• Leave to other PL team

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Leave to non-PL team

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stay at Spurs

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well I hope Joe Lewis is angry with himself. The culture of any organisation is set at the top and cascades down. It is him and Levy that are most culpable for their decisions over the years. If both are good leaders, they know that anger or stubbornness will get them absolutely nowhere in the Kane debate.

We need some practical, non-emotional thinking from the pair of them to get some resolution. £200m+ in cash is quite simply a stupid expectation and shows their complete lack of knowledge of the game. If you go one level deeper, it will also explain an empty trophy cabinet.

Well said Mutters. The fish rots from the head down.

200 mill is absolutely insane. Glass ankled petulance aint worth that.
I just can't see him banging in 30 goals a season again. He may have a decent first season at City, but his body will catch up with him, which will have a huge effect on his mental state, goals will dry up and tissy fits will reappear.

It's the old ask for more than you really want bargaining trick...about as old as prostitution! They'll end up paying a little bit north of 100mil (maybe) but nowhere near 150mil.
Pros: Great instincts, great touch, good vision, murderous shot, strength
Cons: He's 28, that's a lot of mileage already on him; knackered ankles; lack of pace

and we want 150M...we're in the twilight zone of Levy negotiations (we've had more than a few great plays go into a funk before Levy's ego gets out of the way and we sell - Bale dropped off, remember Berbersulk? And of course the last one being Erickson. So, yeah, hold out for the right price, but don't keep taking the piss (same thing happens on the buying end too...look what's happening with the Cristian Romero deal...a damn good player (or so I've heard) willing to come and join the revolution, but can we get the deal done?

OK, I'll not go into a rant, we all have our opinions...I'll give you more of mine tomorrow...LOL (kidding!)

Sancho signed for United for 85m so 150m for Kane isn't unreasonable at all.

hmm how old is Sancho? Chances are when the financial fall-out fo covid calms down his value will only go up.

Kanes can only go down from now - he may think he can play for another 5/6 years but most now know he's lost a yard of pace and his ankles are not going to get any better than they are now - so I suspect after 3 years at city his resale value will drop dramatically.

I can't see us getting much more that £120 for him, and a lot less if as some still believe he's forced to stay another year before moving on..

Sancho is younger but nowhere near as good. His stats are nowhere near Kanes.

I think Kane can play till his mid 30's easily. He has never had top pace. He can easily turn into a Sheringham/Lampard.

If City want one of the best goal scorers around and has now become a top assist mastero to boot then they need to pay up or piss off.

Well said Mutters. The fish rots from the head down.

200 mill is absolutely insane. Glass ankled petulance aint worth that.
I just can't see him banging in 30 goals a season again. He may have a decent first season at City, but his body will catch up with him, which will have a huge effect on his mental state, goals will dry up and tissy fits will reappear.

One thing that has always bugged me is the misalignment between a footballers career cycle and their earning potential. You just earn more and more and more until you fall from the glass ceiling at the end. The football industry is so thick allowing a 32 year old to earn more than a 25 year old. It should be the other way around.

Kane's value isn't only dictated by his own ability vs age though. It's largely influenced by his importance to us as a club and how long his current contract is.

Was Sancho as important to Dortmund as Kane is to us?

No, but at ManUre he could be, he and Varane and perhaps one other could well be the keys to unlocking the PL title again for them.

Kane is of course of enormous value to us as his goal-scoring record is incredible, but a sulking, really couldn't care less Kane or half-hearted version of Kane (which is what we will have if we force him to stay) will only stop us from rebuilding and moving on.

Sticking a ridiculous emotionally fueled value on his head that may price him out of his move, is anti-our future and plain dumb. I'd much rather move forward now and put this behind us as we rebuild.

Totally agree. Zero chance we will deal at £100m. The notion that we should accept that value is incredible as we can all see he is the most reliable goal scorer in the league and has added assists to his skill set also.
Kane’s value is also calculated on the impact he will have on another team. If he is the missing linn the Utd need to win the PL or city need for the CL, then that comes at a premium! I get that we don’t want a sulking player holding us back but we also need to achieve market value as that will allow us to build. That market value is between £125m and £150m.
We all know what will happen to player prices quoted to us when Kane leaves! They double, so we need the cash to be able to invest. £100m! Not a chance!

Didn't Kane come out and say/leak something with two games still left to play last season? It might've been the Neville interview. If he wants to go, then none of us begrudge him the move, but he has to be honest or this could leave a bad taste. Doing it at that time was idiotic, should've waited until the season was done.

