Transfer Window - Summer 2021 | Page 42 | Vital Football

Transfer Window - Summer 2021

So would you play Davies over Japhet or Rodon in that left centre half position in a three? I get why Wales have to do that out of necessity, but I'm not convinced. I thought Japhet was superb when tucked in alongside the centre halves when Jose first joined. He'd get my vote over Davies, perhaps negating the reason to keep him.

In the left side of a CB 3, I'd play Davies. I think it makes a massive difference to have a left footer in that position. I see Rodon as a guy who can play in any of the 3 CB positions and I see Japh as a RCB who can cover LCB if needed, but isnt suitable for the central CB role just yet.

My main concerns will be with Japh being so injury prone and if Rodon is going to be given more of a chance ahead of the likes of Dier, Sanchez and Toby. I get the feeling that Dier will be the one who is kept.

I guess my question is what would it take before we'd consider Davies as LCB if we started playing a 3? Even with the current squad, he'd be way down my pecking order even though the right side is the strong side.
I feel that Davies is generally under rated by many Spurs fans. I accept the fact that he doesn't have the same qualities of Reguilon or Rose insofar as he's not quick and getting forward isn't a strength, but he is one of the best defenders we have, and reads the game defensively very well. I wouldn't hesitate in picking him ahead of anybody else as the LCB in a back three. He's not a candidate as a regular starter, but for me there are plenty of others ahead of him in terms of players to move out.

If we are to progress at all, we absolutely must make sure Sanchez, Dier and Toby are kept away from the team.
Sanchez is prone to lapses in concentration & rarely ever succeeds in progressive passes.
Dier is too inconsistent & isn’t a top drawer CB in my opinion.
Tony has simply succumbed to age as his legs have gone.
I would aim to have Rodon in our back line with 2 new faces if we play a 3 at the back. Players like Ben White & Skriniar need to be at the top of our list. A really commanding CB with 2 naturally gifted CB’s next to him. That would offer us a solid base to build on, albeit it would cost us about £100m to do!
Japha needs a PL loan in my opinion. Get some games in him at CB & he can come back & push our 3 but would then give us cover for many years to come.
Add Sess/Rege/Davies on the left & Aarons/Doherty on the right & we are set at the back.

I love , absolutely love the “ Revolving Clownshow Back There “.
That is priceless.
Plus ….. as we have agreed on numerous occasions, we need another “ meat eater “ back there .
And that should not get into the smut for brains department of any of you .
Me and US know what it is . That’s all that counts :wagging::rofl:
I like and rate the Iceman, as has been said played way to many games, thus affecting his game overall, esp later in the season, needs someone to rotate with, that my opinion anyway.

Thankfully, you're not a scout. If you were, you'd have seen how good he was (Despite Jose's suicidal tactics) at the beginning of the season.

His FIRST season at CB.

Clearly, he's far better than you think, but clearly, he made far too many individual errors as the season wore on. Put him in the right position and under the right coach and skin-deep assessments like that won't happen, without context.

He is a leader, but like all players, he needs the right context and the right direction in a new role.

We will remain continents apart on this lad.

I think he's stupid, on the pitch that is. I don't think you can overcome that, it's who he is. He plays really dumb football, and he costs his team points, regularly. This past season was just the most glaring example. People were always over-awed by his athleticism, but now he not even got any of that.

Calling him a "Leader" is a farce. If I were the new Mgr, looking for leaders in my squad, I'd point to Dier, and say, "See that guy? Do everything exactly the opposite as he does".

He is Adrox Deux.

I think he's an absolute shite footballer, and should be banned from playing in England ever again.

Remember when he climbed into the stands and fought a fan??

Remember when he bitched in press about being unfairly treated and blamed, and then went out and gave up two goals in the next match, essentially costing Spurs EU competition next season?!?!?

I could go on with 50 more examples like this.

Fuken nutz how this guy get's a pass.

Dier OUT X 1,000,000.

We will remain continents apart on this lad.

I think he's stupid, on the pitch that is. I don't think you can overcome that, it's who he is. He plays really dumb football, and he costs his team points, regularly. This past season was just the most glaring example. People were always over-awed by his athleticism, but now he not even got any of that.

Calling him a "Leader" is a farce. If I were the new Mgr, looking for leaders in my squad, I'd point to Dier, and say, "See that guy? Do everything exactly the opposite as he does".

He is Adrox Deux.

I think he's an absolute shite footballer, and should be banned from playing in England ever again.

Remember when he climbed into the stands and fought a fan??

Remember when he bitched in press about being unfairly treated and blamed, and then went out and gave up two goals in the next match, essentially costing Spurs EU competition next season?!?!?

I could go on with 50 more examples like this.

Fuken nutz how this guy get's a pass.

Dier OUT X 1,000,000.

Until the shite footballer comment, I genuinely thought you were writing about Sonny !!!

Well, 'cept he 'wins' games, instead of 'losing' them.

You are kidding right? How many goals could I trace back to Son's pathetic defensive contribution? I'd start by every goal that came from our left back area for the last few years and find a mountain of direct and indirect influences on opposition goals. Not tracking back, pretending to shut down, sitting in the wrong space, daydreaming, allowing easy passes because of no press. Pulling out of headers and tackles.

If the analyst team at Spurs were doing their job well, I would probably hazard a guess that Son has been directly or indirectly (mostly) responsible for about 10 times as many goals as Dier.

When he doesn't score at the other end, total passenger.

