Alternative Sports Thread | Page 5 | Vital Football

Alternative Sports Thread

Anyone watch the 3 T20 Tests, England B, partial, v Pakistan.

1st....swashbuckling cricket from both sides, loved it, Pakistan 1 up, not so loved it lol!

2nd....basically ditto Test 1, loved it, but even more as England pulled it back 1 each, loved it more lol!

3rd....brilliant from both sides, spin bowling at its best, loved it, daren't hold my breath, we are going to win, no we ain't, plonkers, back n forth, positive/negative, huge sigh of relief, Mr Cool Chris Jordan, gets the final 4 runs, England win the series 2-1, total loved it lol!

Had to down a pint of Stowforths Cider after, lol!

I see that Anthony Joshua is to defend his title, Sept 6, at Our bastion of Football, lol!

Well, my home city, Brisbane has been awarded the 2032 Olympic Games.

Absolute farce though. There was no other country in the running. Our Premier insisted she travel to Tokyo to meet the IOC face to face, even although it was a lay down misere. She left a Covid Free area, Brisbane, travelled to a Covid hot spot, Sydney (which is out of control and in complete lockdown), then flew to Tokyo who are experiencing circa 1100 new cases per day! All this after her preaching to Queenslanders to stay put.

So, a bit of a slow burn if you like, meaning we're not all that excited, given it's 11 years away. Many billions to be spent upgrading facilities and infrastructure. I guess it will be great for our economy.

Last edited:
Well, my home city, Brisbane has been awarded the 2022 Olympic Games.

Absolute farce though. There was no other country in the running. Our Premier insisted she travel to Tokyo to meet the IOC face to face, even although it was a lay down misere. She left a Covid Free area, Brisbane, travelled to a Covid hot spot, Sydney (which is out of control and in complete lockdown), then flew to Tokyo who are experiencing circa 1100 new cases per day! All this after her preaching to Queenslanders to stay put.

So, a bit of a slow burn if you like, meaning we're not all that excited, given it's 11 years away. Many billions to be spent upgrading facilities and infrastructure. I guess it will be great for our economy.
Afternoon Hod, hope you are doing your best, but reading your post....Brisbane been awarded 2022 Olympic games, note year mate, not well and quick fingers eh! lol!
All the best mate.

I think I may sound sexist here, but sorry, though I love Cricket, I cannot for the life of me get watching the fair sex, can I say that, play the game, boring boring sorry.

Can't wait for the Boks/Lions 2nd test on Saturday, wishing life away eh! COYL

Just watched the Olympics 3 on 3 basketball final. Latvia v Russia. What an exciting and amazing game. For me ordinary basketball is boring even though my son had South of England trials. 3 on 3 is so different for me. Great.