Coronavirus | Page 687 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

Goodness. Worth £8m and they put a member of staff on furlough

what is that c word I don’t allow on here!?

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-...vanna-fletcher-furlough-apology-b1866793.html

Behind a paywall but I'm assuming that will help people's blood pressure.

I wouldn't let them just repay it, I'd demand bloody interest for their cheek - although they'll no doubt claim their manager or accountant or somebody else did it and they didn't know, but acted as soon as it was brought to their attention.

Behind a paywall but I'm assuming that will help people's blood pressure.

I wouldn't let them just repay it, I'd demand bloody interest for their cheek - although they'll no doubt claim their manager or accountant or somebody else did it and they didn't know, but acted as soon as it was brought to their attention.

Strange, no paywall for me.

Tom and Giovanna Fletcher have apologised for using the government furlough scheme despite their estimated joint worth being £8m.

Giovanna, who won I’m a Celebrity last year, and McFly star Tom issued the apology after reports emerged that they had received up to £30,000 from the scheme.

The couple denied that figure was correct, but called their use of the money a “huge error of judgement”.

and their instagram announcement

“Hi everyone, we’ve always had a very honest and open relationship with you all on here so we thought it was important to address questions that some of you have rightly asked us in the last 24 hours.

“This weekend there was an article in one of the Sunday papers about us using the government furlough scheme. While parts of the article were inaccurate (including all of the figures mentioned), it is true that we did follow financial advice to furlough someone we employ.”

“Although it was a time of great uncertainty, we clearly should have thought more about the situation and funded it ourselves. It was a huge error of judgement and a mistake we wholeheartedly take responsibility for and we have paid the full amount back.”

Greedy little shits.

Maybe I had to click something to open it up??? I only got 2/3 paras and then had a signup/subscribe window.

Fair play to them in that case for not hiding behind not knowing about it, but in some ways that makes it worse as that's just ignorant greed - there's no other phrase for it.

believe it or not, we have people over here bustin a gut to get a second vaccine, wait for it, to go on holiday, the wife as been waiting for her second astra jab and as underlying illnesses, whats the world coming to,,seanie

Seems most places have been sadly, not even the bear basic distancing, masks etc.

Heard on the news last night some poor sod asked a customer to put on a mask or leave, he came back 30 minutes later and shot her.

I just don't get that mentality. Do they get upset at the Dentist's when asked to put glasses on?

Most likely. We are a country void of empathy and wanting to do something for the greater good. It’s all what about me? It shouldn’t have to happen to you for it it matter to you.

A few months back I asked if people thought that we would be back in VP this coming season in unrestricted numbers, and those on here were confident on the whole that we would be.
Given that the date of normallity is now back to July, and Sage still banging on are we still confident.
I am not.

A few months back I asked if people thought that we would be back in VP this coming season in unrestricted numbers, and those on here were confident on the whole that we would be.
Given that the date of normallity is now back to July, and Sage still banging on are we still confident.
I am not.

I am confident we’ll be back to 40k in autumn at some point. I’ve no problem with having to show a covid free sample or a proof of two vaccines, then you weed out the anti vaxxers.

Needs a mechanism to allow younger people in who may not have had one vaccine, let alone two.

I am confident we’ll be back to 40k in autumn at some point. I’ve no problem with having to show a covid free sample or a proof of two vaccines, then you weed out the anti vaxxers.

Needs a mechanism to allow younger people in who may not have had one vaccine, let alone two.
I hope you are correct dan, but I have to say that I feel my chances of going up to Brum for the first two home games of the season, Newcastle and Brentford are absolutely nil.
Hope I am wrong.

I hope you are correct dan, but I have to say that I feel my chances of going up to Brum for the first two home games of the season, Newcastle and Brentford are absolutely nil.
Hope I am wrong.

Unless someone corrects me, the “freedom day” would’ve seen stadiums allowed to open to capacity again. That’s been delayed to july, our first home game is august. There could be uproar for the government if he delays further, and we all know Boris won’t want to risk that for his own PR.

I have less than zero confidence we will be at VP this season on mass. Even with the vaccine I negatively wonder how long a super strain will be away that is resistant against the vaccine. You say autumn Dan?
Jesus. I think they were discussing in parliament comments about full lockdowns again in autumn so good luck with that target. I see no light. I honestly dont.

Unless someone corrects me, the “freedom day” would’ve seen stadiums allowed to open to capacity again. That’s been delayed to july, our first home game is august. There could be uproar for the government if he delays further, and we all know Boris won’t want to risk that for his own PR.
Hope you are correct dan.
Down here in one week we have gone from less than five cases per 100,000 to 44, and rising rapidly.
All new cases are Indian Variant, and are mostly in under thirties.
Bloody bank holidays again.

Hope you are correct dan.
Down here in one week we have gone from less than five cases per 100,000 to 44, and rising rapidly.
All new cases are Indian Variant, and are mostly in under thirties.
Bloody bank holidays again.
Yes but the virus on visits you, it fecks off back home come October 1st