#COVID19 | Page 1070 | Vital Football

#COVID19

Cummings actually makes me laugh.
LK "The PM calls the Telegraph his real boss? Is he making a joke?"
DC "Its often hard to tell with the PM exactly how much of what is a joke"

Its funny because he's obviously trying to make BJ look as bad as possible, but he's just so blunt about it.

You can see him smiling when she asks about the 350 million and she accuses him of laughing about misleading the public, but she misses that he's smiling because she's asking him about a slogan from 5 years ago and it proves that his slogan was maybe the most effective campaign tactic you can imagine.
5 years and people are still talking about it.

Last edited:
On a personal note, daughter and her husband started a 2-year contract teaching in Abu Dhabi last August. Went on holiday to Serbia a week ago, had already booked provisional flight to Luton and are quarantining in Norfolk. Should be able to see them at the weekend.

She planned it well, but there's very little risk - they both caught covid, March 2019, are double-jabbed and are tested every 2 weeks. My ex and I are both double-jabbed. So a win-win.

On a personal note, daughter and her husband started a 2-year contract teaching in Abu Dhabi last August. Went on holiday to Serbia a week ago, had already booked provisional flight to Luton and are quarantining in Norfolk. Should be able to see them at the weekend.

She planned it well, but there's very little risk - they both caught covid, March 2019, are double-jabbed and are tested every 2 weeks. My ex and I are both double-jabbed. So a win-win.
Hope you're right but there was a woman on radio yesterday who caught Covid In december last year since then has had 2 jabs and has just caught it again. Unbelievable really

I was talking to some biology teachers today and they were suggesting that a person's reaction to the vaccine might be connected to how badly they would have reacted to COVID.

IE if the vaccine absolutely floors you, it's indicative that catching COVID might have been quite serious for you.

Does anyone know if there is anything in that?

I was talking to some biology teachers today and they were suggesting that a person's reaction to the vaccine might be connected to how badly they would have reacted to COVID.

IE if the vaccine absolutely floors you, it's indicative that catching COVID might have been quite serious for you.

I only know about myself but that's not how it worked for me.
COVID was a little bit rough for a day but then very mild. The vaccine absolutely kicked my arse for 3 days.

COVID was a little bit rough for a day but then very mild. The vaccine absolutely kicked my arse for 3 days.
wel the vaccine is presumably a little tiny bit of virus, so imagine being full of the stuff after sitting in a crowd for hours or something

If I had already had covid i doubt I would have the jab. I suspect theres going to be little difference in long term protection from your own bodies antibodies or the injected ones

If I had already had covid i doubt I would have the jab. I suspect theres going to be little difference in long term protection from your own bodies antibodies or the injected ones
Its required of folk like me but I would have had it anyway. I'm a good, obedient citizen :yes::yes::yes:

Its required of folk like me but I would have had it anyway. I'm a good, obedient citizen :yes::yes::yes:
well, there is that :) but on a scientific level I imagine its true. The length of time it protects for tho is another thing yet to be fully understood. Research from early jabbed folk don't seem to be very good in the sense the protection seems to wane. Not sure why that would be, or whether that is the case if you produced your own antibodies..
Of course in normal circumstances wed understand these basics before jabbing anybody with anything really

We have more people with Covid than the USA and a lot of the world are damming our Govt and especially Johnson

There are calls for him to be arrested after Cummings released more evidence against about the lockdowns

There is more to come from Cummings he is holding back the big stuff but its coming

The USA have more cases of covid than the UK (10,412/100,000 for the US, 8,259/100,000 for the UK)

We have lower +ve rates (per 100,000) than much of Europe, including France, Spain, Portugal and Netherlands)

Where do you get your info from?

Last edited:

Personally, Covid (Pre-vaxx) was a bit nasty, and for a coupe of weeks' after I was a bit breathy and weak.
Had two AZ jabs and only a bit sore where the prick entered me; as per.

well, there is that :) but on a scientific level I imagine its true. The length of time it protects for tho is another thing yet to be fully understood. Research from early jabbed folk don't seem to be very good in the sense the protection seems to wane. Not sure why that would be, or whether that is the case if you produced your own antibodies..
Of course in normal circumstances wed understand these basics before jabbing anybody with anything really

So, in France they count a previous infection and one jab as being fully vaccinated, these are also the entry requirements for Brits, and presumably any nation's citizens, visiting Metropolitan France.

French citizens, when going for their first jab, undergo and antibody test for previous infection, if evidence is there, they are only given one jab, otherwise it's two.
The Health Ministry in France, who don't (didn't) have the supply of vaccines the UK had, thought this the best strategy.

So, in France they count a previous infection and one jab as being fully vaccinated, these are also the entry requirements for Brits, and presumably any nation's citizens, visiting Metropolitan France.

