2021 Summer Transfer Thread | Page 100 | Vital Football

2021 Summer Transfer Thread

As Mao says, Mel wants to stop funding DCFC - which as you point out is even harder with no ST revenue.

They've offloaded numerous players and cut their wage bill, but Mel is still having to fund that personally and if they miss another payment of wages - immediate 3 point deduction.

They've got to pay off Keogh too and Mel is already borrowing from 3rd parties, secured against the stadium.

They've also got to provide the accounts in relation to the current potential FFP breach.

In the current circumstances, securing a buyer for DCFC is nigh on impossible - so, they will almost certainly have to sell someone.
Maybe he can sell the stadium on…

That’s sort of what I meant - a Prem team buying him and then offering him on loan. That may be our only shot if a Prem team does come knocking…

To clarify, this is a Prem club buying Lee, but then loaning him back to DCFC - that way, Derby get cash but also keep the services of the player for another year!

I take it that loon has walked away from taking them over, they are right up shit creek if we go in with a reasonable offer they may have to accept it out of necessity. I imagine any fair ish offers for any of their decent players will have to be considered, hopefully they are left with absolute crap by the time the window shuts.

To clarify, this is a Prem club buying Lee, but then loaning him back to DCFC - that way, Derby get cash but also keep the services of the player for another year!

I am not sure that is possible when you are under embargo; a lot will depend on the wage the player is on.

As Mao says, Mel wants to stop funding DCFC - which as you point out is even harder with no ST revenue.

They've offloaded numerous players and cut their wage bill, but Mel is still having to fund that personally and if they miss another payment of wages - immediate 3 point deduction.

They've got to pay off Keogh too and Mel is already borrowing from 3rd parties, secured against the stadium.

They've also got to provide the accounts in relation to the current potential FFP breach.

In the current circumstances, securing a buyer for DCFC is nigh on impossible - so, they will almost certainly have to sell someone.
I don't doubt that

But I also don't doubt that Buchanan will have more suitors than just Forest.

They may have to sell, but they won't have to sell to us if they don't want to.

Sorry, I understand that but would they be obligated to loan back to the seller or could they loan elsewhere? If it isn’t part of the deal then that would be the only way we would be likely to get him if a Prem club comes in.

I don't doubt that

Maybe not but if we are one of the suitors and Derby need to sell then the players wishes will come into it and if he is a Forest fan…

As usual, the Major has the full run down on this one.

This is not a new development; Derby informed Buchanan and his agent that he could leave over two weeks ago - his agent started to circulate his name.

Our bid is over a week old.

Up to now, we are the only serious bidders; this prompted Mel to put it out into the Press.

So far there is no PL interest.

Sorry, I understand that but would they be obligated to loan back to the seller or could they loan elsewhere? If it isn’t part of the deal then that would be the only way we would be likely to get him if a Prem club comes in.

Theoretically, the buyer could loan him to any club, but DCFC are more likely to prefer the deal mentioned - which happens regularly.

I don't doubt that

Correct, but Lee doesn't want to be sat on a bench having just become a first regular - which is likely should an EPL club pounce.

You probably think otherwise, but DCFC really are facing a much bigger struggle than Forest (as it stands) given the restrictions upon them.

Forest are local, Lee gets a payrise plus signing on fee and would be joining a club that needs a left back.

No doubt he has EPL aspirations, but he's as likely to get noticed playing regularly at Forest, as he would be by staying with Derby - who could be in a relegation scrap all season.

The fact is, we've made a bid - which isn't enough, time will tell whether we're successful or not - but, this is the kind of signing that we should be looking at!

As usual, the Major has the full run down on this one.

This is not a new development; Derby informed Buchanan and his agent that he could leave over two weeks ago - his agent started to circulate his name.

Our bid is over a week old.

Up to now, we are the only serious bidders; this prompted Mel to put it out into the Press.

So far there is no PL interest.

Bring back Jom 2021!

I would rather join the firesale for Bielik
In fairness they have one or two players such as Bielik and Jozwiak who will be getting interest. A lot is going to depend on how much their sales can bring in but it isn’t beyond the bounds for them to be picked clean of any talent before a ball is kicked in anger.