Europa Conference League. | Page 4 | Vital Football

Europa Conference League.

It occurs to me that we need a sensible well versed footballing purist, with the ability to watch, listen read, and learn about everything to do with this and make it entertaining.

I have concluded that person is the one and only @Matic - now all we have to do is badger him into running and controlling the thread!!

What say the rest of you?

Agreed , good choice. Balanced and knowledgeable. I'm not sure he will be as tolerant as Walt though with all the abuse I give him !!

The background work for each game will be important.
The club we are playing against, their history, the league they come from. Their players and manager. Strengths and weaknesses, form etc.
I genuinely believe it will be necessary to leave score predictions up until kick off for this. Because team selection will be a big factor, not only the opposition but ours too. Will we have a mix of players good enough to batter a perceived weak opposition which leads to a big score ? Or will it be tight ?

There are Champions League qualifying matches going on today with teams I have never heard of. We are participating two levels below them in the Conference. Looking at them, we would beat them all. Which kind of challenges the credibility of CL team content.

There are Champions League qualifying matches going on today with teams I have never heard of. We are participating two levels below them in the Conference. Looking at them, we would beat them all. Which kind of challenges the credibility of CL team content.
I think it’s called inclusivity , Nick
The new way of the world .
pretty soon every football team that ever was will be included in the preliminaries which will start five years before the group stages are announced .

I think it’s called inclusivity , Nick
The new way of the world .
pretty soon every football team that ever was will be included in the preliminaries which will start five years before the group stages are announced .

The Champions League should be elite football IMO. To include the best from inferior leagues does not guarantee the quality of participants. Meanwhile teams like Roma and Spurs are in a competition 2 levels below, its crazy.