Good Morning Thread | Page 308 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

80 that seems all good in principle......but it won't wash until we find a way to educate, certainly in the UK, the jobs worth local planners who look for the brown envelopes and give the go ahead to nonsense schemes despite local opposition...and override/ignore lack of supporting infrastructure, and total disregard for green spaces, environmental issues, wild life, schools and health (doctorsr/dentsts etc)) to cater for the increased population...rough shod development strategies with mindless short term non visionaries in the decision making chairs. Creating more issues than it solves...to sait the central government targets for new builds.

EDUCATION. Is currently controlled by ancient, archaic thinkers.

Well! afternoon you lot, hazy but warm weaver down ere in these parts.

Mrs PY had her 4th trip outside the front door this morning, she is doing very well, bless her, am so proud of her.

Went up the Ville shit hole town centre this morning, all the cafes packed n busy, and there's no dosh about lol!
Normal Friday market, but no Meat man again, on making enquiries why?, it appears the poor sod had had a heart attack, but is doing ok in his recovery.

Had a couple of cups of char with couple of my oppo's, fellow yids, we had a couple of millenials tell us that they were ex-Spurs fans and now support MC, you can imagine the conversation, pot hunting twats, who will never ever go to watch MC live, esp up in Manx.

All for now peops, keep safe still, we ain't there yet!
Never mind, each to their own, I suppose.

Had a pond emergency when we got home. The shallow one was almost empty. Immediate topping up needed with our pond water back up tank. I think the fountain got dislodged and was pointing at an angle over the edge of the pond, so it sprayed it straight out.
I did tell my wife not to have the fountains running when we were out but she wouldn't have it. Thats twice now it's happened. First time wasn't as bad. This time she can only account for 3 snails out of 5 and she has a long face over it. I of course laughed at her being upset, which didn't go down too well !!

She said.....there you go you can take the piss out of me now on your Spurs forum.

I said no, no, no, that would be insensitive. I won't do that, I promise !!

Good morning all, weaver down these parts, Warmish, Sunny, Cloudy, a bit of a Breeze, classic sunburn weaver, be careful.

Took Mrs PY outside our front door again for the 5th time, trundled down the drive, her grip on my hand is still very hard/tight, we stood at a wall post for 5 mins whilst she checked out the area! front garden landscape lol!
We then returned up the drive to the front door as the Veg man arrived with our weekly fresh veg delivery, got to keep the little business's going around here, doncha know.

Nick, fountain wise, do you think there is a sabateur in your garden, hiding under or in a bush, just waiting for you and Er in Doors to go out, so as to dislodge the fountain so it can get at the snails, very devious some wild things can be.

Well am off up the VIlle, chores to be done and welcome cups of char and chats with oppo's.

Keep smiling, safe and look after your own, cheers all.

Morning Walt and all, yes I followed your story regards the sell off of HMS Daedalus.
In the 70's I did a short "tour" there, ie practice stuff as you can imagine/ helicopters etc.

The whole thing/scenario regards its sell off stinks to high heaven, I know like yourself the locals were up in arms, protests, letters etc to no avail, there were so many other prettier and probably more useful options that could have gone there, but obviously their "brown envelopes" weren't big enough.

As an ex-serviceman and speaking for the locals like yourself, I am so sorry to see such a beautiful base/piece of land go to waste.

Now up this way at the Ville there 2 options that have been put forward, on hold at the mo!, after pulling down/demolishing half our shopping precinct, most of the shops are just shells and eyesore's they certainly are, fcuking foreign landlords, based up the Smoke somewhere, refusing to renew contracts.

The 2 options are designed around 2 or 3 nine storey blocks of flats, approx 263 single occupancy flats, shops underneath, garden area etc, oh! but no car parking area's at all, push bikes only, what the fcuk!
These same flats being built are right next door to our Church and its clock bells, they will obviously be stopped, years of tradition out the bloody window.

The uproar around here is deafening as you can imagine, to me and many other's a drug den is being built, thus ghetto type thing, where are all the occupants going to go for entertainment, except for 2 boozers there is absolutely nout up here.

The Ville's shopping foot fall area is a no go at night now for the aged, imagine what it will be like with all them extra single peops, esp if they are young.

I could go on as there are many other reasons, but the whole thing makes our bloody blood boil.

Small rant over, followed by Bollocks to Havant Council.

