The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 135 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the look of him. Strong, intelligent playing on the shoulders of the defender. Similar to Ollie.
Didn't get caught offside too much in the youth final. His penalty was sublime.
Perhaps loaning him out would be good for his development.
Maybe a season at Notts County. Did'nt do Jack any harm.

People get too caught up with the odd result or dip in form... Its exciting times as a Villa fan in my opinion.. with the right additions and keeping Jack we should be able to progress. I'm not expecting miracles this season but a further improvement on last season and I'll be happy. To be challenging the top 6 will be a very good season imo. I dont want Tammy, I love the guy but dont think he'd be an improvement necessarily for us. There has to be better out there for the sort of money thats being quoted..

People get too caught up with the odd result or dip in form... Its exciting times as a Villa fan in my opinion.. with the right additions and keeping Jack we should be able to progress. I'm not expecting miracles this season but a further improvement on last season and I'll be happy. To be challenging the top 6 will be a very good season imo. I dont want Tammy, I love the guy but dont think he'd be an improvement necessarily for us. There has to be better out there for the sort of money thats being quoted..

Great post and fully agree.

That ex spurs keeper in a free would be good cover, we've done alright getting 'reserve' keepers from North London recently.

If Guilbert is happy to stay on the bench / be cover then we're OK for RB, but cover for targett is needed. Not sure on Engels is top half prem quality, maybe another centre back cover too, unless Davis fancies a change of role?

I would like to have another option to Watkins up top... I think ollie was brilliant last year and delighted for his success.... but he might get sussed this season by opposition this season and no harm giving the chap a break / option for a change of tactics. Gradually drip Barry and Young into squads if they're ready or maybe Lange could recruit a 6m-10m striker from abroad.

I want there to be options on the bench, people who can come on and change things, I hated playing big teams over the years who's bench was on par with our best team. I want there to be a different starting 11 based on who we're playing, not the same team, range formation, same subs.

With buendia signed and rumours of JWP, it's definitive shaping up nicely

That ex spurs keeper in a free would be good cover, we've done alright getting 'reserve' keepers from North London recently.

If Guilbert is happy to stay on the bench / be cover then we're OK for RB, but cover for targett is needed. Not sure on Engels is top half prem quality, maybe another centre back cover too, unless Davis fancies a change of role?

I would like to have another option to Watkins up top... I think ollie was brilliant last year and delighted for his success.... but he might get sussed this season by opposition this season and no harm giving the chap a break / option for a change of tactics. Gradually drip Barry and Young into squads if they're ready or maybe Lange could recruit a 6m-10m striker from abroad.

I want there to be options on the bench, people who can come on and change things, I hated playing big teams over the years who's bench was on par with our best team. I want there to be a different starting 11 based on who we're playing, not the same team, range formation, same subs.

With buendia signed and rumours of JWP, it's definitive shaping up nicely

The time for him to make that call was when he was 15. Far too late now.

Not sure why Tammy is being talked about so much. That ain't happening. Just because he was with us, don't forget he was a Bruce signing.

Still . Doesn't change the fact that we need a striker. If we won't spend big bucks then we need to find a bargain.

I would not be comfortable at all going into next season with only Ollie . Would be highly foolish to rely on a player who had a career threatening injury that hasn't started a match in 20 months.

And Keinan :lol:
Traore 71 appearances at CF for 38 goals 11 assists

Can we stop this absurd converting Davis to centre back talk please. We are supposed to be going for top 6 . :slap:

There's nothing absurd about the thinking behind converting Davis to a centre-back.
He's a big unit, not easily knocked off the ball.
He's quite pacy for a big unit.
With his height he could be quite dominant in the air.

If we did convert him, he wouldn't be the first centre-forward we'd have successfully turned into a centre-half. Alan Evans for example.

Deano stated earlier that he was excited at the players the transfer team were looking to bring in. Can't see him including King, Hughes Wood in that category. I actually think the Buendia was a must if MAN City stump up the £100 million for Jack.

We can’t do much with 100m for what Jack does for the team, he improves everyone around him, I just can’t see Emi Buendia signing for us and then we sell Grealish, I watched his 8minute interview and the objective next season is getting into Europe, I think we’ve got another big signing in the making, you don’t rely on one incoming to get Europe for you when Grealish was out for a 1/3rd of it, next season it could be half the season we just don’t know.

Now if he has a cracking Euro’s and 150m+ gets talked about maybe that would be enough, If the owners have the ambitions as they say. I really don’t see how we’re selling Grealish at 100m, if he was at any other top club they wouldn’t accept 100m.

There's nothing absurd about the thinking behind converting Davis to a centre-back.
He's a big unit, not easily knocked off the ball.
He's quite pacy for a big unit.
With his height he could be quite dominant in the air.

If we did convert him, he wouldn't be the first centre-forward we'd have successfully turned into a centre-half. Alan Evans for example.

No.
It‘s absurd .

But if there is a more recent example of a forward being turned into a permanent defender for a premier league top 6 side then please educate me. An example from 40 years ago when the game was a different world from today is hardly a compelling case.
This is the real world not Fifia .

Davis v Kane . Can’t wait . :slap:

We can’t do much with 100m for what Jack does for the team, he improves everyone around him, I just can’t see Emi Buendia signing for us and then we sell Grealish, I watched his 8minute interview and the objective next season is getting into Europe, I think we’ve got another big signing in the making, you don’t rely on one incoming to get Europe for you when Grealish was out for a 1/3rd of it, next season it could be half the season we just don’t know.

Now if he has a cracking Euro’s and 150m+ gets talked about maybe that would be enough, If the owners have the ambitions as they say. I really don’t see how we’re selling Grealish at 100m, if he was at any other top club they wouldn’t accept 100m.
I reckon we'll make 2 more big signings and we'll be top 6 next season

They'd have to accept any buyout clause if there is one. In any case if nothing happens until after the Euros I'd be pretty worried about us being held to ransom with clubs knowing we have to plug a gap.

Status
Not open for further replies.