Will the real Hojbjerg please stand up.. | Page 3 | Vital Football

Will the real Hojbjerg please stand up..

Just because he was signed by the previous manager doesn't mean he's loyal to Jose above all else. He shows that he is a proper professional. As Read Deal says, there's a long list of players to worry about before we get on to Hojbjerg

That particular position is key to our future and Hojberg ain't it.

There are a dozen players I would sell before Hojbjerg.

There are a few but he would be in my top 5 . He did okay in a few games and then was by passed so easily when up against mobile players. He was at his level last season that's mid table. I can understand why people like him but I just still can't bring myself to like him

There are a few but he would be in my top 5 . He did okay in a few games and then was by passed so easily when up against mobile players. He was at his level last season that's mid table. I can understand why people like him but I just still can't bring myself to like him
pjones, its simple when you dislike/do not rate someone/player, what ever the reason even if its staring you in the face you will never change your opinion.

The Iceman was way over played, no rest, and in the end it stood out like a sore thumb.

pjones, its simple when you dislike/do not rate someone/player, what ever the reason even if its staring you in the face you will never change your opinion.

The Iceman was way over played, no rest, and in the end it stood out like a sore thumb.

He is just average not the sort of player we need to advance us.

He is just average not the sort of player we need to advance us.

Let me work another angle at it.

To win trophies you need a deep squad of midfielders. Klopp won the CL and PL with Hendo, Milner, Keita, Wijnaldum, Fabinho, Lallana etc. He afforded his full-backs to push on and he also played with 3 forwards. The 3 midfielders starting any match had to run marathons in his system and were often rotated or subbed.

When I look at Spurs, I would have no problem if Hojbjerg was sitting on the bench in some, and playing in others. I don't rate him as highly as some, but do think that selling a player as useful as him this summer wouldn't help our progress. Maybe next summer.

This summer we need to offload Sissoko and I'd be happy with Neves, Aouar, Bissouma etc to come in and fortify the middle of the park. Our season will become about getting a tune out of Ndombele, Gio and Dele, hopefully at the same time.

Let me work another angle at it.

To win trophies you need a deep squad of midfielders. Klopp won the CL and PL with Hendo, Milner, Keita, Wijnaldum, Fabinho, Lallana etc. He afforded his full-backs to push on and he also played with 3 forwards. The 3 midfielders starting any match had to run marathons in his system and were often rotated or subbed.

When I look at Spurs, I would have no problem if Hojbjerg was sitting on the bench in some, and playing in others. I don't rate him as highly as some, but do think that selling a player as useful as him this summer wouldn't help our progress. Maybe next summer.

This summer we need to offload Sissoko and I'd be happy with Neves, Aouar, Bissouma etc to come in and fortify the middle of the park. Our season will become about getting a tune out of Ndombele, Gio and Dele, hopefully at the same time.

My problem is these players were not good enough to get us where we wanted. We then brought in a cdm in Hojbjerg to help us progress and we finished lower than we have for years. Yes we had the useless one incharge but we still had the same squad and in some matches with Hojbjerg supposedly shoring us up but instead the opposite happened. I am not saying it's all hojbergs fault but he had a big hand in it. Hence my reason for not caring if he goes and we keep Skipp instead

My problem is these players were not good enough to get us where we wanted. We then brought in a cdm in Hojbjerg to help us progress and we finished lower than we have for years. Yes we had the useless one incharge but we still had the same squad and in some matches with Hojbjerg supposedly shoring us up but instead the opposite happened. I am not saying it's all hojbergs fault but he had a big hand in it. Hence my reason for not caring if he goes and we keep Skipp instead
We need Skipp in addition to not instead of PEH. At least until we get a better replacement.

In NRD's ratings for the season overall, PEH came 5th highest in the table of posters on here and 3rd highest in the web/media ratings.

In NRD's ratings for the season overall, PEH came 5th highest in the table of posters on here and 3rd highest in the web/media ratings.

Opinions you have yours I have mine. I just know if I was still playing I would love to play against him. He is slow and a pen or free kick waiting to happen

Opinions you have yours I have mine. I just know if I was still playing I would love to play against him. He is slow and a pen or free kick waiting to happen
It's not my opinion. It's the opinion of the posters on this website and the ratings from the media and news outlets that NRD has collected all season. Collectively he was considered the 5th and 3rd best player respectively across the whole d
season. And he played every minute of every league game, so it's that much harder to maintain a higher average.

It's not my opinion. It's the opinion of the posters on this website and the ratings from the media and news outlets that NRD has collected all season. Collectively he was considered the 5th and 3rd best player respectively across the whole d
season. And he played every minute of every league game, so it's that much harder to maintain a higher average.

I thought he was decent in about 5 games the rest he was just basic. Boring sideways passing and giving away free kicks. We had the worst season we had in years and he played every minute which is going to getting better ratings. I was just going on what a saw. I see cdm's like kante,ndidi,Fabiniho and rodri they make him like he is average

I thought he was decent in about 5 games the rest he was just basic. Boring sideways passing and giving away free kicks. We had the worst season we had in years and he played every minute which is going to getting better ratings. I was just going on what a saw. I see cdm's like kante,ndidi,Fabiniho and rodri they make him like he is average

Yeah, they didn't cost £15m. It's a shame there is no real measurement for breaking up play. Hojbjerg's football smarts saved us a lot even if he was having a clumsy game. The other thing I noticed was how many touches he would have in a game compared to others. It probably explains the sideways and backwards perception, but if we start running off the ball then he'll just be one passing option as opposed to the only passing option.

I think he'll be burnt out anyway. Last season plus the Euro's will take its toll in this coming season. I expect a dip in energy levels and form.

Yeah, they didn't cost £15m. It's a shame there is no real measurement for breaking up play. Hojbjerg's football smarts saved us a lot even if he was having a clumsy game. The other thing I noticed was how many touches he would have in a game compared to others. It probably explains the sideways and backwards perception, but if we start running off the ball then he'll just be one passing option as opposed to the only passing option.

I think he'll be burnt out anyway. Last season plus the Euro's will take its toll in this coming season. I expect a dip in energy levels and form.

I am not saying he cost the same. I am saying people are putting him as one of the best cdm's in the league when really he looked good because Jose had a system that played to his strengths and he did his job. In some games okay and others in which he gave away penalties,free kicks and so many fouls he did not do his job. Those players I mentioned always looked good even though there teams play attacking football. Know matter the cost I am saying he is a average player not a top one and is at his limit.

I am not saying he cost the same. I am saying people are putting him as one of the best cdm's in the league when really he looked good because Jose had a system that played to his strengths and he did his job. In some games okay and others in which he gave away penalties,free kicks and so many fouls he did not do his job. Those players I mentioned always looked good even though there teams play attacking football. Know matter the cost I am saying he is a average player not a top one and is at his limit.
For me he is a poor mans Gattuso.
I rated Gattuso at Milan for what he allowed the players around him to do.
Trouble is the prem is about 3 times as fast as Serie A. I don't doubt Hobys ability to break up play, I just worry about his quickness to make the correct pass for the N'doms Delis and Gios to create something meaningful.

I said early on his mobility is poor, he's easily passed - and so the stats sow this to be true too.

In a team you can only counter that by your set-up, and you change the players role or play a more mobile player alongside him who can attend to his weaknesses.

I wish we had better, but we don't, but I do like his mentality of taking one or giving one for the team when we're under the cosh.