Dele makes a statement | Page 9 | Vital Football

Dele makes a statement

In all competitions he gets into double figures more often than not.

He didn't last season as he was barely played.

If he is a regular I am confident he will get over 10 goals.

He hasn’t for 3 seasons though and he’s progressively got worse every season, I was one of his biggest fans 5 years ago but I can’t see him turning it around for us now unfortunately.

Who would be creating from midfield if it isn't him? 'luxury' players' - who and where are they?!

Hopefully a replacement if he is sold, there is plenty of creative players out there we could get, I have a lot more trust now Paratici is doing the business as well.

Luxury players are players like Dele who look great when things are going well, little flicks and tricks. He’s great at megging players I’ll give him that

Nuno has the philosophy of making players better and helping them. Dele needs to be more direct and use his vision and intelligence to create for us. Rather than the flash stuff which is ok in moderation and in the right place.He still needs to keep that cheeky arrogance.

He hasn’t for 3 seasons though and he’s progressively got worse every season, I was one of his biggest fans 5 years ago but I can’t see him turning it around for us now unfortunately.

For the record, he didn't get worse last season. He just wasn't allowed to get worse or better. The only time all season he got a run was under Mason. I seem to recall him getting MoM's in some of those games as well.

I actually think he'll take a little time to hit his stride this season. That is, unless he gets some early goals and assists. That might help him grow again. I also hope we don't over-use him. Gio and Tanguy needs to take some of that pressure.

Hopefully a replacement if he is sold, there is plenty of creative players out there we could get, I have a lot more trust now Paratici is doing the business as well.

Luxury players are players like Dele who look great when things are going well, little flicks and tricks. He’s great at megging players I’ll give him that

Bang on the money, Scott, calling it as it is.

Have heard he's been training extremely hard all season. Judging by the yards covered on the pitch when he's played it seems he's one of our fittest players, if not the fittest. Are you basing the laziness in training from anything more than some of the dark lord's excuses?

The statement is good for sure but notice he said "stadiums" plural, many have taken it as a commitment to Spurs but I think it's potentially pointed that he didn't say "stadium". There's no guarantee he'll want to stick around this summer, not sure I would in his shoes with how many of our fans turned on him despite him being given few opportunities this season (3 PL starts under Mourinho) and being no worse than the other AMs last season.
So, are you saying we don't have away support? Because that's how I saw the stadium plurality.