Stay safe and keep smiling all.
Wow Pompey , I had no idea that shopping area had been closed down like that .
When I was at work , seven years ago , I would be in an around that area quite often . It was a vibrant centre with many shops you wouldn’t find anywhere else .
There were two big Building Centres , … Jewsons and Wickes that I used to go to a lot to order materials for the lads , . Are they still there . ?
Is the pub still there , that was always busy , especially weekends with live groups ( The Volunteer ? )

. The practise of putting out plans , getting the local population angry , having meetings , getting the plans turned down , going to appeals , having the appeal turned down , putting in amended plans and eventually getting what they actually wanted in the first place , because the first plan was just a wind up , and the whole process had worn down the resolve of the majority of the locals , has been going on forever .
The same thing will happen with the houses the developers want to build on the Stragetic Gap in our area .
Two boroughs will eventually be merged into one gigantic housing estate , green fields lost forever , wild life driven out , vegetation destroyed forever , and pollution will take over in this part of the world ,
and a group of money men will be significantly richer .

And , yes , they will sleep easily at night because it’s what they do , and they do it very well .
:rant:

Wow Pompey , I had no idea that shopping area had been closed down like that .
When I was at work , seven years ago , I would be in an around that area quite often . It was a vibrant centre with many shops you wouldn’t find anywhere else .
There were two big Building Centres , … Jewsons and Wickes that I used to go to a lot to order materials for the lads , . Are they still there . ?
Is the pub still there , that was always busy , especially weekends with live groups ( The Volunteer ? )

. The practise of putting out plans , getting the local population angry , having meetings , getting the plans turned down , going to appeals , having the appeal turned down , putting in amended plans and eventually getting what they actually wanted in the first place , because the first plan was just a wind up , and the whole process had worn down the resolve of the majority of the locals , has been going on forever .
The same thing will happen with the houses the developers want to build on the Stragetic Gap in our area .
Two boroughs will eventually be merged into one gigantic housing estate , green fields lost forever , wild life driven out , vegetation destroyed forever , and pollution will take over in this part of the world ,
and a group of money men will be significantly richer .

And , yes , they will sleep easily at night because it’s what they do , and they do it very well .
:rant:
Afternoon Walt, Vibrant centre haha your avin a laugh, agreed it was but the whole place is being killed off by Havant Council, the wankers, they give permission to build houses then some more, plenty of brown envelopes me thinks, they see the VIlle as a money making scheme, rates for private gaffs, and they milk it for all is worth.

You mention the pubs, The Heroes, by the roundabout is functioning, just!, next door is the Denmead Queen, Witherspoons pub, The Wellington gone, now a wine bar, not for long me thinks.
The "Volunteer" = ? not sure what your talking about there, Horndean boozer, part of the Brewery, gone a while now, used too have live Rock band's weekly, that's the only one I can think of.
Other than the 2 boozer's which are crap, I must admit there is absolutely fcuk all here, and they want to add 263no single persons flats, so well thought of.

Only Wicks around here now, Jewsons gone, flats instead, ok there is a small depot down in Denmead.
Waitrose, McDonalds to name just 2 of the bigger outfits gone, though Maccy D's have opened a drive thru' out of the town.

As I have said before, Coffee shops, Hairdressers, Nail parlour's, Charity shops, Take always, Estate agents, 6 banks etc and not forgetting the closed shop shells/eyesores make up 90% of the Ville, basically it is a "SHIT hole" and I moved here whilst still in service in 1980, thus a resident for 41 years, it was such a lovely/beautiful place then, the changes I/we have witnessed are all total shite and as I said before caused by the greedy bastards of HBC.

If you want decent men's clothing, suits n shirts etc, you have to got to Pompey, as I think about it there isn't any real Ladies shops either.

Well that's my rant over, there is loads more, lol!

Have a great day Walt, and that's a ditto to all my fellow Yids.

Last edited:
Afternoon Walt, Vibrant centre haha your avin a laugh, agreed it was but the whole place is being killed off by Havant Council, the wankers, they give permission to build houses then some more, plenty of brown envelopes me thinks, they see the VIlle as a money making scheme, rates for private gaffs, and they milk it for all is worth.

You mention the pubs, The Heroes, by the roundabout is functioning, just!, next door is the Denmead Queen, Witherspoons pub, The Wellington gone, now a wine bar, not for long me thinks.
The "Volunteer" = ? not sure what your talking about there, Horndean boozer, part of the Brewery, gone a while now, used too have live Rock band's weekly, that's the only one I can think of.
Other than the 2 boozer's which are crap, I must admit there is absolutely fcuk all here, and they want to add 263no single persons flats, so well thought of.

