The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 144 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure about Ashley Young returning? Although he will go to whoever offers a two-year deal and the highest wages..........Could even be where he started at Watford?

Remember this

My money would be on him going to Watford! He wouldnt be a starter for us, no way he'd get in over Targett after last season and realistically is he going to get in over Bert and Jack or Buendia, I dont think so...so backup would be the only option for him and would we want to pay his high wages just for a backup player?

My money would be on him going to Watford! He wouldnt be a starter for us, no way he'd get in over Targett after last season and realistically is he going to get in over Bert and Jack or Buendia, I dont think so...so backup would be the only option for him and would we want to pay his high wages just for a backup player?

Agree. And welcome to the madhouse forum mate!

Still, easily the best Villa forum so enjoy.

Thankyou mate, I joined on another account around 10 years ago now but I forgot all my details so just thought I'd save the stress and make a new one :D.

Always enjoyed reading other peoples thoughts on the whirlwind we've had the past decade or 2!

Yes, I thought you looked like you knew your way around a bit!

Rumour has it Targetts going to form part of a 3 man defence in a 3-4-3 with Cash and Young on the wings (bs made by me)

—————————Watkins———————
———-Grealish————————Buendia

Young——-—McGinn———Luiz—————Cash

———-Targett———Mings———Konsa———

—————————Martinez————————
Not the worst team in the world, but where the hell does Young fit, surely he won’t want to be playing second fiddle, turning 36 next month too.
Welcome to the forums, Gareth Southgate.

I guess it depends if Young sees himself as first choice or someone who can play in a number of positions and manage his workload as he is nearly 36 years old. I wouldn’t be against it as an option. He can still deliver a decent cross and can beat a player so for free I think there’s not much risk involved. Is he a good left back? No not really defensively.

Mixed view on Ashley Young. Would certainly be decent as cover but didn’t realise quite how old he is, 35! Seems like we’ve ditched Elmo for someone even older!

I’ve seen on insta (so this is a rumour) which credits the Athletic, we’ve had a £25m bid for Emile Smith Rowe turned down.

There’s something about us bidding for top Arsenal talents that makes me feel good about where we’re heading (if we did of course).

Not that I can see a London lad breaking through to make a sideways move if I’m honest but the thought is nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.