2021 Summer Transfer Thread | Page 90 | Vital Football

2021 Summer Transfer Thread

Football has not stopped, and today there are fixtures already for the second round of the Champions League. Dinamo Zagreb are in that, so it might be that they would want to get through these games before deciding whether or not to sell Kulenovic. Sadly, the days in which it might matter whether Kulenovic was cup- tied in the Champions League do not currently matter to Forest.

https://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/news/2021/july/Under-23s-hit-Leicester-for-five-in-friendly/

Anyone know anything about Detlef Esapa Osong ? Scored three goals in half a game, and looks like he's only 16 ?

However, moments later, The Reds went back in-front as Detlef Esapa Osong calmly kept his composure to find the bottom corner to make it 3-2.

Esapa Osong was presented with a chance to add his second from the spot on 88 minutes and his duly obliged by slamming a confident penalty into the back of the net.

There was enough time for the forward to grab his hat-trick as he got on the end of Josh Powell’s pass to wrap up a convincing 5-2 win for The Reds.

Woz played tonight.

Hopefully after a nice meeting with the new CEO.

I dont think there is any justification to sell him. He's clearly stated he doesnt want to go and even for the money mentioned it wont move us forward in leaps and bounds so if the new crew are 'serious about promotion' and know what they are doing then they will realise you keep your best players,

The owner doesnt need the money and theres no 10million quid striker arriving either way to make up for the loss.

Woz played tonight.

Hopefully after a nice meeting with the new CEO.

I dont think there is any justification to sell him. He's clearly stated he doesnt want to go and even for the money mentioned it wont move us forward in leaps and bounds so if the new crew are 'serious about promotion' and know what they are doing then they will realise you keep your best players,

The owner doesnt need the money and theres no 10million quid striker arriving either way to make up for the loss.
He may not ‘want to go’ but if the right club comes in for him he will still be off and there are a few clubs in need of a centre back in the top flight.

He may not ‘want to go’ but if the right club comes in for him he will still be off and there are a few clubs in need of a centre back in the top flight.

sure,, but my point really is that it is not the way forward and if he goes then we havent really changed anything, just the names on a door

Big difference between "not wanting to go" and not wanting to go.

I'm sure that Worrall is not actively looking to get out of the club. That doesn't mean he doesn't want to advance his career by taking a promoting transfer if one is available.

We seem to be fairly strong down the middle. Hopefully we now have two decent GKs, a bunch of decent CHs, and despite their limitations a few passable defensive midfielders. Unless some of our kids are better than I think, we desperately need at least two full backs, two wingers, a creative midfielder (or two) and a decent striker, unless we can pull a few rabbits out of our academy.

Yates is OK as a defensive midfielder, but he clearly needs someone like Watson or Garner alongside him, not Cafu, who is far too similar. Hopefully Lolley and Grabban are going to stay fitter this season too.

Big difference between "not wanting to go" and not wanting to go.

I'm sure that Worrall is not actively looking to get out of the club. That doesn't mean he doesn't want to advance his career by taking a promoting transfer if one is available.

He has three years remaining on his contract; unless another Club meets our expectations he will be going nowhere, certainly not on the cheap.

Personally, I would not be averse to selling him, providing the price is right; McKenna is a far better player, Soh is not too far behind him and then there is Fernandez behind them, and that does not include Figi, who can also go for me.

We seem to be fairly strong down the middle. Hopefully we now have two decent GKs, a bunch of decent CHs, and despite their limitations a few passable defensive midfielders. Unless some of our kids are better than I think, we desperately need at least two full backs, two wingers, a creative midfielder (or two) and a decent striker, unless we can pull a few rabbits out of our academy.

Yates is OK as a defensive midfielder, but he clearly needs someone like Watson or Garner alongside him, not Cafu, who is far too similar. Hopefully Lolley and Grabban are going to stay fitter this season too.

Correct IMO. I'd be very surprised if this isn't exactly what they are trying to do. A couple of strong FBs would really improve us. Then a couple of attacking players and Garner back would complete the squad. Won't happen overnight though.

Kulenovic has turned us down.

https://sportske.jutarnji.hr/sn/nogomet/...a-15089565

Edit
The club had agreed a loan to perm deal with Zagreb; the player is only interested in a perm deal.
Not sure what that says about him if I am honest. Loan with an option usually means that if the player is good enough then the option is taken so either he doesn’t back himself or he wants more money now rather than in 12 months…

Not sure what that says about him if I am honest. Loan with an option usually means that if the player is good enough then the option is taken so either he doesn’t back himself or he wants more money now rather than in 12 months…
I think it shows a sensible person.

Loan to buy internationally is a shit way of doing business for a player.

We are expecting a young man to uproot from everything he knows to come to a shit city in England, a language he might not know, etc.

All on his current wages, so not even a pay rise.

And at the end of a year we might be saying "thanks, we don't want you".

It's a sensible thing for all doing it domestically but internationally in these kinds of circumstances it seems an abusive system for the player.

The three games against lower league opposition was always about getting time in to some players legs and time for CH to run eye over certain players. He has had a good look in games and training at Gabriel and surely has seen enough to convince him he has enough to develop in to a good RB. Needs opportunity and experience now. Only gets that by playing him. Can Mbe Soh be cover?

He knows his CD’s are the best in division and possibly the cover is as well.

LB is a problem. He has seen Richardson play on a couple of occasions but looks very raw. Further time in that position may help. Blackett will probably play v Vale but neither quite fit the bill at present.

Cafu played well as did Yates, who’s passing was a noticeable positive. Colback when he played was also strong. Problem is they are a bit too similar. Fornah looked a noticeable different style and could be an alternative. Not a Garner though.

A range of attackers has been reviewed by CH with only Mighten catching the eye. Goals remain the big problem. Both created and put away. Figs, Blackett and Johnson, it has been suggested will all have an outing v Vale which will provide more time for looking at fringe players as well as strengthening established.

It then becomes decision time. From one game seen and reports from others I would feel the area for strengthening is LB and striker as priority. Some variation in midfield would be nice as would more pace. Several of the younger players are ready for 1st team game time. The only way to find out if they are good enough is to play them. Others need experience and time at lower league teams. Feel three quality players is the target. Not 8.

After the weekend, feel it is decision time for CH and back room team. The recruitment team must be on high alert as this is nothing new as Forest fans have known this problem exists for two years. Games against Burnley and Villa will only highlight how much of a problem. A list in each position with strengths and weaknesses noted. Needs decision and action.