The Population Problem | Page 8 | Vital Football

The Population Problem

I have friends around the world who envy our climate.

but they don't want to live here.

Yep, I have friends in Lapland who have 6 months of snow and 6 months of mosquito bites.
For all the moaning we do about the weather we are still here, I've tried the north of Finland and the south of Florida and they can can keep it.

but they don't want to live here.

Yep, I have friends in Lapland who have 6 months of snow and 6 months of mosquito bites.
For all the moaning we do about the weather we are still here, I've tried the north of Finland and the south of Florida and they can can keep it.

I know a few who would love to live here.

However much we moan, I reckon most of us prefer variety.

I like the sun, but would it get dull, all year round?

There was a Celeb on one of these talk shows, someone like Tom Jones (it wasn’t him, but I can’t remember exactly who it was).

Anyway, said person had moved to California where it’s hot most days of the years, the only difference is how hot. He said what he missed about being over there, was waking up in the morning and looking outside to see what the weather was.

The weather is a charm about Britain, it’s not as rainy as the reputation suggests depending on where you live.

I can understand the complaints from you poor people living in the gloomy Midlands. It's lovely down here on the south coast.

:throw::throw::throw::throw::throw:
Joking aside Heathfield, I live on the south Cornish coast, but only a fifteen minute drive from Bodmin Moor.
The difference in temperature and weather, even on a summers day can be huge.
There is an enourmous difference between the average rainfall between us and the moor, and what can be a very nice day, summer or winter, is bloody freezing just a few miles in land.
These Londoners that are fleeing the city are in for a huge shock come winter, and I think there will be a glut of houses coming back on the market next spring.
That said I would move tomorrow to a moorland property, but the powers that be wish to stay by the sea.

Joking aside Heathfield, I live on the south Cornish coast, but only a fifteen minute drive from Bodmin Moor.
The difference in temperature and weather, even on a summers day can be huge.
There is an enourmous difference between the average rainfall between us and the moor, and what can be a very nice day, summer or winter, is bloody freezing just a few miles in land.
These Londoners that are fleeing the city are in for a huge shock come winter, and I think there will be a glut of houses coming back on the market next spring.
That said I would move tomorrow to a moorland property, but the powers that be wish to stay by the sea.

We used to visit Okehampton every year, in August. It rained every day!!!

Until my mum moved down here, to Sussex, I did notice a massive difference in the weather. It would usually be significantly colder up in Staffs.

Every equatorial region has seen millions displaced by the growth of deserts. Outside of this, wilder, more unpredictable weather has made many other regions difficult to grow food in.

I can find the UN report I read on it, later, if you'd like. I think their figure was 50 million people, from memory.
Yes agree Heathfield.
The Sahara is about 10% larger than it was a century ago, and experts agree that it is in part due to climate change.
We also have deforestation across Southern and Central South America, but again this is in a large part driven by poor government and organised crime gangs.
I really feel sorry for the kids growing up on this planet now.

If this country is so hateful towards immigrants kk, how come there are millions who are desperate to get here by any means possible, even ignoring the entire European mainland in order to get here?

As Dan said plus the E.U countries like France and Germany have all taken more than us. We don't even pay as much in benefits either as them.

Alot of them already have friends and family here.

I think it's quite a common perception across the EU that "all of the migrants come here". Many Germans certainly perceive that to be true as well as many English people.

I guess there are a lot of factors which determine where migrants go. Some if it is language. If you are from a French speaking country in Africa, there is no point in going to Germany. Another factor is where your friends and relatives are. Another big one is where the jobs are but I'm sure there are lots of others.

The real problem with migrants is not that they are coming to Europe. The fact that people want to come to Europe to do low skill, low wage, dirty and often dangerous jobs is a blessing. The problem is that they are so badly managed when they arrive and all the way across their journey.

It's an absolute stain on humanity that desperate people have to pay their life savings to gangsters to "smuggle" them into Europe. They risk their lives in unseaworthy vessels for the chance to do the shit jobs that Europeans don't want.

If the system was properly run, migrants would be able to get working visas to come to Europe, given a crash course on the local language/culture/laws, given temporary accommodation and then sorted out with a job. They could stay for a season, a year, or however long they wanted provided they stayed in employment and kept their nose clean. They could go home as they wanted and come back later if they wanted.

All of this "build a wall" shit is total madness, akin to the war on drugs.

