Euros 20/21 Thread | Page 60 | Vital Football

Euros 20/21 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also reports of bars and Italian restaurants in Soho being attacked. I naively thought we’d moved on from all that shite, and that it was just the actions of a small, backward minority. Sadly looking at the pictures lots of these arseholes are younger than me in their twenties and thirties.

Id have loved to have asked those booing the knee at the play off final what they were actually booing. As you say, they are too stupid to understand what Marxism actually is.
They couldn't even spell the bloody word mate!

That’s rubbish though Notty. The pissed up hooligan thugs who cause the trouble would cause the same trouble if Brexit hadn’t happened and Labour had been in power.

Some, of course, not as many, I suspect. As the phrase goes, not everyone voting for Brexit is a racist but every racist voted for Brexit. And Johnson himself has made racist comments thus enabling these attitudes from the top-down.

..And nothing at all to do with the fact that as a country, under successive governments we have treated criminals with kid gloves and given them a cuddle instead of being more robust with sentences thus providing no deterrent to their moronic behaviour?

Well, you have to have a police force willing to arrest them, first. Rather than, say, stopping law-abiding black people going about their legitimate business all the time. Send your suggestion to the Met, along with mine.

Well, you have to have a police force willing to arrest them, first. Rather than, say, stopping law-abiding black people going about their legitimate business all the time. Send your suggestion to the Met, along with mine.

The point I was making was that those who get arrested don’t get dealt with particularly robustly, ie courts letting victims, police and decent members of society down. As a consequence, no deterrent is there for anyone contemplating crime. You can talk to the Met if you want, I won’t bother.
That is all I want to say on the matter.

The point I was making was that those who get arrested don’t get dealt with particularly robustly, ie courts letting victims, police and decent members of society down. As a consequence, no deterrent is there for anyone contemplating crime. You can talk to the Met if you want, I won’t bother.
That is all I want to say on the matter.

Ah, hang 'em, flog 'em brigade! Good to see a proper red-blooded Tory on here. But we've been hearing that rhetoric since, oohhhh, 1837. Probably time to try something different like, say, a decent society.

Some, of course, not as many, I suspect. As the phrase goes, not everyone voting for Brexit is a racist but every racist voted for Brexit. And Johnson himself has made racist comments thus enabling these attitudes from the top-down.
As did his home secretary and few other senior politicians, dog whistling I believe it's called.
Now a few of the right wing rags who fanned the flames of gesture politics are now saying what a disgrace it is....
Dear me ...

..And nothing at all to do with the fact that as a country, under successive governments we have treated criminals with kid gloves and given them a cuddle instead of being more robust with sentences thus providing no deterrent to their moronic behaviour?

No. It has absolutely nothing to do with that. Despite your claims we have one of the strictest criminal justice systems in the western world and one of the highest per capita prison populations. Morons are morons and when their backward and racist ways are endorsed and encouraged by politicians, they will act accordingly.

That’s rubbish though Notty. The pissed up hooligan thugs who cause the trouble would cause the same trouble if Brexit hadn’t happened and Labour had been in power.
It would still be the same people; the racists, the ones who boo taking the knee, the ones who cheer when a refugee boat sinks and a child drowns, the ones who do not like the European Union, the little Englanders, the ones who will vote Tory and not some other grubby right wing party if the Tory Party panders to them with dog whistle politics.

Ah, hang 'em, flog 'em brigade! Good to see a proper red-blooded Tory on here. But we've been hearing that rhetoric since, oohhhh, 1837. Probably time to try something different like, say, a decent society.

I am a red bloodied Tory ? News to me....
Would never want to hang and flog, (I make an exception for paedophiles maybe) but a strong deterrent.
A decent society would be nice TBH...
And that will be my final say...(You will probably be pleased to hear).

It would still be the same people; the racists, the ones who boo taking the knee, the ones who cheer when a refugee boat sinks and a child drowns, the ones who do not like the European Union, the little Englanders, the ones who will vote Tory and not some other grubby right wing party if the Tory Party panders to them with dog whistle politics.

It's funny, isn't it, how the racists and the thugs become visible and empowered when we have racists and thugs in power.

I am a red bloodied Tory ? News to me....
Would never want to hang and flog, (I make an exception for paedophiles maybe) but a strong deterrent.
A decent society would be nice TBH...

Translation: I would like to hang and flog people I don't like.

And just to add, it is the dog whistle politics that crumbled the "red wall". Boris Johnsons Tory Party has tapped into that inate racism that is quite common in white working class communities that Labour always managed to ignore and not pander to, despite it formerly being part of their core vote.

And just to add, it is the dog whistle politics that crumbled the "red wall". Boris Johnsons Tory Party has tapped into that inate racism that is quite common in white working class communities that Labour always managed to ignore and not pander to, despite it formerly being their core vote.
By extension of your previous post, the ones who used to vote for a grubby left wing party?

Though I doubt those who caused the trouble on Sunday and posted the online abuse actually vote.

By extension of your previous post, the ones who used to vote for a grubby left wing party?

Though I doubt those who caused the trouble on Sunday and posted the online abuse actually vote.

I doubt many do vote. I don't doubt that they're influenced and empowered by the wankers in government.

Status
Not open for further replies.