New Season | Vital Football

New Season

Why do SDU always appear to get shafted on Boxing Day in respect of the fixture?

Someone will have a better memory than me but I always seem recall that we always get an arsehole of a fixture.

The season previous we conceded 4 anarl, to Wolves. One of the newspaper headlines for the report read 'Bull runs amok in Newcastle'

Speaking of the new season, SDU were previously linked with Dumfries (Netherlands). You can scratch that off now.

There was a few players out there tonight who have turned out previously in Newcastle colours. I reckon 5 in the Dutch side at one time or another during the game?

I went to that! We also got relegated that season. Each team had to nominate their best goal of the season for a Match of the Day end of season thing, and that Rob Mcdonald goal was nufc's pick. THAT was our best goal of that season. I kid you not.

I went to that! We also got relegated that season. Each team had to nominate their best goal of the season for a Match of the Day end of season thing, and that Rob Mcdonald goal was nufc's pick. THAT was our best goal of that season. I kid you not.

Absolute disgrace, Manx. Frank Pingel managed a goal off the back of his head against Liverpool.

You just can't buy that kind of quality these days.

Absolute disgrace, Manx. Frank Pingel managed a goal off the back of his head against Liverpool.

Was that the game when Mirandinha rattled the bar at the Gallowgate end from 30 yards? Memory and the dusty grey cells. It just takes a jolt and memories come flooding back

Haha yeah he did Frank! Frank pingel. Shudder.

The other thing I remember from that match is it was one of the most pissed away ends I have ever seen, which given our lot, is saying something.

Was that the game when Mirandinha rattled the bar at the Gallowgate end from 30 yards? Memory and the dusty grey cells. It just takes a jolt and memories come flooding back

Yes it was. Took the lead twice and they equalised quickly twice. To be expected I suppose, nothing changes.

do you lads actually remember these games or do you rely on DVD's / videos to jog your memory along the way

I was always too pissed to remember the details - infact if you asked me the score during half time I couldn't have told you