The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 213 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on Villa ffs, we need people in if indeed Europe really is our next step! A Striker as to be the top priority, still concerned that Ollie can’t go past even the most static defender, please get it done.

Come on Villa ffs, we need people in if indeed Europe really is our next step! A Striker as to be the top priority, still concerned that Ollie can’t go past even the most static defender, please get it done.
Hang about - if the wind had been blowing differently Ollie could have easily scored 20 last season. Sure, a backup striker would make everyone feel better but Ollie's the best we've had since Benteke. Who cares if he doesn't skin defenders - he moves it out to the side and gets his shot off.

Hang about - if the wind had been blowing differently Ollie could have easily scored 20 last season. Sure, a backup striker would make everyone feel better but Ollie's the best we've had since Benteke. Who cares if he doesn't skin defenders - he moves it out to the side and gets his shot off.
I agree mate, he’s a great asset and never gives up, I just would like something different to bring on when things are obviously not happening, he also has many strengths, I’m just pointing out his weakness, and out of all his goals last term he only ever scored 1 goal that wasn’t put in front of him, and I’ll reiterate, if we’re hoping for top 6 (Europe) we need strikers that are capable of scoring from many situations (Ings would be nice)

Agreed, and let's face it, neither Wesley or Davis is NOT gonna do it.

Look at yesterday. The second half, again we 'toyed' with the idea of playing two up front. But in the short time they were together, it was patently obvious WEsley and Davis isn't gonna work.... they are too similar, you need a targetman and someone to feed off him.

I'm not saying DS will baffle us by playing two up front overnight, hell would freeze over first, but it's an option we need. Teams will know we play with just Ollie up front, stifle him and your're halfway there!

If we are serious, we need options. At the moment we've got none.

I agree mate, he’s a great asset and never gives up, I just would like something different to bring on when things are obviously not happening, he also has many strengths, I’m just pointing out his weakness, and out of all his goals last term he only ever scored 1 goal that wasn’t put in front of him, and I’ll reiterate, if we’re hoping for top 6 (Europe) we need strikers that are capable of scoring from many situations (Ings would be nice)
Sure mate, but I don't know about "put in front of him" - it's his work off the ball and fighting for and making intelligent runs before the ball arrives that makes them. We've got players in Jack, Emi2 and Bert who can skin people at pace (often played in by Ollie taking the ball to feet) and hopefully again if this Bailey transfer goes through. Strikers who can lead the line, run the channels, hold off defenders with the ball into feet, make runs onto balls in behind AND ghost past PL defenders are rare creatures indeed and that £40m+ is needed more in midfield and another CB on the bench IMO.

I don't think we'll be buying any strikers unless we can get Harry Kane or Lukaku on the cheap.
We need a CB and a 2nd keeper but in saying that you can never have too many good players. We haven't got 18 yet that we'd be arguing about who plays. 9 of the team pick themselves

There's no chance we're spending big on a striker like Ings when we play 4231 or 433. You need to get over it. It's not happening. The stuff about Watkins is laughable also, not sure what you're watching

There's no chance we're spending big on a striker like Ings when we play 4231 or 433. You need to get over it. It's not happening. The stuff about Watkins is laughable also, not sure what you're watching
Unless we buy another top striker we can all forget about any hope of Europe. Watkins goes on long barren spells without goals as we already know. Plus if he got injured we'd be screwed

Unless we buy another top striker we can all forget about any hope of Europe. Watkins goes on long barren spells without goals as we already know. Plus if he got injured we'd be screwed

All true, but I think the level we're gonna be after is someone better than Wesley and Davis (not hard) but happy to be Ollies backup. It's tricky, it limits the options, but it's where we're at.

Alvarez would probably fit the bill. Doubt he'd expect to be a regular in his first season in a new country. Could bed him in gradually.

All true, but I think the level we're gonna be after is someone better than Wesley and Davis (not hard) but happy to be Ollies backup. It's tricky, it limits the options, but it's where we're at.

Alvarez would probably fit the bill. Doubt he'd expect to be a regular in his first season in a new country. Could bed him in gradually.
Alvarez would be a gamble and need time. We need a proven (at this level) second striker at the club

why ? The top 6 or 7 clubs all have them , is that not what we are aspiring to ? Breaking into Europe without a proper back up striker - forget it

Chelsea's backup striker is Tammy. He came through the youth setup.

Man City don't really have a backup but it was Jesus before Aguero left.... A gamble from South America.

Spurs have struggled to find a backup for Kane for years and arguably still haven't found one.

West Ham don't even have a main out and out striker let alone a decent back up.

United... Yes they are stacked, but they're united.

Liverpool bought in Jota but they'd just won the league so far easier for them to do.

Watkins barren spell included 2 bogus VAR decisions which would probably be given as goals this season. Tammy who some want scored 7 goals in 3 games in first 5 games 2 seasons ago then went on long goal droughts only scoring 14 more rest of 2 seasons ago and last season

Chelsea have Giroud as well and Harland on the way , what's Antonio then at West Ham ? Ci£y have Torres Jesus and Kane.
Even teams like Southampton have the likes of Ings and Adams.

Looks like the problem with Ollie having barren spells, is being dealt with by buying players that give him better service, i'm sure there are a few in the squad that can fill in for him if need be. I can't see us spending a fortune on another striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.