Transfer Window - Summer 2021 | Page 41 | Vital Football

Transfer Window - Summer 2021

Ideally i'd keep Hugo for another year & bring in a younger lad. I still can't see how we can release our two most experienced players in the same window. It could yet happen but obviously i'm hoping it won't.

There are a lot of good young English keepers to choose from. Henderson's got a great future ahead of him so why not?

Whos the other? Kane? Im not suggesting he will leave.

Homegrown for me isn't a keeper. Don't rate the current crop of English keepers.

White and Aarons absolutely.

Also, Michael Olise has already clocked up 2 of his 3 years to become HG and he's French. Still 19 years old. I'd be all over that, potentially getting him back out on loan.

It could be an important season for Davies. He's got a great mentality and is one of the most professional and least egotistical players we have... who just so happens to be a very good choice for LCB in a back 3.

With the changes being predicted within the squad, having professional players like Davies will help the transition massively.

He's not going to stick around for another rebuild, he'll most likely move on.

The squad will need a steady hand more now than ever & there's no better person to do it atm than Hugo. It would be pure folly to allow both to leave in the same window.

That's fair. Although TBH I have never considered Kane a leader.

It could be an important season for Davies. He's got a great mentality and is one of the most professional and least egotistical players we have... who just so happens to be a very good choice for LCB in a back 3.

With the changes being predicted within the squad, having professional players like Davies will help the transition massively.

The same thing has crossed my mind today. We are going to have limited money and time. Is Davies at LCB in a back 3 the worst idea in the world?

The others have been so poor I can't see him being any worse.

The same thing has crossed my mind today. We are going to have limited money and time. Is Davies at LCB in a back 3 the worst idea in the world?

Offset against how Japhet or Rodon could do playing there. Offset against Sess getting less chances in a back four.

Davies is 28, contracted until 2024 and arguably this could be our last chance to get some decent money for him.

I'm OK either way, but don't want these guys at the end of their runway holding the younger players back.

Yes, Harry. I can't see how Fabio, Daniel or anybody else for that matter can convince him to stay.

I can. And mostly becuase he's under a long-term fruitful contract. One that the club intends to see him honor, unless a bid of an adequate valuation arrives. So, barring a bid in excess of £150m, he will be with Spurs for at least one more season.

Who's gonna make that offer?

That's fair. Although TBH I have never considered Kane a leader.
I can understand that but the players idolise the man.
I can. And mostly becuase he's under a long-term fruitful contract. One that the club intends to see him honor, unless a bid of an adequate valuation arrives. So, barring a bid in excess of £150m, he will be with Spurs for at least one more season.

Who's gonna make that offer?

Nobody.

I owuld expect Davies to play the same role he has, UtilityBackup-LeftDefense.

Without a new CB signing, and not moving Snchz on, I'd expect a back 3 to look like...

Snchz__Toby__Rodon

Switch any of the 3 with a new CB or 2, or Slip Tanga in there on the right. Dont see Davies in a starting role in the backline.

I can't see Davies going either. Whilst he isn't a player to really celebrate having, we have other areas that are much more concerning than back up left back (eg. CB, RB, CM, especially CF if Kane goes).
Interestingly Davies is playing CB for Wales at the moment in a back 4.

Last edited:
Offset against how Japhet or Rodon could do playing there. Offset against Sess getting less chances in a back four.

Davies is 28, contracted until 2024 and arguably this could be our last chance to get some decent money for him.

I'm OK either way, but don't want these guys at the end of their runway holding the younger players back.

I don't think he will be used in such a way that blocks any younger players. I think he could be an often used utility as the left side CB in a 3 and as a more defensively solid LWB. I think Reggie and Sess are going to be first choice and understudy respectively.

We are going to sign a new CB, which does mean at least 1 is on their way out, perhaps 2. I think it's safe to assume both Rodon and Japh will be the ones kept. If, and it is a big if, Fonseca does adopt his usual 3-4-2-1 then I think we will need 5 players who are CBs or players who can play as right or left sided CBs.

I don't think he will be used in such a way that blocks any younger players. I think he could be an often used utility as the left side CB in a 3 and as a more defensively solid LWB. I think Reggie and Sess are going to be first choice and understudy respectively.

We are going to sign a new CB, which does mean at least 1 is on their way out, perhaps 2. I think it's safe to assume both Rodon and Japh will be the ones kept. If, and it is a big if, Fonseca does adopt his usual 3-4-2-1 then I think we will need 5 players who are CBs or players who can play as right or left sided CBs.

So would you play Davies over Japhet or Rodon in that left centre half position in a three? I get why Wales have to do that out of necessity, but I'm not convinced. I thought Japhet was superb when tucked in alongside the centre halves when Jose first joined. He'd get my vote over Davies, perhaps negating the reason to keep him.

So would you play Davies over Japhet or Rodon in that left centre half position in a three? I get why Wales have to do that out of necessity, but I'm not convinced. I thought Japhet was superb when tucked in alongside the centre halves when Jose first joined. He'd get my vote over Davies, perhaps negating the reason to keep him.

Tang RCB Sanchez CB Rodon LCB?

Mahrez, Laporte and Silva and £20M for Kane. Play hardball and get whats good for us on our terms.

Mahrez takes Lamela or Mouras spot
Laporte takes Toby's
Silva to rotate with Dele in the AM spot

Go out and buy either Dybala, Jovic or Andre Silva

I also desperately want Bissouma. I dont want the other lot getting him

Sorry, but I just can't...

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Good effort, but the value in £'s of the time you wasted, in typing the above post, is twice as much as I'd be bothered to get for him in a sale.

Only Andros Townsend beggared belief more than this loser cat has in recent Spurs history. More opportunities, at more positions, than any other player during his time. And he has been an unmitigated failure at every single one of them.

I now have wasted at least three times his value in £'s of my time, in writing this response.

The best thing the lad could do for the world of football, is just retire.

I shudder to think I may have to witness his paucity of neurological activity on MLS pitches across America someday soon. Yikes!!

Dier out.

Thankfully, you're not a scout. If you were, you'd have seen how good he was (Despite Jose's suicidal tactics) at the beginning of the season.

His FIRST season at CB.

Clearly, he's far better than you think, but clearly, he made far too many individual errors as the season wore on. Put him in the right position and under the right coach and skin-deep assessments like that won't happen, without context.

He is a leader, but like all players, he needs the right context and the right direction in a new role.