Not Latics - Euros. | Page 33 | Vital Football

Not Latics - Euros.

With an easy solution - come off social media !
As for competence based I was suggesting that should be the reason for criticism rather than any racist aspect as for me that should be the only basis for it.
It shouldn't matter if you're only on the pitch for a minute - if you are paid 10s of thousands a week putting the ball in the net from a pen is by definition a core competence.
My own criticism is reserved for the hapless manager who decided it was a good idea to do it and threw them under a bus.
So, still no wobbling tks.

You said abuse not criticism 😏Maybe choose your words more carefully
I completely agree that a professional footballer should be able to take a decent penalty and I also agree that Southgate decision to put em on with 30 secs to go was a mistake as was the decision to give Saka the 5th penalty - I've said so on here but I haven't felt the need to go on their social media and abuse them and it isn't right. Never will be

And yes someone can come off social media if they're getting abuse but by that point the damage is done and in the case of a kid being bullied they'll have mobile numbers and email addresses too. Telling someone to get rid of em all is akin back in the day to telling them to just move school

On a side note did you know the Suomii are from the same genetic classification as Hungarian Magyars and Mongols...a yellow skinned folk apparently. He geet abayt yon Genghis Khan.

Sancho's miss summed him up in an England shirt so far. A complete disappointment. Needs to get away from that pub league in Germany.

Sancho's miss summed him up in an England shirt so far. A complete disappointment. Needs to get away from that pub league in Germany.

Strangely enough I hadn't seen him play for England before the Euro's but I was quite impressed with him in the 1 game that he started - his penalty wasn't much cop though
For me, I couldn't get the hullaballoo about Saka. Thought he flattered to deceive & ran in to a lot of blind alleys. His penalty was also pretty tame but can see reasons why that might have been

Strangely enough I hadn't seen him play for England before the Euro's but I was quite impressed with him in the 1 game that he started - his penalty wasn't much cop though
For me, I couldn't get the hullaballoo about Saka. Thought he flattered to deceive & ran in to a lot of blind alleys. His penalty was also pretty tame but can see reasons why that might have been
Never fails to amuse me how people see games differently. I was hugely impressed with Saka.

I see it differently than both you two, neither impressed me and I think we would have been better served with Ward-Prowse and Linguard in the squad.

You said abuse not criticism 😏Maybe choose your words more carefully
I completely agree that a professional footballer should be able to take a decent penalty and I also agree that Southgate decision to put em on with 30 secs to go was a mistake as was the decision to give Saka the 5th penalty - I've said so on here but I haven't felt the need to go on their social media and abuse them and it isn't right. Never will be

And yes someone can come off social media if they're getting abuse but by that point the damage is done and in the case of a kid being bullied they'll have mobile numbers and email addresses too. Telling someone to get rid of em all is akin back in the day to telling them to just move school
We simply don't need another pedantic - we've got Moonay already.
As for social media they could have come off it pre tournament or never gone on it at all !
If you are high profile you understand the likelihood you will get grief when you mess up it's their choice freely made

I see it differently than both you two, neither impressed me and I think we would have been better served with Ward-Prowse and Linguard in the squad.

I should probably have worded it differently as it's quite hard to be impressed by someone when they only played one game out of 7 - I thought he was more effective in that game than the others who played in the same role.
I'm not a big fan of Lingard though - I heard he had a really good stint at West Ham but I didn't see any top flight football last season so can't comment. I will say though that he's 28 now & has had spurts where he looks great but has never maintained those standards for long over numerous loan spells & time in United's 1st team

We simply don't need another pedantic - we've got Moonay already.
As for social media they could have come off it pre tournament or never gone on it at all !
If you are high profile you understand the likelihood you will get grief when you mess up it's their choice freely made

It's not pedantic. There's a world of difference between abuse & criticism. Just like there's a world of difference between posting on your own twitter feed that you thought Rashford's penalty was rubbish (criticism) & going on to his twitter feed or tagging him in yours & saying he's "a useless piece of #### who should never pull on an England shirt again" (abuse - and mild abuse at that compared to a lot I've seen since last week)

They know that the abuse was going to come as soon as they missed & England lost just like they knew some of it was going to be racist in nature. Doesn't make it right & doesn't mean they should have to come off it "coz they know the risks" and they went on it of their own free will, just because some people can't hack losing a game of football without getting abusive to someone

Sportspersons are in the public eye and they will be judged by their performances and actions. They are also in an emotive industry so at times people don’t express their feelings correctly, however that should not cross the line into racist abuse. Sadly its not just footballers. I note the FIA have put out a statement condemning the racist abuse Lewis Hamilton has now received on social media following his victory yesterday. It seems the individuals aren’t UK based but doesn’t make it right. As I said last week it’s incumbent upon the social media companies to block this crap out. It happens on here if you use a certain swear word so clearly the filtering technology is available. As such I fail to see why they are reluctant to act.

