Sicknote! | Vital Football

Sicknote!

Tree and Crown

Vital Squad Member
Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere but where the fuck is Massey?

Surely he can't still be injured, i hope to God we've got rid, waste of a wage.

If Massey isn't gonna play much would it not be better for both parties to pay him up we get someone else in just have see what happens with him is he out long term

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere but where the fuck is Massey?

Surely he can't still be injured, i hope to God we've got rid, waste of a wage.

Didn't Richardson say a couple of weeks ago that his return to action is being managed so that it doesn't cause a recurrence of his injury problems - in other words it's being done step by step and slowly instead of just chucking him back in

Didn't Richardson say a couple of weeks ago that his return to action is being managed so that it doesn't cause a recurrence of his injury problems - in other words it's being done step by step and slowly instead of just chucking him back in

Makes not a jot of difference...after 2 or 3 comeback games he'll be out for 6 months. Total waste of time, effort and money. Pay him up and bin him off.

Hopefully with a full compliment of medical personnel and physios they can get him back in shape. The lad must be concerned about the longevity of his career. Unless his injury record improves this season it’s unlikely he’ll get another contract at a league club as with the state of most clubs finances no one will be willing to sign a player who is injured more often than not.

Makes not a jot of difference...after 2 or 3 comeback games he'll be out for 6 months. Total waste of time, effort and money. Pay him up and bin him off.

If you are going to pay up the remainder of his contract you may be as well just keeping him and seeing if you can get something out of him.

I would love to know how he got an year extra despite not being offered a new deal. It must have been a clause in his 2 year deal but he hardly played so surely he didn't hit the apperances to trigger it. Really strange.

Last time Massey was in his final year he was immense so hopefully the pressure / fear of getting released at the end of the season will motivate him to rediscover that form. There's no doubt that in there somewhere is a very good player but we see it so rarely.

I would love to know how he got an year extra despite not being offered a new deal. It must have been a clause in his 2 year deal but he hardly played so surely he didn't hit the apperances to trigger it. Really strange.
I think I remember Paul Kendrick saying that his option was triggered at 10 games ... which is what he played.

If you are going to pay up the remainder of his contract you may be as well just keeping him and seeing if you can get something out of him.

He got an extra year as clearly the trigger was at his sole discretion rather than appearance based - whoever signed off on that wants calling out - so don't blame the player for doing it as no way would he be earning it at a new club.
As for overall cost it would save a whole load of money to not have the time and effort of the medical and physio team to focus on him instead of players who wish to get out on the pitch and give 100% for the club - even when fit last season and as a senior pro he was gash.
Put to one side the fact he hardly ripped up L1 last time he played in it !
Draw a line pot him off and move on IMO