French citizens, when going for their first jab, undergo and antibody test for previous infection, if evidence is there, they are only given one jab, otherwise it's two.
The Health Ministry in France, who don't (didn't) have the supply of vaccines the UK had, thought this the best strategy.
Will that even work?

Seems utterly bizarre and surely more expensive and time consuming than just doing two jabs.

I've had an antibody test. It certainly wasn't instantaneous

Will that even work?

Seems utterly bizarre and surely more expensive and time consuming than just doing two jabs.

I've had an antibody test. It certainly wasn't instantaneous

It's the French, so they will say it does ;-)

Here are the entry requirements and I'm off there next week and I also don't need to provide a negative test :-)

From Sunday 18 July (00.00 a.m.)

If you have been fully vaccinated you will no longer have to present a test in order to enter French territory. The period of time you must wait following the final dose has been reduced to seven days (double dose, or previous infection + one dose) and 28 days (single dose).

Covid cases going through the roof and its all the fault of Boris? Well what a surprise. Ive had a sore throat, slight cough and generally dont feel 100% and in todays world that doesnt mean that ive got a cold.

Well he was being asked to slow down by various scientific organisations so yea

I do wonder how on the one hand people say oh you cant blame boris for everything and on the other hand accept he is PM. Is there no accountability in this country at all? (Right it seems no there is not).

Cummings actually makes me laugh.
LK "The PM calls the Telegraph his real boss? Is he making a joke?"
DC "Its often hard to tell with the PM exactly how much of what is a joke"

Its funny because he's obviously trying to make BJ look as bad as possible, but he's just so blunt about it.

You can see him smiling when she asks about the 350 million and she accuses him of laughing about misleading the public, but she misses that he's smiling because she's asking him about a slogan from 5 years ago and it proves that his slogan was maybe the most effective campaign tactic you can imagine.
5 years and people are still talking about it.

Yes but while he is patting himself on the back the cost of that involved lowering the standards of acceptable spin and ultimate undermines trust and social cohesion. He created the environment where handjob felt it was ok to give deals to his mates.

While he thinks that slogan was his cleaverest move, history will record he was a self-serving egotist who cared nothing for the consequences of his ambitions.

Social media is poisonous. It’s no longer a way of keeping with friends, but a platform for people to troll, to send vile abuse and just generally try and cancel anyone with a different opinion or call them unjust names.

Fair enough that your life is very together and Covid hasn’t impacted you, but that’s why you have no qualms in saying things shouldn’t be eased.

What’s your message to kids aged 19 who’ve yet to experienced a night out with their friends where they can legally drink alcohol and meet new people? I assume you had that liberty and enjoyed doing it when you were younger - why should that basic right that everybody else got to experience be dismissed?

I disagree that people feeling dull is a reflection on the nation - it’s a reflection on people’s circumstances. Humans are social butterflies that like to mix - that’s not strange, it’s been in our DNA forever. You’re clearly more introvert and enjoy this, maybe a bit like ORF and that’s no problem - each to their own… but I absolutely take offense to you criticizing the nation for not enjoying lockdown cus other countries in the world are poorer? It’s irrelevant.

Hello Will, I come in peace, not looking for a fight just presenting a point of view. As a senior citizen I tend to see things in a different way to a lot of you. For instance at 19 years old I spent the year in North Africa and Egypt in the British Army, my choice, didn't drink or smoke, that was the only way I could see the world and by and large I enjoyed it. It certainly broadened my view. Since then I've learned to drink and smoke.
I didn't realize it at the time but I'm definitely an optimist and have realized that this has always coloured my thinking, perhaps explaining how we ended up in Oz. Perhaps paz is tarred with the same brush , I don't know.
And lastly I've got 9 adult grandchildren and I've always seen quite a lot of them, they seem to be able to make the best out of a situation.
Probably things are different over here, might be easier in some respects, again I don't know. (Except I do know about the weather )

Naturally I hope things work out for you lot but have serious doubts as Covid may spring more tricks yet.

It's the French, so they will say it does ;-)

Here are the entry requirements and I'm off there next week and I also don't need to provide a negative test :-)

From Sunday 18 July (00.00 a.m.)

If you have been fully vaccinated you will no longer have to present a test in order to enter French territory. The period of time you must wait following the final dose has been reduced to seven days (double dose, or previous infection + one dose) and 28 days (single dose).

A couple of questions.....

What happens if you get pinged by the U.K. Track and Trace thingy whilst in France? (Roaming charges may apply!!)
Second, are you quarantining when you get back?

The reason I ask is because I am hoping to get over late August/early September, and at the moment I don’t really know what the rules are.
From what I can see, it seems COVID is secondary to post Brexit border checks.
It always makes me a little nervous when things appear so straight forward in France, I know I am missing something.....

I’m going by boat (west channel crossings) as the dog will be coming with us....assuming the boats are back sailing passengers and not freight only. I guess you are flying, so maybe different at the border control, but I would definitely be interested in what you find.