I hate what the world is becoming | Page 74 | Vital Football

I hate what the world is becoming

These social media posts....
Why don't they release them and show us what they say????
Let's see these comments.
As with the racist language on the rashford picture that turned out not to be racist at all.
If your going to disclose racist comments.... Show us.

And for the record it's recorded as a non-crime anyway.....not a crime specifically from my understanding. That's why it only shows up on an advanced search....it's on a level akin with you told somebody to fuck off in public and a copper warned you about S5 but only gave you a ticking off.

It's a report akin to Turkey will invade us unless we Brexit, which isn't surprising from that scum.

But given the current climate it's a nice way to stoke race/sex/gender and get angry white men upset about what will never happen to them.
Not sure I get this.
If it is a non crime, then why are we wasting police time and tax payers money even recording this if nothing untoward has happened.
And as for angry white men if we didnt get the white priviledge bollocks thrown at us for no good reason, perhaps we wouldnt be so angry.

These social media posts....
Why don't they release them and show us what they say????
Let's see these comments.
As with the racist language on the rashford picture that turned out not to be racist at all.
If your going to disclose racist comments.... Show us.

People were sending him monkey emoji's. So why the hell do these companies have such emoji's available on their sites.

Having read the bollocks about Ason Villa in the media from people who don't know anything about our club, I find it very difficult to take anything I read in the media at face value .
They seem to look for anything racist sexist or any other ist, to suit the flavour of the month, the flavour of the month currently is racist, A few months ago every man was a rapist.
We all, every one of us falls for it hook line and sinker.
We have free speech but not if you are a white straight male over 40 then you get accused of being every ist under the sun. Why because people are ageist, I think we all get wiser with age, but some haven't got there yet and can't see it but they will.
Hence you won't do or say at 50 what you would have at 17

Media is just another bunch of corporations trying to grow revenue and legacy brands are under immense pressure from the likes of FB.

I don't think these issues would be as polarizing if the media wasn't hunting for the next story. It's usually journos who spend the days and weeks looking through people's pasts. Trying to dig up something to create a story or get eyes on their advertising spaces.

Bill Burr called out CNN for continuing to put Trump "in the news". Its the same thing IMO.

Somewhere around 30 seems to be the time things start to click. We used to call things "gay" 10 years ago and we don't do that now. However when it comes to trans stuff its hard to know whats right or wrong at times. This is completely new for a lot of us and simple things that could really hurt someone we tend to just do naturally e.g. the pronouns. Of course, IMO people can take these things a little too far to the point they cause it to be trivialized.

My opinion on the white privilege stuff is its a combination of looking for that "snappy/sticky" term which academics love but is controversial. And laypeople rehashing it to the point it doesn't even mean what it did originally.

The American lens is also a challenge. Labeling all white people the same in spite of vastly different cultures is a mistake. There's a tendency to do that with Asian people too. Giving the Spanish a bit of a break because they're skin is a little browner is very odd given their history. Then there's a complex situation with fair-skinned Latinx people where they can be treated as an oppressor and oppressed at the same time.

I could talk about this all day and nothing would get solved. It's very much treated as right and wrong but actually, there are some grey areas. Like why can you label an entire country racist just because its population is 99% white? How does white privilege work in that society? Why is that we can label a white person walking to a black area being uncomfortable at how noisy and chaotic is it. But when you go to China and are uncomfortable by how many people there are and a language you understand. Why is that not the same?

I just think there is so much that is not fully evolved. Theres a balance to be had on what you can put on people.

Not sure I get this.
If it is a non crime, then why are we wasting police time and tax payers money even recording this if nothing untoward has happened.
And as for angry white men if we didnt get the white priviledge bollocks thrown at us for no good reason, perhaps we wouldnt be so angry.

Government and Home Office crime recording standards. Like the law government sets it, police enforce it whether they agree with it or not. No choice .

Government and Home Office crime recording standards. Like the law government sets it, police enforce it whether they agree with it or not. No choice .
Ah I see. So spend all your time money and resources recording crime, but when I had house in Brum broken into and car stolen dont even bother to send anyone out, just record it.
Great system.

Ah I see. So spend all your time money and resources recording crime, but when I had house in Brum broken into and car stolen dont even bother to send anyone out, just record it.
Great system.
was that your 70k Jag that was nicked?

No seriously if you nicked 70k from a bank they would hunt you down with helicopters and dogs, nick a 70k car and it's just noted as stolen, yet both cases would be covered by insurance.

