Good Morning Thread | Page 309 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

Am with USAF there 80, all that is written is most certainly true.

Retiring from my military days haha! the main thing that really still come's to mind when my final day was done, it was, just imagine this after all them years of being looked after, your Out! your standing outside the gate, a suitcase in both hands of all your worldly military service belongings inside, you stand there having a think! and you say to yourself "what the fcuk am I going to do now!" lol! you answer I have a family that is depending on me, so holiday first, a good think n discussion with the missus, because do not forget it is all change for her also, and then get back on the ride that is work/life, I have never looked back with regrets.

Though I am a spouse Carer now, proud to do it and its most certainly not a job to look down upon, am also retired from work, as in running my own/our business, I awake every morning looking forward to what's install for me, incl Mrs PY, that day.

As you know I have a major interest in wildlife/birds and the rescuing of Dogs, which is so fulfilling, thus with my weight training/bike work outs my day is quite full, but must not forget watching my/our team Spurs., whether it be live or on tv.

You wrote about anagrams n crossword, one of my fave past times, I do the Express n local Evening News Cryptic crosswords everyday/evening, yes there are more difficult ones, but those two still at times fcuk me up lol! it does keep the brain active.
Out walking the hounds in the park this morning & i came across an elderly gentleman pushing his elderly wife up a steep incline in a wheelchair. If that isn't love then i don't know what is.

We have / had aWorld War Two airfield on our our doorstep. Owned by the Navy . Right on the beach at Lee on Solent . Acres acres of land , HMS Daedalus, .

Can you imagine what that land was worth . …….

The Borough Council purchased it from the Navy , and decided to develop it . They have sold it off piecemeal over the years despite objections at every decision . Houses have been built , industrial estates , , roads driven through it , the airfield has been turned into a commercial venture , the gliding fraternity have been forced out , and the latest abomination is a Electrical Interconnector Station taking power from Europe and feeding into our Power Systems .
This building ( buildings ) is a kin monster .
The whole thing is owned and run by The National Grid .
There was a very viable and safe alternative site available to everyone only a mile away , the old , disused Oil Refinery at Fawley , it can clearly be seen from the beach at LoS .
But , having been offered £10 million pounds to hand the site at the airfield over , Fareham Council we’re not going to let anything get in the way to sell their soul .
The objections were mountainous , , whole communities were formed , it brought around six “ villages” together trying to get this thing stopped , it went to the government and Fareham broke every rule and even ignored the law of the land to get this thing over the line .
The leader of the council became public enemy number one ,
The leader of the planning committee I could easily have punched in the face , smug , self centred arrogant excuse for a man , .

Today the thing is up and running , Fareham have their money , we have lost a lovely piece of coastal land , and everyone is happy !!!
They have painted it purple to blend in with the surrounding countryside!!!!

"They paved paradise to put up a parking lot"

Disgraceful.

I'm really going to have to change my way of life when I retire. All of these things that '80 and PY etc have mentioned are not on my "to do list". I hate gardening because I don't have the stamina to trim bushes and pull weeds. My asthma is that bad! I can't go for walks as I get out of breath very quickly, although I do try. My resting heart rate is 90 so it doesn't take much to get it to 140. I take so many meds which have a negative mental effect in motivation.

I'm overweight due to taking steroids every day to stay alive. My body no longer makes natural steroid as I've been taking it orally for 35 years every day (doctors orders). I have 3 days to live if I stop taking them. This has caused type 2 diabetes, hypertension etc.

I know, I know. I can hear y'all saying I have to eat organic, exercise and stimulate my mind. Let me tell you, when you feel like I do each day, it's so much easier said than done.

I'm really going to have to change my way of life when I retire. All of these things that '80 and PY etc have mentioned are not on my "to do list". I hate gardening because I don't have the stamina to trim bushes and pull weeds. My asthma is that bad! I can't go for walks as I get out of breath very quickly, although I do try. My resting heart rate is 90 so it doesn't take much to get it to 140. I take so many meds which have a negative mental effect in motivation.

I'm overweight due to taking steroids every day to stay alive. My body no longer makes natural steroid as I've been taking it orally for 35 years every day (doctors orders). I have 3 days to live if I stop taking them. This has caused type 2 diabetes, hypertension etc.

I know, I know. I can hear y'all saying I have to eat organic, exercise and stimulate my mind. Let me tell you, when you feel like I do each day, it's so much easier said than done.
Kin Ell Hod , can I have one of your cars when you go !
In all seriousness mate , that’s a real bummer to have to live like that ..
I’m not sure how it all gets to that sort of level .
just keep on taking the tablets mate . Never have I meant that so much , I’ve often said it as a joke .
As an aside , have you been affected by these mice infestations . Where’s the pied piper when you need him . People are killing up to fifty a day in their houses . I think its pretty widespread , covering several states .

