls on his head we are going to get nothing from him.
He hardly had a touch tonight as the game just passed him by but to be fair to him nobody tried to find him with a single cross. Humphreys did far more in 15 mins and looked to fit the teams tactics much better

My first post .....so don't be too harsh. I totally agree 100%. Hope I'm completely wrong, but from what I've seen in the friendlies at AFC Fylde and at home to Stoke, I would not be surprised at all if Steve Humphreys and possibly Callum Lang, both end up scoring more goals for us this season than Wyke.

I work as an artic driver, who regularly delivers and collects from Sunderland and the surrounding area, and every single Sunderland fan that I speak to has said more or less the same thing. "He's not actually a very good footballer", "no pace, can't run in behind", "hasn't got the skill or ability to beat a player", "he'll never curl one into the top corner from 25yds", "without good service and good crosses he won't score more than 10 goals for you lot next season", "very one dimensional" etc etc ....they genuinely aren't that bothered that he's left and joined us.

Like I said, I hope I'm wrong, but from what I've seen so far in the friendlies...the Sunderland fans could be right. Steve Humphreys looks a better all-round striker.....much sharper, and a better team player.....as does our own Callum Lang.

Just hope we can get a couple of good wingers in quickly......or else Charlie Wyke could end up looking like the Millenium Dome.....an expensive mistake!

My first post .....so don't be too harsh. I totally agree 100%. Hope I'm completely wrong, but from what I've seen in the friendlies at AFC Fylde and at home to Stoke, I would not be surprised at all if Steve Humphreys and possibly Callum Lang, both end up scoring more goals for us this season than Wyke.

I work as an artic driver, who regularly delivers and collects from Sunderland and the surrounding area, and every single Sunderland fan that I speak to has said more or less the same thing. "He's not actually a very good footballer", "no pace, can't run in behind", "hasn't got the skill or ability to beat a player", "he'll never curl one into the top corner from 25yds", "without good service and good crosses he won't score more than 10 goals for you lot next season", "very one dimensional" etc etc ....they genuinely aren't that bothered that he's left and joined us.

Like I said, I hope I'm wrong, but from what I've seen so far in the friendlies...the Sunderland fans could be right. Steve Humphreys looks a better all-round striker.....much sharper, and a better team player.....as does our own Callum Lang.

Just hope we can get a couple of good wingers in quickly......or else Charlie Wyke could end up looking like the Millenium Dome.....an expensive mistake!
Thing about the Millennium Dome though, they eventually realised that they weren't using it to it's full potential so they turned it into the 02 Arena and lo and behold it's now an overwhelming success. Leam Richardson needs to utilise his squad in a way that allows Wyke to realise his obvious quality infant of goal for us as Lee Johnson did at Sunderland.

Will Grigg scored three goals (two of them penalties) in 11 games after joining the club until Yanic made his debut. A striker is only as good as the service they receive.

Not fussed on Jones, I dont really think we need another winger, Mcgrath should be priority with Bailey, a quality CB at this level to go with Whatmough and a midfielder that can play more advanced.

The trialist they brought on last night looked to be a decent option. Think it was the lad from Tranmere that was being mentioned. He looked a little bit rough around the edges but was very powerful and direct.

The trialist they brought on last night looked to be a decent option. Think it was the lad from Tranmere that was being mentioned. He looked a little bit rough around the edges but was very powerful and direct.
It was. He was the same at Fylde. ...... not afraid to take on a player.