2021 Summer Transfer Thread | Page 50 | Vital Football

2021 Summer Transfer Thread

Because they have the resources to never allow themselves to be on a level like ours again and we will never be managed properly enough as a club to rise to their level.
They did last time they came down from the PL too, but they went down to L1 and spent 6 years there.

SU now have two years of very big parachute payments and 2 years of fairly small parachute payments. That is their entire advantage. Their ground is almost identical to ours.

As for "rising to their level", I rather think they have sunk to ours; we are in the same division

They did last time they came down from the PL too, but they went down to L1 and spent 6 years there.

SU now have two years of very big parachute payments and 2 years of fairly small parachute payments. That is their entire advantage. Their ground is almost identical to ours.

As for "rising to their level", I rather think they have sunk to ours; we are in the same division
Yeah, but the money has been mental. I think it was Cardiff who earned more for finishing last, than the previous seasons winners. A year of that would do me. Boing boing Forest.

We may be in the same division, but what chance do we have of finishing anywhere near them in the league?

Very little, I would say.

They have good players. We don't.

We may be in the same division, but what chance do we have of finishing anywhere near them in the league?

Very little, I would say.

They have good players. We don't.
That's a silly statement.

You never know in the championship.

You could have said the same of Wolves and Sunderland a few years ago, who both went straight down.

I 100% thought Stoke would win the league in 19-20 but we finished well above them with only one striker at the club.

My hopes are very low for this season given the state of our squad but you absolutely can never predict anything at this level and no one is ever permanently ahead of anyone else.

Osborn isn't good enough to play for Sheffield United (he might be this coming season if a few leave), but bar Worrall and Samba at a push, who do we do we even have in the same league as him?

I might be the only one but i do think that the best striker we can go for is Britt.

He is a goal scorer at this level and available on a free. Give him a good signing on bonus and lower wages and a 2 year deal.

I know there are mixed thoughts on how he left and the likes but i think CH can get 20 goals and also give grabban much needed competition.

Brennan and mighten hopefully are in the team next season.
Maybe someone could get in touch with his God?

I had a tooth pulled on Tuesday and have been popping pain killers like smarties, upshot is I've a giant log inside me that's fossilised and won't come out.
After breaking my leg and dislocating my ankle I spent a week in hospital, mostly waiting for the swelling to go down before they could operate and injecting morphine - first from the nurses and latterly using the self administered clicker.
The cable I laid after that was one of the most painful moments of my life.
There are more details available for this story on request.

In my last month before retiring I carelessly stood on the edge of a kerb and sprained my ankle.

That was painful - second time I'd done it. Back pain from what the doctor said was a squashed, not slipped disc (get it right!), over 25 years ago (and recurring every now and then), was far worse.

But maybe the highlight was closing a train door on my thumb on the way to Saturday morning school in the 1960s. That really smarted.

After breaking my leg and dislocating my ankle I spent a week in hospital, mostly waiting for the swelling to go down before they could operate and injecting morphine - first from the nurses and latterly using the self administered clicker.
The cable I laid after that was one of the most painful moments of my life.
There are more details available for this story on request.

Similar experience after laying my bike down and seeing how many pieces I could break my shoulder into...

Similar experience after laying my bike down and seeing how many pieces I could break my shoulder into...

Im still racing about on my old yammy cross bike. Folded it last year and broke my foot, still aches. After that I went n bought all the gear, figured, shit, my bones used to bounce, dont want them breaking again. Bought some decent boots which took me about 2 months to find the colours I like and the best value for money offer from the whole of Europe lol bought some shin guards n body plates etc..
If ive been out 30 times for a razz since, I think ive put 'any' gear on once :/

I might be the only one but i do think that the best striker we can go for is Britt.

He is a goal scorer at this level and available on a free. Give him a good signing on bonus and lower wages and a 2 year deal.

I know there are mixed thoughts on how he left and the likes but i think CH can get 20 goals and also give grabban much needed competition.

Brennan and mighten hopefully are in the team next season.
I actually said cple of weeks ago that we could well end up with about 3 loanees from the Prem, a couple lower league signings and Brit.. Simply cos of the finances. And I dont really see a striker we could get even if we had another ten million by selling Woz. Brits as old as Id want anyone but on a free, he's still class on his day and someone to actually play the 9 role well.

Watchin El Tel on the Shearer thing at mo, he was a good coach

We will NEVER be able to compete with Sheffield United EVER again.
Bit strong... Once we start actually rolling we will be the size they could never achieve. Just gotto start rolling, heavy shits always like that, especially when its uphill. :)

Osborn isn't good enough to play for Sheffield United (he might be this coming season if a few leave), but bar Worrall and Samba at a push, who do we do we even have in the same league as him?
Mckenna, maybe 3 or 4 of the youngsters, potential in players like Soh, lolley if he actually did get fit, maybe 3 or 4 decent players coming in. Prob dont need 11 players as good as Woz to be up there. A few good uns and then the solid ones being solid and them being consistent is all it takes. We still have better facilities and staff and money than half the league so we arent really starting from the bottom, half way maybe.

Tell you what tho, id like to see the club come out and say the aim is top 2. Thats the prize. We always staye play offs which is kinda for the losers :)

After 2 weeks of Covid, and the accompanying shits, my first recovery motion took 30 mins to tease out. I actually burst a blood vessel in my eye cramming.

I'm on prescription painkillers so I think my body has got used to them hence the extraordinary evening poop