VAR. | Page 2 | Vital Football

VAR.

Ref did quite well in Netherlands/Czech match. Good Red call on De Ligt in my opinion. (what a dumbass!)
What I didn’t understand , US , us why he booked him . He must have seen what he did , for the yellow card to come out so quick , yet he is then asked to view his decision again , and then send him off .
So he got booked and sent off for the same offence . I know the red overrules the yellow , but it’s still a bit of a strange decision to book him .

The on pitch refereeing at the Euro's has been worse than VAR. I haven't seen a single ref that isn't courting serious attention. I'm not sure when this generation of ego's appeared in football. It's not welcome.

What I didn’t understand , US , us why he booked him . He must have seen what he did , for the yellow card to come out so quick , yet he is then asked to view his decision again , and then send him off .
So he got booked and sent off for the same offence . I know the red overrules the yellow , but it’s still a bit of a strange decision to book him .

It's almost as if the ref's are simply booking the most conservative route...and then upgrading to the more severe penalty as needed if justified by VAR.

So yeah the ref's have been neutered. Sad the game has become this way.