Kin Ell Hod , can I have one of your cars when you go !
In all seriousness mate , that’s a real bummer to have to live like that ..
I’m not sure how it all gets to that sort of level .
just keep on taking the tablets mate . Never have I meant that so much , I’ve often said it as a joke .
As an aside , have you been affected by these mice infestations . Where’s the pied piper when you need him . People are killing up to fifty a day in their houses . I think its pretty widespread , covering several states .

Cheers Walt....

You'll have to fight all of my 7 children for the cars Walt.

No, the mice plague has not made it's way to Queensland as yet. They're having an Arctic blast right up through Victoria and NSW which is stemming the breeding of these little f**kers. The video footage taken by some farmers is incredible. I read an article today saying a farmer had his entire bed eaten my mice, and his pajamas. He estimated approx 5 million mice running rampant through his property of an evening!

Have a good Monday Walt.

I'm done for the day. Nearly 5pm so I'm off to battle the traffic for an hour to get home.

Good morning all .
weather here is lovely ,,really hot . …….
why is it that so many jobs manifest themselves when it’s too hot to do them ?
The car needs washing and cleaning inside .
weeds are springing up on the allotment , the fence paint is falling off in the garden and the gate needs adjusting ,
Sometimes it’s too hot to even get the sunbeds out . !!!!!
It’s nice though to be able to sit outside for breakfast and our evening meal . Something that’s only rarely available to us in this country.

Has anyone seen the photos of Bournemouth Beach yesterday . !

morons , fucking morons . Did one person think “it’s too crowded here , let’s not carry on”…………
Doubt it . As they were searching for enough space to put a towel on the sand , what was going through their minds . …… fucking morons .
Our mate next door , the one who doesn’t get drunk and plies me with exotic drinks , has got a new fella . Good luck to her .
Nice bloke , ,,,, England flag flying in the garden ….. !!!!!!!!

Oh well …..

We are looking after MIL this week as my wife’s sister , who is her carer , is away .
I expect I will be a gibbering wreck by Thursday .
Only joking , I love her to bits , I would love to be as “ fit” as her at 87.
She can’t walk much and can’t get out and about , but is as sharp as a tack .
Brilliant company .
Still got that glint in her eye .
She had us in stitches last week when she was telling us about her courtship , when she was a teenager, …..with a deep sea diver !!!!
Some of the jokes that story was generating was priceless .
We had to stop her when she went on to the next bloke ,,who was a door to door laundry delivery / collector driver . !!!!!!!
Those were the days !

It got us onto discussing all the oiks that made a living off the road .
Knife sharpeners , ice cream sellers , fruit and veg merchants , saucepan repairers , coal men , milkman who pulled their own cart by hand , rag and bone men.

happy days .
We will never see their like again .
Look after each other.

Attachments

• 11D4A75D-7E62-4C1B-BB23-C4023E4722FB.jpeg
    11D4A75D-7E62-4C1B-BB23-C4023E4722FB.jpeg
    163.9 KB · Views: 0
  • CFC13EBA-0B79-4A6A-A4A3-BFE2BD1866F8.jpeg
    CFC13EBA-0B79-4A6A-A4A3-BFE2BD1866F8.jpeg
    131.7 KB · Views: 0
Looking after my daughters 4 kids for 4 days to give the parents a post deep lockdown break....and we have not seen them for over a year now.....pre covid when we went to stay we did sports and activities with the kids all the time. Played board games had meals together chatted..went out, fresh air, got them tired so they slept well...as we did when we brought our three up eons ago!

How lockdown has changed them....lethargic, sleep patterns to shit, all they want to do is nothing but play games on the computers ...addicted I would say, ...trying to re-educate them back again, but is it worth it for 4 days of aggro and growly faces....it is enough to get them to come and all eat together!

Gonna be having serious words with their parents today when they return.....absolutely gobsmacked how the happy grandkids we remember have changed into moody non communicative beings.

Anyone else noticed serious changes in kids behaviours over this horrible viral period?

Jesus Hoddle, what you trying to say? get up n go man! you can do it, and I do agree it probably is easier said than done, baby steps mate, lets get that confidence back, stop the negativity, I/we know you can do it.

Morning all, weaver beautiful again down these parts.

Up early, Mrs PY has been in the Hot Tube, and had her walk out doors down the drive, spotted changes in the street, the ones only spotted by those of the female gender, hand holding no where near as tight, she is getting her confidence back "I think" whet ever good on her, she does make me proud.

