Summer transfers rumours, speculation, news | Page 33 | Vital Football

Summer transfers rumours, speculation, news

Excellent news as we can now bring in a number one with Jamie Jones as a reliable and loyal back-up.

Similar age to Lee Nicholls when he left, has potential but needs to be playing regularly. Good move all round.

Talals at it again dropping hints about signings.
Nixon also saying there's a chance Max Power could come back if terms are right.
Nixon has got that off Wigan till I die on Facebook,loves to trawl does Nixon

My goodness. If we get them players, along with Cousins, then I take back my previous comment about us struggling to get promoted. We will get back to back promotion with them players Haha

I am sure we will try to get them all or players of a similar calibur, but as an L1 club we are probably at the mercy of Championship clubs coming in as no one is likely to choose L1 if they could go higher.

Fingers crossed some of the Champ clubs have been sleeping on Humphrys and Fraser.

Power was always a good technician, but he lacked off the ball movement and positioning. Could never fault his effort. Hopefully he's improved over the past couple years unlike Evans.

Could be first choice right back or a different option in midfield. Good addition to the current squad.

Power was always a good technician, but he lacked off the ball movement and positioning. Could never fault his effort. Hopefully he's improved over the past couple years unlike Evans.

Could be first choice right back or a different option in midfield. Good addition to the current squad.

I can't see us signing him to to be the first right back. I think he'll probably be earmarked as one of the first choice def mid duo with Cousins.

I can't see us signing him to to be the first right back. I think he'll probably be earmarked as one of the first choice def mid duo with Cousins.

Most likely you're right, he did play a lot of football last season at fullback though.

Him and Naylor both like to play on the right of a midfield 2 and Naylor got 3 year deal.

Depends entirely on which system of 4231 Leam is going for, if he decides to use that system this season.

When he pushes the fullbacks on and the two defensive midfielders basically play fullback when attacking and the attacking midfielders central we'll need different players to suit. Compared to the more standard version which can require more creativity central.

The challenge next season will be having strength in depth give we're starting from almost ground level. Having the options of Power, Cousins and Naylor in CM is a big step forward, likewise Edwards, Massey, Viv and A.N. Other, Keane, Lang and Aasgaard etc gives us lots of variety in attack, we just need to build that strength in depth at the back now