Transfers - Summer 2021 | Page 56 | Vital Football

Transfers - Summer 2021

I’ve just read Micheal Bailey’s latest Athletic piece about the rest of the transfer window.
Kris Ajer was apparently a £10m price to begin with and Bayer Leverkusen and Norwich both offered that but Celtic kept upping the price. Eventually both pulled out because of these antics and Brentford have agreed a £13.5m initial fee rising to £16m with add-ons.
City still want a CB to improve the squad but have been gazumped a couple of times by bigger clubs offering a player European football. One that went to Wolfsburg was mentioned.
The rise of Omobamidele and Sorensen’s experience at CB for the Danish U21s, whose coach sees him as a CB, is useful cover if they can’t get a top CB.
City would like another full back who could cover both sides and Brandon Williams at Man Utd is available for loan but City would only move for him if Aarons is the subject of a huge offer. Utd would want Williams to play regularly if they are to loan him out (reasonable) and City are wary of using their second Premier league loan space and then missing out on Oli Skipp again.
The later in the window any Aarons offer is received, the more likely City are to say “no” and by then Williams may have already been loaned out somewhere else. Catch-22.

Phillip Billing is a definite midfield target with City wanting to pay around £10m and Bourn hoping for closer to £15m.

Farke would like two more midfielders, having lost four and only signed two, so far. He told Bailey on Friday at KL that the only area he is completely happy with is the goal keeping.

Another striker is also on the list with reports this morning suggesting we have had a bid for USA international, John Sergeant at Werder Bremen, who reportedly want £10m for their man. Hugill would be made available if necessary to free up a space in the squad.

£10m seems to be the price for most of our best sounding signings.

The warnings from two seasons ago should sound loud and clear, as we can’t depend on the strikers we have got to keep us up . Surely a decent bid for Sargent would be worth it ? I worry about going into the Prem with an ageing Pukki and Idah

SW needs to face facts.
* Pukki may get max 8 to 10 goals but will not get many chances and does need
at least 3 to get a goal.
* Idah may score a couple but is not ready to play too many games.
( I hope I am wrong but is not ready to take over from Pukki yet )
* Hugill is not good enough.

That means we need a good striker to challenge Pukki to start and if Pukki
is out for any reason or off form, they can replace him.

SW needs to face facts.
* Pukki may get max 8 to 10 goals but will not get many chances and does need
at least 3 to get a goal.
* Idah may score a couple but is not ready to play too many games.
( I hope I am wrong but is not ready to take over from Pukki yet )
* Hugill is not good enough.

That means we need a good striker to challenge Pukki to start and if Pukki
is out for any reason or off form, they can replace him.

Agreed

Lots of reports over the last couple of days that Atletico Madrid want Max Aarons as replacement for Man Utd bound Kieran Trippier - surely that is the sort of top move that he would jump at, isn’t it? They are La Liga champions and with Barca and Real in big financial trouble, could well be again this season.
When you add Champions League football, big wages and living in Spain, it seems an easy move for the player - I’d jump at that sort of opportunity in his position!

Lots of reports over the last couple of days that Atletico Madrid want Max Aarons as replacement for Man Utd bound Kieran Trippier - surely that is the sort of top move that he would jump at, isn’t it? They are La Liga champions and with Barca and Real in big financial trouble, could well be again this season.
When you add Champions League football, big wages and living in Spain, it seems an easy move for the player - I’d jump at that sort of opportunity in his position!

I agree. It would be a great move for him and I would not begrudge him that.
However a top price would be required and all of it spent on new players, particularly a striker and CB.

But for 25m that is a joke? White gone for 50m apparently

Wtf i
I’ve just read Micheal Bailey’s latest Athletic piece about the rest of the transfer window.
Kris Ajer was apparently a £10m price to begin with and Bayer Leverkusen and Norwich both offered that but Celtic kept upping the price. Eventually both pulled out because of these antics and Brentford have agreed a £13.5m initial fee rising to £16m with add-ons.
City still want a CB to improve the squad but have been gazumped a couple of times by bigger clubs offering a player European football. One that went to Wolfsburg was mentioned.
The rise of Omobamidele and Sorensen’s experience at CB for the Danish U21s, whose coach sees him as a CB, is useful cover if they can’t get a top CB.
City would like another full back who could cover both sides and Brandon Williams at Man Utd is available for loan but City would only move for him if Aarons is the subject of a huge offer. Utd would want Williams to play regularly if they are to loan him out (reasonable) and City are wary of using their second Premier league loan space and then missing out on Oli Skipp again.
The later in the window any Aarons offer is received, the more likely City are to say “no” and by then Williams may have already been loaned out somewhere else. Catch-22.

Phillip Billing is a definite midfield target with City wanting to pay around £10m and Bourn hoping for closer to £15m.

Farke would like two more midfielders, having lost four and only signed two, so far. He told Bailey on Friday at KL that the only area he is completely happy with is the goal keeping.

Another striker is also on the list with reports this morning suggesting we have had a bid for USA international, John Sergeant at Werder Bremen, who reportedly want £10m for their man. Hugill would be made available if necessary to free up a space in the squad.

£10m seems to be the price for most of our best sounding signings.
Who the F is john sergeant when hes at home?!?!