No seriously if you nicked 70k from a bank they would hunt you down with helicopters and dogs, nick a 70k car and it's just noted as stolen, yet both cases would be covered by insurance.
Yes mate you are correct.
There are now crimes that do get investigated and crimes that dont and crimes that arent crimes that do.
Example, approx four years ago the then head of Devon and Cornwall police Maria Wallace sent a minibus and ten officers to Padstow on Mayday to film the 203 year old celebrations because the Obby Oss, a fertility symbol traditionally has a black face.
There was, understandably an outcry, and the upshot was she was sacked.
Is it any wonder that our police are now seen as a laughing stock by the public.
I know all about the funding etc, but they have been got at by the poiticians who now call the tune as to what will and will not be investigated.

Because the theft was from the people who support the government.
(either party)

Not sure I get this.
The police having to plough more resources into supporting the increasingly expanding scope of 'non-crimes'. Brilliant isn't it? 1984 really was very far ahead of it's time.

The police having to plough more resources into supporting the increasingly expanding scope of 'non-crimes'. Brilliant isn't it? 1984 really was very far ahead of it's time.

Stick and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me.

Not sure that one works today, seems the generation has forgotten it

Our daughter lives in Canada as you know. There isn't as big a problem there with racism because its so vast.

As she is now living with a guy who is Caribbean (originally from Haiti. Went over after the earthquakes in 2011) it does worry me any rubbish she will get

Though she is like me and won't take any nonsense. He is a lovely guy and she is very happy and that's all that matters.

I just thank goodness she met him there and not here in the U.K or the U.S where the biological one is

Our daughter lives in Canada as you know. There isn't as big a problem there with racism because its so vast.

As she is now living with a guy who is Caribbean (originally from Haiti. Went over after the earthquakes in 2011) it does worry me any rubbish she will get

Though she is like me and won't take any nonsense. He is a lovely guy and she is very happy and that's all that matters.

I just thank goodness she met him there and not here in the U.K or the U.S where the biological one is

It comes from all sides Kefkat, a blessing is that you are supportive and that is critical. My missus heritage is actually Haitian too with a little Irish from a great-grandmother who they think met a fella of mixed heritage in England back in the early 1900s I think.

Anyway, people will look, some people will be brazen enough to say something and others will be overly nice and overcompensate. The hardest part of it all will be how they manage to deal with things together and then at some point their children.

I posted about what happened to my GF last week, I was livid, and that will probably happen to my child. And for me it will be very hard to truly relate, its not the same when it happens adjacent to you. For me its always anger, not embarrassment, for my GF it is embarassment and a feeling of being unwanted. So all I could do was fill the house with flowers and hope it made her feel loved.

She'll feel powerless and she will be powerless. All you can do is be active with your friends and social groups and do everything you can to show appreciation to the other person. And read, read, read about racism and experiences.

It comes from all sides Kefkat, a blessing is that you are supportive and that is critical. My missus heritage is actually Haitian too with a little Irish from a great-grandmother who they think met a fella of mixed heritage in England back in the early 1900s I think.

Anyway, people will look, some people will be brazen enough to say something and others will be overly nice and overcompensate. The hardest part of it all will be how they manage to deal with things together and then at some point their children.

I posted about what happened to my GF last week, I was livid, and that will probably happen to my child. And for me it will be very hard to truly relate, its not the same when it happens adjacent to you. For me its always anger, not embarrassment, for my GF it is embarassment and a feeling of being unwanted. So all I could do was fill the house with flowers and hope it made her feel loved.

She'll feel powerless and she will be powerless. All you can do is be active with your friends and social groups and do everything you can to show appreciation to the other person. And read, read, read about racism and experiences.

Thank you for your helpful response. I don't get it. I mean I don't get racism.

Just looking at Steve you can see he is such a kind loving guy. His eyes are just so gentle and loving.

I couldn't careless about colour or anything as long as J is happy and he treats her right.

Max, J dog is besotted by Steve which has everyone knows if the dog loves the partner then he is O.K

Steve is a good kind hard working man. Her 2 previous partners were white and look what happened their.

The 8 year relationship ended with her ex cheating. The last one cos his son was apparently allergic to dogs.

We shouldn't even have to be discussing colour today. It doesn't feel right at all discussing a relationship because of colour however because of certain factions

Thank you for your help CDX

The world is getting madder and madder

The “people’s teacher” is just one of many leading conspiracy theorists who have moved into the flood-hit regions of southwestern Germany. Another, with 140,000 social media followers claimed in a recent post: “Merkel was warned and let more than 150 Germans drown.” Another popular message doing the rounds on social media, with echoes of the QAnon conspiracies, claims that bodies of 400 babies have been washed up in the flood region.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/wor...as-conduit-for-conspiracy-theorists-1.4637220