The Euros Summer 2021 Official Thread (2020) | Page 111 | Vital Football

The Euros Summer 2021 Official Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same with Foden, I said the other day Foden wouldn't be able to carry Villa as Jack does.
Yes completely agree. He clearly has great technique but in 2 games he has done nothing to influence the game at all. In a few years time he could be world class but at the moment he’s a 19-20 year old who’s still learning the game at this level and relies on his world class team mates to run the game for him at club level - he doesn’t have that luxury for England

Southgate's boss, the Football Association loves him and not for the first time, won't take a risk in appointing a good manager who will inspire the players to play well for England and the manager's trust in them.

Southgate has been a failure in everything he has done in his career within football management and yet he somehow gets to manage the England national team. His negativity stinks the place out and that is seen in the overly cautious way England plays.

They say a team reflects a manager on the pitch and that's certainly true in this case.

Can you seriously see that with any other top football team in Europe or organisation in charge?

It won't change until major reorganisation is put in place but you know that will never happen as they fight tooth and nail to protect themselves at the Football Association Ivory Towers.

Problem with England and English football at the moment, PR seems more important than football management ability.

Southgate does to his credit do a wonderful job talking about issues such as BLM. Very articulate, very passionate, very progressive.

Problem is, you want a manager who gives a one liner on all that off the field stuff but can do what he’s paid to do. I’d rather us pay a winner and someone credible in the game, than a PR princess.

Perhaps this is just me, I’d take a manager who says they aren’t there to talk about off the field issues and just concentrates on the football.

Yes completely agree. He clearly has great technique but in 2 games he has done nothing to influence the game at all. In a few years time he could be world class but at the moment he’s a 19-20 year old who’s still learning the game at this level and relies on his world class team mates to run the game for him at club level - he doesn’t have that luxury for England
Bit part player at City, I said the other day Jack has played more minute and he's missed 13 games. City players can't do 90 mins

That "foul" on Sterling , VAR would have given him that in the PL but VAR here is hardly doing anything, brilliant.
Our VAR want to be smart arses
Lee Dixon hit the nail on the head, when he said the fact that VAR is working in this tournament means we should be pointing the finger at the poor standard of refs in the Premier League.

That team that’s ended up on the pitch in that formation when the game has finished in a 0-0 against Scotland at home effectively, is a fucking disgrace.

Sorry that this is about my third post on subs and tactics, just honestly it’s just a typical Southgate shambles proving he just doesn’t have any sort of style and makes subs like a teenager on Football Manager.

I’m withholding my tv licence . This Peter Crouch program on BBC1 is the worst thing I have ever seen on tv.
I just tried to watch it. Powerfully bad stuff. I like Crouch, he's genuine, humble and quite funny, but that show.... I got to the poo jokes and enough was enough.

The momentum/tempo of the game was already gone really, didn't do anything wrong, didn't have a massive impact, but the set up was all wrong, not his fault.

Gary Neville saying, they looked lack lustre, and leggy. Fucking ridiculous, he;'s right though.

Thanks Fear.

The game was dross. Southgate lacks an identity...

foden, kane, sterling - not really much between any of them tbh.
Foden tried a bit but was mostly anonymous.

problems are all from midfield and the back though - sideways,sideways, back and sideways. No pace,power or ability on the ball.
Mount is the only half decent one there.
Rice/philips - meh - one for 'cover' at most.
(and the shaved chimp Hendo is no better)
shaw & james - both shite

should be much better than we are under wor Gareth

Southgate's boss, the Football Association loves him and not for the first time, won't take a risk in appointing a good manager who will inspire the players to play well for England and the manager's trust in them.

Southgate has been a failure in everything he has done in his career within football management and yet he somehow gets to manage the England national team. His negativity stinks the place out and that is seen in the overly cautious way England plays.

They say a team reflects a manager on the pitch and that's certainly true in this case.

Can you seriously see that with any other top football team in Europe or organisation in charge?

It won't change until major reorganisation is put in place but you know that will never happen as they fight tooth and nail to protect themselves at the Football Association Ivory Towers.
Quite simply .... Boring Boring Southgate

Lee Dixon hit the nail on the head, when he said the fact that VAR is working in this tournament means we should be pointing the finger at the poor standard of refs in the Premier League.

The use of VAR in this tournament has been a real eye opener. It's use has been limited and for the most part positive. It's use in Premiership has been a fucking disaster. Hopefully lessons will be learnt.

As a Scot, I think you need to cut your team a little slack. They effectively qualified for the knock out stages after two games. I get performances have been mediocre but often teams build into a tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.