The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 206 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
But underwhelmed by cantwell, not sure why, I just have a feeling he's a bit of a one or two season wonder.

Can't see him stepping up and being a consistent top level player
Same. We tried the... Buying the best man in every team in the championship... Didn't we? Didn't end too well.
Should be looking at a better quality of player.
Beundia has shone in the premier League before with crazy stats so not counting him as one of them above.

In fairness, our left wing options aren't great beyond Jack. Cantwell would be next best there, even with Leon Bailey who prefers the right, although I share your underwhelmedness (...not a word...) Deano.

He was considered a wonder kid a few years ago, all the top clubs were linked with him. He’s dropped off a little since, but 9 goals and 8 assists in 25 league starts last season isn’t bad. Would be considered a marquee signing for us but I am not sure there is any truth to it though as he’s a left footed right winger and we’ve already spent £35m+ on one of those this window already, and it’s the daily mail

Buendia right footed simples 😊

We’re so minted we’ll only bid 30m for Rowe, we’ll haggle over deals for Watkins, Buendia and Traore, we’ll pick up bargains when we see them ie Sanson for 14m.

We’re in the savvy business, 50m signings aren’t happening, Neves would never be on our radar this season simply too much.

I could however see Bailey or Pereira coming in.

Bailey might play on the right but we have Buendia or Grealish on the left with either player going in the middle probably Buendia and have him and Grealish swap over.

With most eyes on Aston Villa's opening friendly of the summer this evening, as we take on Walsall at the Bescot at 7.30pm, it's been a reasonably quiet day on a transfer rumour front, but two did stand out - we have again been linked with Norwich City's Todd Cantwell and there's a new name in the frame in the shape of Bayer Leverkusen attacker Leon Bailey.
https://astonvilla.vitalfootball.co...rite-plus-new-links-to-15-goal-international/

I've been thinking that too. Having seen how effective Emi is with his right and left foot, how he can create chances and score I have a strong suspicion that he will ne playing the No10 role.

Who knows, Jacks preferred position is #8 and we might be able to play him there if have real tangible options in front him. In Buendia and potentially this other kid, that may be the case.

Being able to fill out the RW position with someone consistent and dangerous is massive.

With Jack and Buendia I think you get a dynamic and dangerous pair of players who can kind of orbit each other. Picking the space they leave, switching their positions seamlessly, and dragging players out of position, opening space for others.

I think we're OK on the left. Targett, Young and Jack is a good start. Anwar can do a job. On the right we've Bert who I'm hoping will have a good season but is still recovering from his operation. Think Bailey would be a great buy. If they're both fit then give one 60 minutes and the other 30; that would give the opposition something to think about.

Just been reading an article in The Athletic about players available on a free and honestly I'd happily take on Andre Ayew as a backup striker considering he wouldn't cost us a fee. Would offer more than Wesley and Davis goal-scoring-wise as well I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.