Saturday went out in my "Monster Ram 1500" to give it a good clear out, engine wise, do about 60+ miles, which I did, as you all know it is Duel-Fuel, Petrol and LPG, now went to re-fill with LPG to find that every Shell n BP garages I know/use have stopped selling it, so now its bollox where the eff am I going to get it from, the closet garage I have found, that sells it, so far is near Eastleigh Airport, so its a round trip of 36miles to just top up with LPG, it really has pissed me off.

Greavsie, don't get me started on the changes of grandkids, lol!

All for now peops, keep safe n sound.

Looking after my daughters 4 kids for 4 days to give the parents a post deep lockdown break....and we have not seen them for over a year now.....pre covid when we went to stay we did sports and activities with the kids all the time. Played board games had meals together chatted..went out, fresh air, got them tired so they slept well...as we did when we brought our three up eons ago!

How lockdown has changed them....lethargic, sleep patterns to shit, all they want to do is nothing but play games on the computers ...addicted I would say, ...trying to re-educate them back again, but is it worth it for 4 days of aggro and growly faces....it is enough to get them to come and all eat together!

Gonna be having serious words with their parents today when they return.....absolutely gobsmacked how the happy grandkids we remember have changed into moody non communicative beings.

Anyone else noticed serious changes in kids behaviours over this horrible viral period?

Uhhh...what choice did the parents have? Take it easy Greavsie. My boys have been in front of a computer for almost 20 months because there was NOTHING else to do and parents have had to navigate their way around day-to-day life.

Last summer there weren't any jobs here. This summer both of them deliberately applied for physical labour outside jobs . They are back to themselves over the last 3 months since uni finished. It is so great to see.

Give it some time they will bounce back.

Uhhh...what choice did the parents have? Take it easy Greavsie. My boys have been in front of a computer for almost 20 months because there was NOTHING else to do and parents have had to navigate their way around day-to-day life.

Last summer there weren't any jobs here. This summer both of them deliberately applied for physical labour outside jobs . They are back to themselves over the last 3 months since uni finished. It is so great to see.

Give it some time they will bounce back.

hope you are right mate....at the moment I do not recognise them!

What kind of steroids are you on? I've been on them since I was 5 for asthma. And I still am. It controls it.

The mental side of exercising is just as important. Start with a 1K walk every weekday morning. Slowly increase it to 5k. No iPod or any sort of music or input. Just focus on your walking pace. Also, lift weights 3-4 times a week to get your bone density back up from the damage the steroids have caused.

Measure your walking route so it gets easier to track your pace. Use a smartwatch if you have one. Your goal should be 5K rain, shine, or snow within 16 months.

Here is the only weight set you need: https://www.amazon.ca/OGODU-Adjusta...ords=adjustable+weights&qid=1623669712&sr=8-8

You are what you eat. If you are eating the wrong things DON'T BUY THEM AND BRING THEM INTO THE HOUSE. It takes at least two years to change things.

Your existing habits follow you into the next stage of your life.

Stop making excuses. Only you can change things.

What kind of steroids are you on? I've been on them since I was 5 for asthma. And I still am. It controls it.

The mental side of exercising is just as important. Start with a 1K walk every weekday morning. Slowly increase it to 5k. No iPod or any sort of music or input. Just focus on your walking pace. Also, lift weights 3-4 times a week to get your bone density back up from the damage the steroids have caused.

Measure your walking route so it gets easier to track your pace. Use a smartwatch if you have one. Your goal should be 5K rain, shine, or snow within 16 months.

Here is the only weight set you need: https://www.amazon.ca/OGODU-Adjusta...ords=adjustable+weights&qid=1623669712&sr=8-8

You are what you eat. If you are eating the wrong things DON'T BUY THEM AND BRING THEM INTO THE HOUSE. It takes at least two years to change things.

Your existing habits follow you into the next stage of your life.

Stop making excuses. Only you can change things.

Nutrition is key also.

Since I went to mainly a plant based diet 3 years ago I have help control numerous health conditions such as polyps on the Gallbladder, chronic fatigue and opening up my arteries like never before.

I can not recommend herbs and spices enough. Especially Chia seeds, Flax Seeds, Grounded Cinnamon and Ginger. Turmeric and Cayenne Pepper are monsters too.

I have helped my wife reduce her cancer markers with these little tweaks.

Getting in some top end teas like Peppermint, Hibiscus and Chamomile has also changed things.

It has to be a daily thing for years to really see the results. 👍

Life is way too short not to enjoy the pleasures. Just getting the balance correct that is the hardest bit.

I have seen so many people go on these low carb high protein diets. Some look great but man it's a boring lifestyle.

I'm lucky in the main I enjoy exercise. I do have my days where I can't be bothered but who doesn't.