2021 Summer Transfer Thread | Page 51 | Vital Football

2021 Summer Transfer Thread

After 2 weeks of Covid, and the accompanying shits, my first recovery motion took 30 mins to tease out. I actually burst a blood vessel in my eye cramming.

I'm on prescription painkillers so I think my body has got used to them hence the extraordinary evening poop
Been on prescription painkillers for ten years now as well as anti-inflammatories when my body allows. Every time I go it’s Russian roulette. Will I pop a blood vessel trying to get it out or will it be like instant pebble dash…?

Mission accomplished you'll all be glad to know.

Set of on my bike at 6.45am for a laxative only to get 200 yards and realise the riding position was just giving me cramps. Came back with high hopes and a couple of torturous hours later I'm the proud father of a log so hard you could use it as a cosh.
Congratulations.
Sounds familiar. I'm sure mine still had the corners of the ascending, transverse and descending colon.

Seeing that we're right off transfers, try this.
An old fogy physician, Dr "Geezer" was bored in retirement so decided to open a medical clinic.
He put up a sign which said "Get your treatment for $500 - if not cured get back $1,000.
Doctor "Young Gen" was positive that the old fogy knew nothing about medicine and thought that this was a good chance to get$1,000.
So he went to Dr Geezer's clinic and said " Dr, I have lost my sense of taste, can you help".
Dr Geezer said "Nurse, please bring medicine from box 22 and put 3 drops in Dr. Young's mouth"
Dr. Young "Aaagh - this is petrol".
Dr. Geezer "Congratulations, you have your sense of taste back, that will be $500 please".
Dr. Young was annoyed and was back next day trying to get his money back.
Dr. Young "I have lost my memory, can't remember a thing".
Dr. Geezer "Nurse, please bring medicine from bowl 22 and put 3 drops in the patient's mouth".
Dr. Young "Oh no you don't - that's petrol".
Dr. Geezer "Congratulations, you've got your memory back, that will be $500.
After a few more days Dr. Young is back trying to recoup his $1,000 "My vision has become weak".
Dr. Geezer "I don't have any medicine for that so here's your $1,000 back"
and with that hands him a $10 note.
Dr. Young " But this is only $10".
Dr. Geezer "You got your vision back, that will be $500".

I think there may be a moral here somewhere.

:whist:

Cairney is not worth £10m. I’ve seen him play for Fulham in efl and the prem and he is at best a £2m player.
If they want to shell out £10m for a close to washed up Championship player then great. If he was going for £2m then that’s different but Sheff Utd seem intent on pursuing a policy of paying way over the odds for players…

If they want to shell out £10m for a close to washed up Championship player then great. If he was going for £2m then that’s different but Sheff Utd seem intent on pursuing a policy of paying way over the odds for players…
I'm not sure I would say Cairney is "washed up".

He's an excellent championship performer.

His age means a deal of £10m at this level makes no financial sense, and even for a club that's got it, seems a poor investment

Someone just paid 15000 euro for a sculpture of air....yep you read right. The “artist” came up with some deep and meaningful bullshite and someone paid for it...

Had no idea Cairney was 30. Isn't he originally from Nottingham?

10m seems far too much, but if we paid 13m for Carvalho, then this is extremely good value.

No, it doesn't.

His market value is not just the last few someone bid for him.

What someone is willing to pay and what be is worth are different things

Well, Cairney's worth is dictated by the market, so it could be 10m...on the other hand his arbitrary value is subjective.

Why are Prem footballers paid £200k pw, yet nurses aren't?
Surely one group is valuable to society and the other not?

Probably...but if someone dictates (government via taxation and their chances of retaining power following the next General Election vs a billionaire and the clubs supporters) footie players are worthwhile commodities, well that becomes their market value.

https://www.sapling.com/8785703/differences-between-value-worth

I'm not sure I would say Cairney is "washed up".

He's an excellent championship performer.

His age means a deal of £10m at this level makes no financial sense, and even for a club that's got it, seems a poor investment
That’s why ‘close to’. Depending on injuries and motivation I would think he has between 1 and 3 seasons in him. He doesn’t seem like the sort of player who would be half as good once his mobility goes.

Well, Cairney's worth is dictated by the market, so it could be 10m...on the other hand his arbitrary value is subjective.

Why are Prem footballers paid £200k pw, yet nurses aren't?
Surely one group is valuable to society and the other not?

Probably...but if someone dictates (government via taxation and their chances of retaining power following the next General Election vs a billionaire and the clubs supporters) footie players are worthwhile commodities, well that becomes their market value.

https://www.sapling.com/8785703/differences-between-value-worth
Wages are different entirely

The market value is better determined by an estimate of what a number of clubs would be willing to pay, not just one with money burning a hole in its pocket.

Is Neymar's market value truly £200m just because that was what PSG were willing to pay? Is anyone else willing to pay that? Or able to?

But if Man Utd, Barcelona, Juventus etc were all happy to pay £140m to take him from PSG, wouldn't that be his real market value?