Euros | Page 90 | Vital Football

Euros

When will people in this country start waking up to the fact that second place is no prize at all.

We were happy with what we achieved which is a loser's mentality.

Makes you wonder where all the more experienced players were hiding when the kids were taking penalties. as well as they've done I think sometimes Southgate tries to be too clever for his own good, some strange subs, at strange times for me tonight.
We do the same thing in these big games over & over score early then hand the initiative back to the opposition by negativity when we ever learn. Still saves Boris & chums having to find a way to take the credit if we had won

I’m sorry but that was a woeful final performance. Woeful tactically from the manager as well. We can sit and talk about what a hero he is getting us to a final but that was shambolic decision making after shambolic decision making.
We talked about this before the game.

He had two options, he used both of them. One (3 at the back) worked better/longer than the other but ultimately the players ran out of steam and a goal didn't come. Too many of the Italians were technically better than the English, and this horrific PL fad of tippy tappy, stoppy starty penalties has cost them.

He literally used both options available; what is this third option he should have used? Whatever it is, you weren't advocating it before the game!

When will people in this country start waking up to the fact that second place is no prize at all.

A bit harsh.

Getting to a final is a big barrier broken.

There are not many draws with Italy in England's head to head record.

No goals conceded from open play in the while tournament.

Ultimately they were the second best team of the tournament and i have never been able to say that in my lifetime.

Italy have won it but they did not beat England. No one beat England

Same old shit in the end. Much better than some previous efforts but still won fook all.

Some dreadful penalties from us, especially after Pickford kept us in it.

Anyway, given the choice, I'd have take a Forest opening day win over an England win tonight. Club over country every time.

He had two options, he used both of them. One (3 at the back) worked better/longer than the other but ultimately the players ran out of steam and a goal didn't come. Too many of the Italians were technically better than the English, and this horrific PL fad of tippy tappy, stoppy starty penalties has cost them.

He literally used both options available; what is this third option he should have used? Whatever it is, you weren't advocating it before the game!

How about making some changes when you’re flapping? We were getting dominated for the whole of the 2nd half and yet he doesn’t change anything all half.

He brings Saka on who was utterly atrocious throughout and then to top it off, is the one missing the penalty at the end.

He may have changed the formation but everybody watching knew we were desperate to get some energy on way before he did to give ourselves a chance of attacking again as Italy tired but he didn’t.

Wouldn’t matter if you knew England had German-esque mentality at penalty shoot outs, but we all knew deep down that not going for a winner in normal time was going to be our undoing.

Reality is, he played not to lose the game rather than go to win it.

When you bring on two subs in the last minute just for the penalty shootout, you need them to score their penalties.

Instead they did exactly as Pope predicted, with the cheaty stuttering run followed by failure to score. Pathetic.

Surely they needed more time to get a feel for striking the ball.

Also Saka was shit and should'be been subbed for Sancho.

As soon as I saw him taking the last you knew it was game over.

How about making some changes when you’re flapping? We were getting dominated for the whole of the 2nd half and yet he doesn’t change anything all half.

He brings Saka on who was utterly atrocious throughout and then to top it off, is the one missing the penalty at the end.

He may have changed the formation but everybody watching knew we were desperate to get some energy on way before he did to give ourselves a chance of attacking again as Italy tired but he didn’t.
I agree, he changed things a good ten minutes too late.

But, if England had just defended that corner, it was conceivable that they could have closed the game out

Bottled it for me, sat on the one goal lead and didn't go at them to go a couple up. Ref also bottled the red card on Grielish, they dived all night so I hope the other nations pick up on that.

The pens were poor Rashford the keepers gone he's pulled it, wheres the senior players it's euro 96 again the wrong players going first.

But, if England had just defended that corner, it was conceivable that they could have closed the game out

You could see it coming though. I even said to my mate just before they took the corner - if they don't score from this, they're scoring any minute now. It was so obvious.

We were under the cosh from the 1st kick of the 2nd half to pretty much all of extra time. You can’t expect to win games like that. Cus if you do concede, which we did, the team has no idea how to react, which they didn’t.

Sometimes, you just have to be more positive, which is what really impressed me against Denmark. Yes Italy have their threats, but my god we have ours and we didn’t show an ounce of it tonight.

I just can’t sit and give the big thumbs up for the effort when everybody in the country could see that Saka needed to come off and we needed quick forward players to come on.

I’m sorry but that was a woeful final performance. Woeful tactically from the manager as well. We can sit and talk about what a hero he is getting us to a final but that was shambolic decision making after shambolic decision making.

Have to agree, left the subs way too late to have a chance to win the game in normal or ET. Having said that, the boys did well. Lets hope southgate learns from this as well.

Why did we save two subs for penalties? Like denmark they had a better keeper than us. We should have tried to win the game in normal time. Both the subs missed anyway.

Bottled it for me, sat on the one goal lead and didn't go at them to go a couple up. Ref also bottled the red card on Grielish, they dived all night so I hope the other nations pick up on that.

The pens were poor Rashford the keepers gone he's pulled it, wheres the senior players it's euro 96 again the wrong players going first.

Thought rashford was unfortunate, 2 inches right and it goes in.

Sharrup zed, half the players took the medals straight off. We all know we flopped it today but we are getting closer.