Euros 20/21 Thread | Page 17 | Vital Football

Euros 20/21 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last 16 stage is now a knockout version of the old tournament of 4 groups of 4, when it became straight knock at the last 8 stage.
Used to be 24 in the world cup when I was youngster, the world cups of 82,86 and 90.
Making me feel old as I think of the World Cup with 16 teams and the Euros as not even a Championship as such

Presumably the Hungarian people are not worried about masks, hugging and huddling together. Although bizarrely there appears to be social distancing on the subs bench

Presumably the Hungarian people are not worried about masks, hugging and huddling together. Although bizarrely there appears to be social distancing on the subs bench
Victor Orban being a populist right winger probably has similar views to Trump with regards Covid (and formerly Boris "inject me with Covid/let the bodies pile high" Johnson

I can't keep up with the penalty law. Isn't that a red for Orban, where was the attempt to genuinely play the ball? What is Walton on about.

Think Hungary were a bit unlucky to be fair, needed a goal like that ricochet.

I feel like multiple teams now, the manager has taken off their best attacker? Isak last night and Sallai today was their best outlet?

A tad harsh on the Magyars perhaps, but class told in the end. Definite contenders to defend their crown as Euro Champions in my opinion.

Clive Tyldesley - "When the French and German teams pack their bags for a tournament they pack them for a month" - how far did Germany get at the last world cup?

Walton makes it up as he goes along on a weekly basis .... can’t stand the chancer.
Definitely one to be filed under 'referees' union' imo. If he's just going to agree with every decision made, I don't see the point of the feature. He even had the audacity to call it a genuine attempt to win the ball and nobody challenged him.

Hummels scores an OG which matches Turton's in the PO final.

Pogba done more in 20 mins than the whole of his time in the Europa Cup final, ManUre will be delighted.

Quality game this between France & Germany, with Kante outstanding again like he was in the CL Final .... would like to see Sane on in the 2nd half to add a bit of pace.

Quality game this between France & Germany, with Kante outstanding again like he was in the CL Final .... would like to see Sane on in the 2nd half to add a bit of pace.

15 minutes of scrappy back and forth followed by France stepping on the gas a bit and getting on top but only creating one clear cut opening. Germany with only 1 bit of play that could remotely be called a chance which Gundogan screwed wide in a manner which would have received scathing derision had he been English for bottling it...

Not a great game IMO. Watchable but not too much happening.

France are keeping Germany at arms length quite comfortably.

Status
Not open for further replies.