Only Wicks around here now, Jewsons gone, flats instead, ok there is a small depot down in Denmead.
Waitrose, McDonalds to name just 2 of the bigger outfits gone, though Maccy D's have opened a drive thru' out of the town.

As I have said before, Coffee shops, Hairdressers, Nail parlour's, Charity shops, Take always, Estate agents, 6 banks etc and not forgetting the closed shop shells/eyesores make up 90% of the Ville, basically it is a "SHIT hole" and I moved here whilst still in service in 1980, thus a resident for 41 years, it was such a lovely/beautiful place then, the changes I/we have witnessed are all total shite and as I said before caused by the greedy bastards of HBC.

If you want decent men's clothing, suits n shirts etc, you have to got to Pompey, as I think about it there isn't any real Ladies shops either.

Well that's my rant over, there is loads more, lol!

Have a great day Walt, and that's a ditto to all my fellow Yids.
Of course , it was The Heroes . Sorry mate . Thanks for reminding me .
it’s a real shame about the ‘Ville .

LOL when I hit 40 it was like I fell off a cliff. Great...wonder what 50 has in store for me.

There is a really good book called younger next year. In a nutshell, you have to work hard to maintain your health and you need to develop all the right habits and keep at it. Nothing new, just a good reminder.

As a good friend of mine once said retirement is for pussies. He wasn't referring to events like USAF or Pompey retiring from the military, he was referring to becoming a mental vegetable after you leave your first vocation. All that wisdom in those highly skilled brains needs to be utilized and exercised regularly. It's even better if you do something completely different. Wisdom is transferrable.

Crosswords and anagrams are a good foil against mental decay but nothing beats having a purpose. A mission. It doesn't have to be anything spectacular but you have to be passionate about it. Without purpose and passion, your drive will fade and your health will fail faster. I've watched it happen too many times. It will not happen to me.

One of my favourite quotes of all time from Jack London, in my mind if you do this, you will live longer:

“I would rather be ashes than dust!
I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry-rot.
I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
I shall not waste my days trying to prolong them.
I shall use my time.”

There is a really good book called younger next year. In a nutshell, you have to work hard to maintain your health and you need to develop all the right habits and keep at it. Nothing new, just a good reminder.

As a good friend of mine once said retirement is for pussies. He wasn't referring to events like USAF or Pompey retiring from the military, he was referring to becoming a mental vegetable after you leave your first vocation. All that wisdom in those highly skilled brains needs to be utilized and exercised regularly. It's even better if you do something completely different. Wisdom is transferrable.

Crosswords and anagrams are a good foil against mental decay but nothing beats having a purpose. A mission. It doesn't have to be anything spectacular but you have to be passionate about it. Without purpose and passion, your drive will fade and your health will fail faster. I've watched it happen too many times. It will not happen to me.

One of my favourite quotes of all time from Jack London, in my mind if you do this, you will live longer:

I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry-rot.
I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.
I shall use my time.”

Great post 80! Kudos brother, couldn't agree more!

I shall use my time.”
Am with USAF there 80, all that is written is most certainly true.

Retiring from my military days haha! the main thing that really still come's to mind when my final day was done, it was, just imagine this after all them years of being looked after, your Out! your standing outside the gate, a suitcase in both hands of all your worldly military service belongings inside, you stand there having a think! and you say to yourself "what the fcuk am I going to do now!" lol! you answer I have a family that is depending on me, so holiday first, a good think n discussion with the missus, because do not forget it is all change for her also, and then get back on the ride that is work/life, I have never looked back with regrets.

Though I am a spouse Carer now, proud to do it and its most certainly not a job to look down upon, am also retired from work, as in running my own/our business, I awake every morning looking forward to what's install for me, incl Mrs PY, that day.

As you know I have a major interest in wildlife/birds and the rescuing of Dogs, which is so fulfilling, thus with my weight training/bike work outs my day is quite full, but must not forget watching my/our team Spurs., whether it be live or on tv.

You wrote about anagrams n crossword, one of my fave past times, I do the Express n local Evening News Cryptic crosswords everyday/evening, yes there are more difficult ones, but those two still at times fcuk me up lol! it does keep the brain active.