• Bryan Gil

• Richarlison

• Yves Bissouma

• Djed Spence

• Ivan Perisic

• Fraser Forster

• Kulu

Results are only viewable after voting.
Son's deal is as good as done, and has been for months, you know this.

NDomb is not in any position to dictate anything. Now if Fabio decides his value is higher as a sale than a contributor? Then by all means let's get something better, or at least more consistently effective. Im not sure he can cut it in the Prem anyway. If we swapped him for Locatelli?? I'd do that faster than light speed.

I wouldn't do that yet, there is a huge battle to be had before we can say with confidence that anyone is willing to step up with the required fee. it is very likely no one in England is. at this moment, I think there's a 95% chance he's with Spurs next season.

You and I will have to agree to differ yet again.

I know Son's UK rmedia/sponsorship reps and just last week they were telling me that as of 'now' there is no agreement and he has yet to decide what he will do, in essence, he's waiting to see who of the interested clubs are prepared to make their interest concrete...that is why they have been dragging their feet since last October.

Of course, much can change in a week/a day, and perhaps the new deal will have persuaded him, it's said to be around £140k a week, which is a huge increase.

Last edited:

I know Son's UK rmedia/sponsorship reps and just last week they were telling me that as of 'now' there is no agreement and he has yet to decide what he will do, in essence, he's waiting to see who of the interested clubs are prepared to make their interest concrete...that is why they have been dragging their feet since last October.

Of course, much can change in a week/a day, and perhaps the new deal will have persuaded him, it's said to be around £140k a week, which is a huge increase.

I had heard they'd gone 150+++.

How much is Son really worth though? These are his PL stats:

Season Apps Goals Assists
15/16___28_____4______1
16/17___34____14______8
17/18___37____12______6
18/19___31____12______7
19/20___30____11_____11
20/21___37____17_____10

So he's hardly a prolific scorer. And he's a very streaky player: he scores in gluts but then has barren spells.

When he's on fire he's phenomenal, no doubt, one of the best. But when he's not he doesn't have too many other qualities to offset his lack of goals. At least to my eye (untrained).

Having said that we can't afford to lose both him and Kane in the same window. And a Son/Reggie combo on the left is a mouthwatering prospect under the right
manager.

Son needs to find a level of consistency across the whole season though.

Last edited:
I don't think there's a shred of credible information out there about what Fonseca will be earning let alone how it compares to his salary at Roma. He hasn't even been appointed yet!

And if Fonseca is to deliver on Levy's vision for the club he has every right and expectation to be paid a salary commensurate to achieving those targets.

I'd also be very surprised and disappointed if Levy is hedging his bets. He's hired Paratici to stop this churn of managerial appointments and sackings. I'd say he's feeling quite positive and optimistic right now.

There was obviously something there because now he is going to be our manager. Whether it was financial or football we will not know

I would say on that ex money will not be the issue. Son knows he can go anywhere nearly so the money will be there. He has no family ties to anywhere. He will want to go to a club that challenges. He will have been talking to Harry and if he leaves that will impact our chances of winning anything . If Harry leaves he will want assurances that we will invest bact in the team. He will wait to see who we appoint as manager . All of these will factor in Sons decision . Now I don't know for certain I am just going of experience.

We seem to have some sort of obsession to go out in search of 'fringe' managers from Europe, none of them with PL experience, all of them with mediocre track records. Obviously the top guys won't want to join us, why should they, but surely we are an attractive option for managers who have shown potential in English football. I doubt whether Paratici has ever heard of the likes of Farke, Frank, Potter, Parker or Howe, and I'm not sure that that's a good thing.

We seem to have some sort of obsession to go out in search of 'fringe' managers from Europe, none of them with PL experience, all of them with mediocre track records. Obviously the top guys won't want to join us, why should they, but surely we are an attractive option for managers who have shown potential in English football. I doubt whether Paratici has ever heard of the likes of Farke, Frank, Potter, Parker or Howe, and I'm not sure that that's a good thing.

I would think Paratici wants to start with someone he knows will be cooperative.
I don't really blame him. Then we search for the next one.