Coronavirus | Page 128 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

Fair comments , but all of them quit , that aint going to happen as much as is also like them to . Neither will ban all international travel. As for social distancing , back to as it was pre 19th July . adding to that sports even ie football matches , totally behind closed doors . you cant have family unable to meet when drowds can gather at football matches , As for protection measures assume you mean masks in shop , public transport , not a problem , but if you mean protection for the vulnerable etc that would have to be up to the individual , as for me i dont want to be protected , i'll live the way i want , here on my sundrenched island . lol :cheers::cheers:

Not everyone has access to a sun-drenched island. Just sayin'...

Getting a 3% pay rise as a 'thank you' , along with the clapping my debts have miraculously disappeared, I can get that season ticket renewed now...o bugger!

Plenty of legislation is in place to protect you from all sorts of hazards in life. Do you want those all removed as well?
I was under the impression the thread is about covid 19 . And I was replying to a post I thought was about protection against such virus ie maybe shielding again for the vulnerable etc . Perhaps the poster could clarify what he meant by protection .

I was under the impression the thread is about covid 19 . And I was replying to a post I thought was about protection against such virus ie maybe shielding again for the vulnerable etc . Perhaps the poster could clarify what he meant by protection .

It's perfectly obvious what I mean.

No paediatric ICU beds anywhere in the country, shocking!
6th richest country in the world and our government are running the NHS into the ground.

I see the government's "management" of the self-inflicted "pingdemic" is reaching new heights of total, disorganised chaos even for them.

I see the government's "management" of the self-inflicted "pingdemic" is reaching new heights of total, disorganised chaos even for them.

The "pingdemic" is what a proper test and trace system looks like. The completely unfunny irony being that we really, really needed this 15 months ago. What's becoming obvious only now to a good proportion of the general public is how easily transmissible this virus is and how difficult it is to run society without locking down. If we had this 15 months ago and a population willing to participate in isolating when asked to do so we probably would not have needed the lockdowns we have had.

Asking the population to temporarily sacrifice their freedom so others can have theirs appears to be asking too much of many of them though...

The "pingdemic" is what a proper test and trace system looks like. The completely unfunny irony being that we really, really needed this 15 months ago. What's becoming obvious only now to a good proportion of the general public is how easily transmissible this virus is and how difficult it is to run society without locking down. If we had this 15 months ago and a population willing to participate in isolating when asked to do so we probably would not have needed the lockdowns we have had.

Asking the population to temporarily sacrifice their freedom so others can have theirs appears to be asking too much of many of them though...

Unfortunately, I think you're right. It's certainly asking too much of the government, that's for sure.

But how typical of this useless lot that they go for a big-bang re-opening without even thinking about who might be exempt from self-isolation if they're pinged.

Absolutely fucking useless.

And still the media is going on and on about how many are being pinged and how the pings should really be ignored.
Whilst missing the whole point about this (and doubtless deliberately so) that there are only many more pings because there are now many more infected people and social distancing has been ditched and all other such measures to reduce tranmission have been ditched.

So media - how about actually laying into each and every minister and making it clear to all viewers that this government is 100% to blame for all the "pinging".
And also media, please explain that steps to ignore the pings is yet another braindead idea as that will only increase transmission even further!!!