Transfer Targets 2021/22 Season | Page 6 | Vital Football

Transfer Targets 2021/22 Season

Expiring contracts June 30, 2022, Lys Mousset, Chris Basham, Luke Freeman, Jack Robinson, Ben Osborn and Billy Sharp.
Be interesting what SJ does regarding these players, he won't have that connection with these players. It does give him options, if he doesn't fancy them he can run the contacts down or try and move on. If we can get back first time we will upgrade anyway.
I'd keep Bash and Osborn and be tempted to give Freeman a chance. Not sure that Sharp will get many outings under Slav so I'd let him go with full blessings.

Sheffield United could be set to soften their transfer stance on Sander Berge which will come as a huge boost for Arsenal. So, the Blades could be set to relax the demand that the £35million is paid altogether, with Arsenal preferring to spread the money through instalments.

I think it's the 35million that's the stumbling block.

Florentina and Napoli interested, his agent is touting him all over Europe, thought Italian clubs were deep in debt, never seems to stop football clubs increasing their debt.

Clearly doesn't want to stay. The jury's out for me...he wasn't ready for the Prem when he arrived and he hasn't played enough this season to see much improvement.

However at a better club he might come through quicker.

We should be able to make a profit on him...albeit small

Looking at Slav's first seasons at Watford and Fulham he picked his front two (Deeney and Vydra at Watford, Dembele and McCormack at Fulham) and stuck with them fairly rigidly.

It's likely not going to be the same amount of chopping and changing up top we've had from Wilder since January 2018. Billy's opportunities you'd expect will be very limited.

Decisions need to be made sharpish about the forwards. McGoldrick, Sharp, McBurnie, Brewster, Burke, Jebbison, Hackford and Mousset can't all play - and that's a big old collective wage they'll be taking up.

Clearly doesn't want to stay. The jury's out for me...he wasn't ready for the Prem when he arrived and he hasn't played enough this season to see much improvement.

However at a better club he might come through quicker.

We should be able to make a profit on him...albeit small

I have watched all the games he's played in and I don't get the hype, maybe our style of play doesn't suit him and he will blossom with better players around him. Good luck to the lad if he does get a move and has returned to full fitness after his serious injury. The injury the lack of game time will be factors in any fee we can get. I'd expect clubs will want to see him in first team action before they part we serious money so he could be with us till January.

I'd keep Bash and Osborn and be tempted to give Freeman a chance. Not sure that Sharp will get many outings under Slav so I'd let him go with full blessings.

I'm sure he will use some of them in the coming season, but will he be offering them extended contracts, if we achieve promotion. I'd say no we will need better players.

The Arse have turned their attention to Anderlecht's young captain Albert Sambi Lokonga. Another double pivot player who picks it up deep and runs at teams. Valued at about 15 million.

The market where we get 35 million for Berge looks like it begins and ends with Villa. Instead of agitating for a move Sander's people should be getting on him to put in some performances in a United shirt and earn his move.

Looks like we might keep him till January.

In which case I think we'll keep him for the season because I think we'd be in the top 2.

That's the best case scenario really because watching him boss games as we get promoted would be the best way to possibly do so.

Sander should look at Buendia, Bowen, Bellingham, Sarr and the Brentford lads to see dropping into the Championship doesn't remove the spotlight. Players can flourish, aquire admirers and see their values rise.

He should be fully focused on playing well and getting us back in the PL. We can deal with any developments in January as they happen.

Problem for us is raising the money elsewhere.

As I said, Baldock and McBurnie may be the best options to sell. Egan too but I don't expect any serious interest that would leave us a good net profit after replacing him.

As I said, Baldock and McBurnie may be the best options to sell. Egan too but I don't expect any serious interest that would leave us a good net profit after replacing him.
I hate to say it but the only other serious option is Ramsdale. Good keepers are very difficult to find now so their value is rising fast and we could do alot with £35-£40 million.
I would rather keep him and would rather the Prince get some more investment elsewhere but we have to raise some money some where as without a new midfield we are not going to get promoted.

Think as I posted elsewhere I'd rather keep Furious and sell Bogle. Sure he has potential but defensively is quite a way behind George.

I hate to say it but the only other serious option is Ramsdale. Good keepers are very difficult to find now so their value is rising fast and we could do alot with £35-£40 million.
I would rather keep him and would rather the Prince get some more investment elsewhere but we have to raise some money some where as without a new midfield we are not going to get promoted.

If Ramsdale's value has risen considerably we should certainly consider selling. Around £25m could be very smart business.

Replacing him in the Championship will cost a fraction of that.

Would be a shame though because we'd all like to see him be our keeper for 10 years.

Are we short of brass then? Need money now?

Norwich have just come back up and the first thing they did was snatch Villas hand off for £33m for Buendia. Think you'll find our income streams are more adversley affected than theirs so it isn't unreasonable to sell as well as buy. You can thank St Christopher to some extent for pi55ing north of £100m down the bog. Thank god he wasn't given anymore to waste in January.

Norwich have just come back up and the first thing they did was snatch Villas hand off for £33m for Buendia. Think you'll find our income streams are more adversley affected than theirs so it isn't unreasonable to sell as well as buy. You can thank St Christopher to some extent for pi55ing north of £100m down the bog. Thank god he wasn't given anymore to waste in January.
Anyone else other than Dezza and me remember the Please don't go Chris thread by our resident stud fantasist? What a fickle fan you are Sean mi owd pal.:ROFLMAO: If only you'd been our manager eh?:ROFLMAO: Chuff the fact that without our Chris we wouldn't have been anywhere near the Prem. UTB

Anyone else other than Dezza and me remember the Please don't go Chris thread by our resident stud fantasist? What a fickle fan you are Sean mi owd pal.:ROFLMAO: If only you'd been our manager eh?:ROFLMAO: Chuff the fact that without our Chris we wouldn't have been anywhere near the Prem. UTB

And the Treeton stalker arrives in mac and flat cap.
So yet again you think changing your mind based on new information is fantasist and fickle. Luckily it dosen't matter what you think as it's mainly bollox.
Resident stud? Not at all. Just like most normal people who haven't spent their existance in a time warp, underground and the WMC.

Brighton reject a £40 million bid for Ben White from Arsenal. I thought they had no money and could not afford Berge ?. I say hold out and don't lower the price. If we keep him he will only increase in value.

Not the point was was trying to make SBT. Are we in a fire sale scenario then?
Don't we get parachute payments reducing over two years?