Alternative Sports Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

Alternative Sports Thread

I am fond of watching NHL highlights on Facebook. My northern mate is a massive Bruins fans so is always posting stuff. To piss him off I sort of picked Minnesota Wild as my team but if I am truly honest, Bruins would probably be my choice.

I just really don't understand things in it. What is Icing for example?! Wtf is with the sheer amount of guys on each team?
No one has the balls to tell them they are not wanted anymore !!!

Embarrassing. Good job it’s a flat wicket or we could have been in trouble !
This obsession with 'resting' and rotating players could set English test cricket back years. To have players like Buttler, Woakes and Curran omitted when Stokes and Archer are already injured just doesn't make any sense. I've never been a fan of different squads for different forms of cricket, and seriously question whether over a full test series Burns and Sibley would produce a better return than Bairstow and Roy.

That Test defeat, how embarrassing was that?

S&J you are so right there.

The only thing that was a positive from watching that crap, was that I missed the demise of CE and all its glory being milked by the BBC.

All the best and get well soon mate.

I went down the pub to watch engerland and bumped into Fuck so I asked him how many steps to Walts house from here and he said 'I don't fcuking know'

Last edited:
I loved squash and played it from around 15 to late 20's when not playing football. I fished as a child in Scotland. We had a burn (small river) run through the field at the bottom of our garden. I reckon I caught every trout and eel from there. Using artificial flies and worms. Dad would take me fly fishing up the north of Scotland when I was 12 ish.

Loved playing golf. In fact the last time Mrs Hod and had a round, she was bitten by a bee, that flew right up her skirt. We retired to the Clubhouse. The manager said, "why did you finish so soon?"
Wife said "I was bitten by a bee"
"Where?" he said.
Between the 1st and 2nd hole" said Mrs Hod.
"Ah, that's why you're walking bow legged" said the Club Manager :wahey:

This obsession with 'resting' and rotating players could set English test cricket back years. To have players like Buttler, Woakes and Curran omitted when Stokes and Archer are already injured just doesn't make any sense. I've never been a fan of different squads for different forms of cricket, and seriously question whether over a full test series Burns and Sibley would produce a better return than Bairstow and Roy.

Yep, it's a great question. Roy failed spectacularly with his lack of soft hands at test cricket, but has he now worked on that? We need a world class number 3 batsman to help anchor our innings. Have done for a decade.

I loved squash and played it from around 15 to late 20's when not playing football. I fished as a child in Scotland. We had a burn (small river) run through the field at the bottom of our garden. I reckon I caught every trout and eel from there. Using artificial flies and worms. Dad would take me fly fishing up the north of Scotland when I was 12 ish.

Loved playing golf. In fact the last time Mrs Hod and had a round, she was bitten by a bee, that flew right up her skirt. We retired to the Clubhouse. The manager said, "why did you finish so soon?"
Wife said "I was bitten by a bee"
"Where?" he said.
Between the 1st and 2nd hole" said Mrs Hod.
"Ah, that's why you're walking bow legged" said the Club Manager :wahey:
Hoddle the oldens are always the best, jokes that is, lol!

Can't believe it is 9pm in the UK and the last group is just teeing off in the US Open. Would have loved to have watched all of Day 4 at Torrey Pines.