The Euros Summer 2021 Official Thread (2020) | Page 38 | Vital Football

The Euros Summer 2021 Official Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw a good article on this topic on sky sports new earlier.
https://www.skysports.com/football/...rts-writers-pick-their-xis-for-wembley-opener

Stealing a blueprint:

The England team I think Southgate will play:
(3-4-3): Pickford; Walker, Stones, Mings; James, Philips, Rice, Chilwell; Sterling, Kane, Mount.
The England team I would play:
(4-1-3-2): Pickford; Walker, Stones, White, Shaw; Rice; Foden, Mount, Grealish; Sterling, Kane.

Saw a good article on this topic on sky sports new earlier.
https://www.skysports.com/football/...rts-writers-pick-their-xis-for-wembley-opener

Stealing a blueprint:

The England team I think Southgate will play:
(3-4-3): Pickford; Walker, Stones, Mings; James, Philips, Rice, Chilwell; Sterling, Kane, Mount.
The England team I would play:
(4-1-3-2): Pickford; Walker, Stones, White, Shaw; Rice; Foden, Mount, Grealish; Sterling, Kane.

Only an incompetent fool like him would play 2 fucking holding midfielders despite the wealth of attacking talent at his disposal.

He'll play two holding midfielders because he doesn't trust the defence. That includes Pickford, who is always likely to do something daft. If he gets Maguire back he might be more adventurous.

Just heard that apparently we've never won our opening game at the Euros! I guess this probably means a bore draw and every man and his dog giving Gareth pelters for not picking our best players

Yes Portugal didn’t win any of their group games last time and still went on to win it. Just don’t get the feeling England will do that though. We’re usually ok against the also rans, its when we meet one of the top teams we invariably crumble

To my mind Portugal look a good bet to win, they've got a very strong looking squad. Funny to see a 37 year old Jose Fonte still in the mix though.

Imagine Rice and Phillips in central midfield, two nothing players.

I have come around to the fact that Rice is a good player, but you don’t need two of them sat there. It’s one less forward passing option, plus Mount and jack are better defensively than perhaps the average TV fan realises.

I have come around to the fact that Rice is a good player, but you don’t need two of them sat there. It’s one less forward passing option, plus Mount and jack are better defensively than perhaps the average TV fan realises.
I think the guy is the epitome of average to be honest.

Jack should be second name on the team sheet after Kane.

Better than Foden, Sterling , Mount and Pele.

(ok the last example is probably not correct).

I think the guy is the epitome of average to be honest.

I did think he was overhyped, but having watched him a bit more I think he’s better than I originally thought. But he’s no Makalele which is what everyone inside the M25 seems to think

It's hard to say that Jack is better than Foden given what Foden has already acheived at such a young age and the fact he's a massive part of one of the best teams in the world.

Honestly think Jack needs to play at that level before we can make that claim. At the moment Foden edges it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.