It's not pedantic. There's a world of difference between abuse & criticism. Just like there's a world of difference between posting on your own twitter feed that you thought Rashford's penalty was rubbish (criticism) & going on to his twitter feed or tagging him in yours & saying he's "a useless piece of #### who should never pull on an England shirt again" (abuse - and mild abuse at that compared to a lot I've seen since last week)

They know that the abuse was going to come as soon as they missed & England lost just like they knew some of it was going to be racist in nature. Doesn't make it right & doesn't mean they should have to come off it "coz they know the risks" and they went on it of their own free will, just because some people can't hack losing a game of football without getting abusive to someone
The racial slurs we agree are unacceptable. The competence criticism was inevitable and is part of being a high profile individual.
If you feel so passionately that everyone should be able to do exactly what they like when they like without any risk or consequences then you should campaign to ensure SM companies enhance their filtering or that SM be banned totally to ensure no one is ever affected again.
Or , as suggested earlier the individuals remove themselves from the shooting gallery.

Children pick up on physical differences and haven't the brains to keep their gob shut...when an adult does this it just shows they never progressed from childhood. Say a fat kid is terribly self conscious about their weight why would anyone want to use that as a weapon. Same goes for skin colour if that individual is going through a period of self doubt.

On a side note did you know the Suomii are from the same genetic classification as Hungarian Magyars and Mongols...a yellow skinned folk apparently. He geet abayt yon Genghis Khan.
Yes
Also the Finnish language has roots in Hungarian, and no 'european' roots.
Dare I say it, true brexiteers, we are all finished now 😀

The racial slurs we agree are unacceptable. The competence criticism was inevitable and is part of being a high profile individual.
If you feel so passionately that everyone should be able to do exactly what they like when they like without any risk or consequences then you should campaign to ensure SM companies enhance their filtering or that SM be banned totally to ensure no one is ever affected again.
Or , as suggested earlier the individuals remove themselves from the shooting gallery.

I wouldn't really say that Rashford, Sancho & Saka were doing what they liked, when they liked without any risk of consequences - they were doing their job, trying their best & it didn't work out
The way you see it is that they're in the public eye so should take the flack that comes their way (when it's competence based) & if they don't like it then don't go on the forums where they get stick
The only thing I feel passionately about when it comes to the online behaviour we've seen is that a lot of people should learn not to act like utter prats when their team loses an important game - it's they who should look at their behaviour for me rather than the SM companies having to devise ever ingenious ways of filtering out these idiots &, for me, other people should be calling them out for it rather than saying that's the way it is & if they don't like it then jog on

And for what it's worth whilst I've never done it on SM in my dim & distant past I've acted like an idiot before, during & after a game where Latics have lost. It makes me cringe now thinking about it. Maybe it's part of growing up but it's sad seeing middle aged men venting their spleen on social media, tagging the players & creating hashtags because they missed penalties - if they can't handle losing like I said I suggest it's they who need to remove themselves from the shooting gallery rather than the players

I wouldn't really say that Rashford, Sancho & Saka were doing what they liked, when they liked without any risk of consequences - they were doing their job, trying their best & it didn't work out
The way you see it is that they're in the public eye so should take the flack that comes their way (when it's competence based) & if they don't like it then don't go on the forums where they get stick
The only thing I feel passionately about when it comes to the online behaviour we've seen is that a lot of people should learn not to act like utter prats when their team loses an important game - it's they who should look at their behaviour for me rather than the SM companies having to devise ever ingenious ways of filtering out these idiots &, for me, other people should be calling them out for it rather than saying that's the way it is & if they don't like it then jog on

And for what it's worth whilst I've never done it on SM in my dim & distant past I've acted like an idiot before, during & after a game where Latics have lost. It makes me cringe now thinking about it. Maybe it's part of growing up but it's sad seeing middle aged men venting their spleen on social media, tagging the players & creating hashtags because they missed penalties - if they can't handle losing like I said I suggest it's they who need to remove themselves from the shooting gallery rather than the players
That's the trouble with free speech - people will use it - not to worry mucker the government are in the process of closing it off unless you are a minority - be reet soon and you can sleep easy

That's the trouble with free speech - people will use it - not to worry mucker the government are in the process of closing it off unless you are a minority - be reet soon and you can sleep easy
Its the minority (who are bringing the govt to account ) who are shut down or not reported by the supposedly main media.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210720_163916.jpg
    Screenshot_20210720_163916.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 9
Its the minority (who are bringing the govt to account ) who are shut down or not reported by the supposedly main media.
Can't agree here Zog - it's the shouty offended minorities who are getting all the attention.
It's the normally silent and sensible majority who are being shut down and ignored.
No fan of the French mass protest approach normally (it's a little lefty for me 😉) but if the gvt carry on as they are doing right now it's only a matter of time before it goes off big style IMO.