IF..... If Fonzie is the guy, and the reset on targets is accurate, and if the words coming out actually have some weight now, which it may all be another round of PsyOp bs......

_________Hugo__________
Aarons_Rodon_Botman_Reggie
_______Locatelli_________
_____GLC___Dele_______
Berardi__________Son
_________Kane___________

or.....

________Hugo________
__Rodon_Toby_Botman__
Aarons_Loca_Dele_Reggie
Berardi___Kane___Son

You are kidding right? How many goals could I trace back to Son's pathetic defensive contribution? I'd start by every goal that came from our left back area for the last few years and find a mountain of direct and indirect influences on opposition goals. Not tracking back, pretending to shut down, sitting in the wrong space, daydreaming, allowing easy passes because of no press. Pulling out of headers and tackles.

If the analyst team at Spurs were doing their job well, I would probably hazard a guess that Son has been directly or indirectly (mostly) responsible for about 10 times as many goals as Dier.

When he doesn't score at the other end, total passenger.

Sorry, I was being semantically sarcastic.

While I agree that Son has little taste for the defensive game, even if he makes a terrible error, there's gonna be at least one, if not 4 or more others that will have a chance to rectify the situation. That's how it goes, with Strikers/Forwards. that's what they're paid for.

If you think anyone at spurs, or any other club he's played for, has ever had any misconception about son's strengths & weaknesses, no. Everyone is well aware, and he is hired to what he does best. Does that pretty damn well too.

So, comparing Dier's errors, and the severity of them, and how they lead directly to goals.... With Son's obvious, known, and accepted defensive frailties up the pitch, that result in others in his team having to also fail before a goal chance is usually created.... I think is a stretch

I hope Sonny stays for 3 more yrs.

I hope Dier get's hit by a bus. (Not literally).

If son left, we'd be much worse off, and would have to pay 100m for an adequate replacement.

If Dier left, we would immediately improve on, AND off the pitch, we'd be more solid defensively, likely win more matches, and would have to signa free agent 14 yr old to the academy to replace him. 😁😁😁

Sorry, I was being semantically sarcastic.

While I agree that Son has little taste for the defensive game, even if he makes a terrible error, there's gonna be at least one, if not 4 or more others that will have a chance to rectify the situation. That's how it goes, with Strikers/Forwards. that's what they're paid for.

If you think anyone at spurs, or any other club he's played for, has ever had any misconception about son's strengths & weaknesses, no. Everyone is well aware, and he is hired to what he does best. Does that pretty damn well too.

So, comparing Dier's errors, and the severity of them, and how they lead directly to goals.... With Son's obvious, known, and accepted defensive frailties up the pitch, that result in others in his team having to also fail before a goal chance is usually created.... I think is a stretch

I hope Sonny stays for 3 more yrs.

I hope Dier get's hit by a bus. (Not literally).

If son left, we'd be much worse off, and would have to pay 100m for an adequate replacement.

If Dier left, we would immediately improve on, AND off the pitch, we'd be more solid defensively, likely win more matches, and would have to signa free agent 14 yr old to the academy to replace him. 😁😁😁

Perhaps, but Son's attitude towards defending has been a massive reason why we're perrenial losers. Equal to Dier's poor contribution, but without the health and positional disruptions.

My clear winner for centre half exits would be Toby though. That is the elephant in the room and has been for 2 seasons. He has shown clearly that it was Vertonghen that was the defensive leader in the partnership. He has shown that he has no spring left in his jumps and he has dragged our back four back to the 18 yard line to protect his lack of pace. I can't see him working at all in the new setup. Age isn't kind to him unfortunately and he needs to find a new league to play in like Vertonghen did. His brand will get him a move as well.

Then we can start thinking about the next 2 centre half casualties. Ideally we need to change all 3 senior centre halves not even knowing whether Rodon or Japhet will make it as the 4th and 5th. It's a mess.

That's £40m for White, £40m for Neves and over £30m for Bissouma according to Sky. COVID and empty stadia clearly been kind to Arsenal.
I didn't realise they had put £30m in for Bissouma as well. Maybe their owners are putting their hands in their pockets? They're under pressure.

Perhaps, but Son's attitude towards defending has been a massive reason why we're perrenial losers. Equal to Dier's poor contribution, but without the health and positional disruptions.

My clear winner for centre half exits would be Toby though. That is the elephant in the room and has been for 2 seasons. He has shown clearly that it was Vertonghen that was the defensive leader in the partnership. He has shown that he has no spring left in his jumps and he has dragged our back four back to the 18 yard line to protect his lack of pace. I can't see him working at all in the new setup. Age isn't kind to him unfortunately and he needs to find a new league to play in like Vertonghen did. His brand will get him a move as well.

Then we can start thinking about the next 2 centre half casualties. Ideally we need to change all 3 senior centre halves not even knowing whether Rodon or Japhet will make it as the 4th and 5th. It's a mess.

I wonder how he does for Belgium?

And that is relevant to the Prem domestic season exactly how?

A human being's top running speed is the same on an international pitch, as it is on a domestic league one. If he's "past it", that indicates a degradation in mental acuity &/or physical capability.

If the player performs adequately in one of the scenarios, it is likely the failure to succeed in the other, is rooted in something other than his physiology.

Come on guys just because we got an Italian director of football does not mean we are going to get these Italian stars who are far better than our club at present. They could go to champions league teams easily. Putting locatelli and Berardi in our team line ups is just setting ourselves up for disappointment. Botman has just won a league title and is in champions league. They would all really have to buy into this big project and Italians very rarely see England as an ideal place to be