I think most fans are fine with him leaving for between 125m and 150m but I'm not sure if he should receive all loyalty bonuses when he is pushing for the move himself.

A transfer request would sit better with me, as it would for Aurier. If it feels right to openly hint you want to leave in several public interviews, the same statement should stand for when speaking to your employers or directly to the fans, for they all have seen the interviews themselves.

Didn't Kane come out and say/leak something with two games still left to play last season? It might've been the Neville interview. If he wants to go, then none of us begrudge him the move, but he has to be honest or this could leave a bad taste. Doing it at that time was idiotic, should've waited until the season was done.

I think most fans are fine with him leaving for between 125m and 150m but I'm not sure if he should receive all loyalty bonuses when he is pushing for the move himself.

A transfer request would sit better with me, as it would for Aurier. If it feels right to openly hint you want to leave in several public interviews, the same statement should stand for when speaking to your employers or directly to the fans, for they all have seen the interviews themselves.

Afraid because of the vast amount of money involved the business of football is riddled with double standards and inconsistencies.

Clubs discard/sell players whenever they like, irrespective of the contracts they have, so now players do the same but in reverse - agents get rich (or richer), the whole thing is a giant game of snakes and ladders, someone is always a snake and someone is always using a ladder to greater riches.

It won't change now and those fans who still think there is any honour or loyalty left in the game by any party, any individual couldn't be more wrong.

No, but at ManUre he could be, he and Varane and perhaps one other could well be the keys to unlocking the PL title again for them.

Kane is of course of enormous value to us as his goal-scoring record is incredible, but a sulking, really couldn't care less Kane or half-hearted version of Kane (which is what we will have if we force him to stay) will only stop us from rebuilding and moving on.

Sticking a ridiculous emotionally fueled value on his head that may price him out of his move, is anti-our future and plain dumb. I'd much rather move forward now and put this behind us as we rebuild.

But anything less than £125m is gifting a world class striker to a team that do not deserve an easy path. I don't think its emotionally fuelled to get what his true value is. It's business. What would Citeh value De Bruyne at I wonder considering his importance to that team. Do we think they'd budge on a valuation?

Like I've said before though, if we do block the cheaper sale and Harry is forced to stay is it really in his best interests to sulk and not put in 100%? Eriksen did the same and it cost him his dream Real move. Next summer what would Kane's value realistically be if he kept putting in the effort? £75-80m?

But anything less than £125m is gifting a world class striker to a team that do not deserve an easy path. I don't think its emotionally fuelled to get what his true value is. It's business. What would Citeh value De Bruyne at I wonder considering his importance to that team. Do we think they'd budge on a valuation?

Like I've said before though, if we do block the cheaper sale and Harry is forced to stay is it really in his best interests to sulk and not put in 100%? Eriksen did the same and it cost him his dream Real move. Next summer what would Kane's value realistically be if he kept putting in the effort? £75-80m?

At best, one more bout of ankellitus and no one will come shopping for him. In today's financial climate, he's not worth pricing out of the market for - we need to rebuild and move on and the money locked up in him will go a long way to a new chapter in a new project.

Last edited:

100% but they want their cake & eat it don't they?

Let's face it Kane at 70% will be better than anything we bring in.

At best, one more bout of ankellitus and no one will come shopping for him. In today's financial climate, he's not worth pricing out of the market for - we need yo rebuild and move on and the money locked up in him will go a long way to a new chapter in a new project.

The market hasn't changed though.

No footballer took a pay cut. They all refused. If anything wages have gone up. Son has been given a huge pay rise.

United are blowing 100s of millions. Even the shite gooners are blowing 50m on White.

The Premier League top tier teams have pretty much said " fuck you covid, I'm still spending ".

At best, one more bout of ankellitus and no one will come shopping for him. In today's financial climate, he's not worth pricing out of the market for - we need to rebuild and move on and the money locked up in him will go a long way to a new chapter in a new project.

£100m isn't going to do anywhere near enough. We are currently in talks for a £50m CB for example. We've spent £20m+ on a 20y/o winger. I know these figures are divided up into payment packages etc. but as a basic point, for those two players, that is already £70m.

Like I said, I appreciate I am over-simplifying the finances HUGELY, but that is £70m of the Kane £100m and we are still nowhere near replacing the assists and goals that man gets us consistently.

The job Paratici has to construct this new chapter is MASSIVE and letting Kane go for well below his true value just makes everything more difficult and leaves us in a bit of a state. If Kane is that desperate to leave us, he needs to throw away his good relationship with the fans and club and make his intentions clear. For a man who has nearly always put personal glory before club glory, he needs to sack up and make his intentions clear.