I think it's quite a common perception across the EU that "all of the migrants come here". Many Germans certainly perceive that to be true as well as many English people.

I guess there are a lot of factors which determine where migrants go. Some if it is language. If you are from a French speaking country in Africa, there is no point in going to Germany. Another factor is where your friends and relatives are. Another big one is where the jobs are but I'm sure there are lots of others.

The real problem with migrants is not that they are coming to Europe. The fact that people want to come to Europe to do low skill, low wage, dirty and often dangerous jobs is a blessing. The problem is that they are so badly managed when they arrive and all the way across their journey.

It's an absolute stain on humanity that desperate people have to pay their life savings to gangsters to "smuggle" them into Europe. They risk their lives in unseaworthy vessels for the chance to do the shit jobs that Europeans don't want.

If the system was properly run, migrants would be able to get working visas to come to Europe, given a crash course on the local language/culture/laws, given temporary accommodation and then sorted out with a job. They could stay for a season, a year, or however long they wanted provided they stayed in employment and kept their nose clean. They could go home as they wanted and come back later if they wanted.

All of this "build a wall" shit is total madness, akin to the war on drugs.
The thing with this arguement and all those that make it is that it never sets limits.
When is enough enough.
How many do you take?
France is a country five times our land mass with approximatley the same population. You cannot just keep allowing people to come into the country without limits, it causes friction, you see this in countries all around the world.
It overloads already streched local services, health, education, housing etc.
As for crash courses in language I worked extensively in the Asian community for many years and it is almost the norm that women in the families speak no English whatsover.
In some of the households I wasnt even allowed to directly address them even if they did speak English.
In some communities there is no attempt to integrate or assimilate.
A couple of years back the Popes emissary, when visiting London said he thought he had got on the wrong plane and had landed in a third world country, so much for the arguement about not taking in enough people.
The rich countries of the world need to get serious about sustainable development in the countries that these people are coming from, because the present approach whereby every body wants to come to the west is madness, unsustainable and will just result in friction in the countries these people want to go to in massive numbers.

The thing with this arguement and all those that make it is that it never sets limits.
When is enough enough.
How many do you take?
France is a country five times our land mass with approximatley the same population. You cannot just keep allowing people to come into the country without limits, it causes friction, you see this in countries all around the world.
It overloads already streched local services, health, education, housing etc.
As for crash courses in language I worked extensively in the Asian community for many years and it is almost the norm that women in the families speak no English whatsover.
In some of the households I wasnt even allowed to directly address them even if they did speak English.
In some communities there is no attempt to integrate or assimilate.
A couple of years back the Popes emissary, when visiting London said he thought he had got on the wrong plane and had landed in a third world country, so much for the arguement about not taking in enough people.
The rich countries of the world need to get serious about sustainable development in the countries that these people are coming from, because the present approach whereby every body wants to come to the west is madness, unsustainable and will just result in friction in the countries these people want to go to in massive numbers.

Why do you need to limit it? They are coming anyway. Putting up barriers doesn't deter anyone. It just creates a lucrative criminal industry and prevents migrants from ever leaving.

Mexicans used to migrate to the US to work on farms during harvest season and go home when the harvest was in in the same way that labourers from Northern Ireland used to migrate to Scotland for harvest season. Since the US put increasingly militarised barriers on the border, those migrant workers never return to Mexico because the journey is so expensive and dangerous. As I said, those barriers only keep migrants in once they get to their chosen country.

Why do you need to limit it? They are coming anyway. Putting up barriers doesn't deter anyone. It just creates a lucrative criminal industry and prevents migrants from ever leaving.

Mexicans used to migrate to the US to work on farms during harvest season and go home when the harvest was in in the same way that labourers from Northern Ireland used to migrate to Scotland for harvest season. Since the US put increasingly militarised barriers on the border, those migrant workers never return to Mexico because the journey is so expensive and dangerous. As I said, those barriers only keep migrants in once they get to their chosen country.
Why do you need to limit it?
Obvious answer.
We accepted over 5million Eastern Europeans, that put massive strain on rents in the rental sector, that had a knock on effect for the indiginous population trying to get a roof over their heads.
You have to have limits. What do you do if 10million turn up together with the increased birth rates that accompanies them.
They may well be coming anyway, but not in the numbers that want to come here.
As for criminals, go after them big time, not pussy foot around like we currently do.