Yorkshire summer cricket thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

Yorkshire summer cricket thread

I was going to give this new “100” format a try, until I saw the intro’s on both BBC and SKY.
Awful!
They appear to assume the audiences are mindless morons.
No thanks!

I was going to give this new “100” format a try, until I saw the intro’s on both BBC and SKY.
Awful!
They appear to assume the audiences are mindless morons.
No thanks!
A bit like when we had our Christmas party in midsummer the pantomime season has arrived early in the fantasy land that the ECB inhabit.

Surprised by you really Biggles. There's a decent line up of DJ's & rappers to keep you amused (horrified) apparently.

Maybe there'll be extra runs for extra curricular events

Last edited:
A bit like when we had our Christmas party in midsummer the pantomime season has arrived early in the fantasy land that the ECB inhabit.

Surprised by you really Biggles. There's a decent line up of DJ's & rappers to keep you amused (horrified) apparently.

It’s my age TT. I am a grumpy old man - because I really enjoy being a grumpy old man.
Bah! Humbug! :yes:

P.S. I enjoy a very eclectic taste in music, from Mozart to Queen, Wagner to the Sex Pistols, etc., but so far, the allure of RAP (non) music has escaped me.

It’s my age TT. I am a grumpy old man - because I really enjoy being a grumpy old man.
Aren't we all and , with this 'initiative', with good reason.

The marketing's worked- it's packed at the Oval.Only room for another 24,000 or so.

It's like reading the thoughts of Statler&Waldorf.:giggle: UTB
Well, this might help them understand cricket a bit more- a simplistic approach by the commentators then they can't help but revert to type and use cricket jargon- eg 'wrong 'un'- which they haven't tried to explain yet.

" that's 10 dot balls- which means there were no runs from them".

Might try Sky for a bit, they're normally better at being simplistic

Well, this might help them understand cricket a bit more- a simplistic approach by the commentators then they can't help but revert to type and use cricket jargon- eg 'wrong 'un'- which they haven't tried to explain yet.

" that's 10 dot balls- which means there were no runs from them".

Might try Sky for a bit, they're normally better at being simplistic
It's the women on toneet isn't it TT? No disrespect intended to the Ladies but i won't be watching it.UTB

It's the women on toneet isn't it TT? No disrespect intended to the Ladies but i won't be watching it.UTB
I've just painted a wall Rod, now watching that.

Thought I'd watch the very 1st and , compared to the fuss that's being made, it's like a tame T20. and the commentators, rather than simplifying it for the 'new' audience, are now using normal cricket terms which, in some cases, must baffle some of the target audience- if any of the women and children who can't underatnd overs and such stuff, and can, apparently only count to 100 in blocks of 10, have actually turned up at the Oval or to watch TV.

Read that they'd sold 2k tickets and given 6k away but I don't think they've all turned up although Tuffers has just said it looks like 10k in there- which looks generous to me- like piggy style attendance figures.

I turned it on about15 mins ago just watched one slog it straight down the throat of a fielder who stood transfixed like a rabbit in the headlines and it sailed over her head,a couple of steps back and it’s in her midriff
I’m only watching to see if I can figure out what’s going on like TT says it’s a very tame t20 hopefully the men’s will be better

I turned it on about15 mins ago just watched one slog it straight down the throat of a fielder who stood transfixed like a rabbit in the headlines and it sailed over her head,a couple of steps back and it’s in her midriff
I’m only watching to see if I can figure out what’s going on like TT says it’s a very tame t20 hopefully the men’s will be better
Just watched that stumping Bully- good take by the keeper but her hands were in front of the stumps so should not have been out.
Catching's abysmal

P.S. I enjoy a very eclectic taste in music, from Mozart to Queen, Wagner to the Sex Pistols, etc., but so far, the allure of RAP (non) music has escaped me.

Jesus. You are me!