Racism in football/booing/the knee | Page 18 | Vital Football

Racism in football/booing/the knee

[
So now you know my political persuasion on account of my comment. How clever! If I propose a 10 minute long affair will I then be defined by you, in your majestic wisdom, as a fully paid up member of the far left?

You don’t understand the irony. I couldn’t give a fuck about your political persuasion, it’s not one of my business. But imagine I force you to do make a gesture, that’s none of your personal persuasion.

[

You don’t understand the irony. I couldn’t give a fuck about your political persuasion, it’s not one of my business. But imagine I force you to do make a gesture, that’s none of your personal persuasion.
A bit like the England players giving the nazi salute in 1938 in Berlin. How about that for solidarity that went well

Anyway I've found the best way to deal with it is to switch on the game 40 seconds after KO like I did yesterday. Jobs a good un, I find it strange that all these racist football fans were cheering Sterling's goal, surely if they are racists they would be booing his every touch like the Eastern European fans would if the game was played there.

This is the agenda BBC ITV SKY LBC radio has, it's not listening , it's just labelling people racist. Yet football fans are probably the least racist in this country than anywhere in Europe

Brilliant in the way the presenter tied the caller up in knots.
Pretty easy to do when you have to push a company line and won't even try and listen., it was the same with Brexit they just talked down to anyone who disagreed with their London centric pro-European views, even though the country as a whole was pro-Brexit.
Can you imagine having a presenter who dared say anything different? ie thought perhaps this bloke is just an ordinary man, not a racist but a man who doesn't agree with BLM. Disagreeing with BLM doesn't make you a racist.
That is the line the presenter's of all TV and Radio shows as pumping forwards even if they might not believe it , as they would be sacked if they didn't.

This is the agenda BBC ITV SKY LBC radio has, it's not listening , it's just labelling people racist. Yet football fans are probably the least racist in this country than anywhere in Europe
I've not seen or heard BBC, ITV, or Sky label anyone as racist. I don't listen to LBC so can't comment on them. Do you have any specific instances I can check out?

It seemed to me that the cheering was louder than the booing at Wembley. But I guess there are people who don't like it and won't boo. Are there any polls on this?

Very interesting to hear the presenter on GBNEWS, a black woman, just say that she is sick of being lectured by black players, and Southgate, with regard to taking the knee.
She says empty gesture.
Also discussing Trevor Phillips comments that too many American issues re race and politics etc being imported into the UK when they are not relevant.

Anyway I've found the best way to deal with it is to switch on the game 40 seconds after KO like I did yesterday. Jobs a good un, I find it strange that all these racist football fans were cheering Sterling's goal, surely if they are racists they would be booing his every touch like the Eastern European fans would if the game was played there.

British football "fans" have a long time-line of being the most racist bigots anywhere in the world and just because the amount of outright racism being shouted from the terraces and the amount of violence being perpetrated at games has died to a minimum doesn't mean it's disappeared.
Look at America as an example, once Trump got into power his racist comments made it acceptable for the other racists in the country to crawl out from beneath their rocks and yell their racism from the hilltops.
Well that is what is happening, to a lesser degree, in our country.
Bojo and his cronies are white nationalists at heart and the many others who have remained hidden for years are becoming emboldened to come out of their hiding places. The more the booing of players taking the knee against racism and especially systemic racism, is tolerated, without any punishment, such as life-time bans from every football ground in the country, the worse it will get.

Compared to other countries our racism in football is microscopic.
Just like drugs, crime, murder etc you will never have absolute zero. But we have come a long long way in my opinion.
No matter what the topic there will always be the occasional nobhead.
What is annoying though is people being classed as racist when they are not. Easy to pull the 'thats racist' card isn't it.

Pretty easy to do when you have to push a company line and won't even try and listen., it was the same with Brexit they just talked down to anyone who disagreed with their London centric pro-European views, even though the country as a whole was pro-Brexit.

Not the same. On the contrary, the pro-Europe campaign was saddled with a PM who was afraid to show any enthusiasm for Europe and a Leader of the Opposition who didn't want to show any enthusiasm for Europe. Can't see where any talking down happened.

I live in the constituency which had the highest pro-Europe vote in the country. It's on the west coast of Wales, not London-centric at all.

Compared to other countries our racism in football is microscopic.
Just like drugs, crime, murder etc you will never have absolute zero. But we have come a long long way in my opinion.
No matter what the topic there will always be the occasional nobhead.
What is annoying though is people being classed as racist when they are not. Easy to pull the 'thats racist' card isn't it.

Spot on mate if you want racism go to Poland, France is another place they have booed their national football team for being all black.
I've been going to Villa Park for the last 53 years and never seen any form of racism, Like I've said Villa's biggest hooligan is black and followed by mainly white thugs, if they were racist would they have made him their hero pin-up boy.

I think it's been blown up out of all proportion by media hysteria

Not the same. On the contrary, the pro-Europe campaign was saddled with a PM who was afraid to show any enthusiasm for Europe and a Leader of the Opposition who didn't want to show any enthusiasm for Europe. Can't see where any talking down happened.

I live in the constituency which had the highest pro-Europe vote in the country. It's on the west coast of Wales, not London-centric at all.

Sorry mate ironically I used to spend a lot of time on the west coast of wales there are more sheep than people so they got EU handouts hence they voting remain and I listen to LBC every night and London and the south-east is different planet to the rest of the UK. A third of the population lives there, LBC used to be London broadcasting company no it's Leading Britains Conversation but still, nothing north of the M25 has a valid opinion. London may as well be a different country.

Anyway, this is about booing, don't want to start another Brexit thread

I have been going to villa park all my life. Holte end always. Have been to hundreds of away games.
I can honestly say I have never heard or seen any racism. Not once.

Edit. Not to say there wasn't.... When I was younger especially I would have been hammered so maybe there was and I didn't hear it or notice it..... Or I may have been unconscious.

The more the booing of players taking the knee against racism and especially systemic racism, is tolerated, without any punishment, such as life-time bans from every football ground in the country, the worse it will get.
Punishment, for disagreeing with something.
When did we become a totalitarian state?