The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 134 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dilemma.
Getting in a Tammy type will expect 1st team footy. That means Olly moving to the wing.
Therefore, choosing a back up is more problematic. Either a young one or and old one looking for a final pay day, which I doubt.
Alternatively perhaps he'll settle for Wesley.

What about Nketiah from Arsenal. 15 mill muted?

Dilemma.
Getting in a Tammy type will expect 1st team footy. That means Olly moving to the wing.
Therefore, choosing a back up is more problematic. Either a young one or and old one looking for a final pay day, which I doubt.

Must admit he looks like a pile of shite to me. His goal scoring record is Danny Wellbeck standards as well.

Dilemma.

Nketiah strikes me as a Rhian Brewster, Solanke type. Arsenal are just waiting for some stupid club to offer 10m plus for him.

At 20m we would be but at 40m not a chance. Tammy wanted to play for Chelsea he's blown it now. They are looking at top drawer players now. He had his chance to push through a move to us and didn't.

As much as I love Tammy, I have to agree.. that ship has sailed now, just like Rashica.. I also agree that I dont think we are interested in Tammy at that price anyway. I dont really see us doing many more big signing in the frontline positions. Possibly 1 in midfield and a couple of defenders along with a 2nd keeper and that'll be us. I'm not expecting many more big signings..

Not sure why Tammy is being talked about so much. That ain't happening. Just because he was with us, don't forget he was a Bruce signing.

Still . Doesn't change the fact that we need a striker. If we won't spend big bucks then we need to find a bargain.

I would not be comfortable at all going into next season with only Ollie . Would be highly foolish to rely on a player who had a career threatening injury that hasn't started a match in 20 months.

And Keinan :lol:

Not sure why Tammy is being talked about so much. That ain't happening. Just because he was with us, don't forget he was a Bruce signing.

Still . Doesn't change the fact that we need a striker. If we won't spend big bucks then we need to find a bargain.

I would not be comfortable at all going into next season with only Ollie . Would be highly foolish to rely on a player who had a career threatening injury that hasn't started a match in 20 months.

And Keinan :lol:

Poor Keinan :D :D

We need a balanced attack. But there are different forms of balanced attack. DS seems to go for a system where one player is the lead attacker, but others are expected to chip in. It's possible to split the lead attacker role between two players, but not sure he's keen on that, the exception being when we're chasing a match; maybe he isn't because it weakens the attacking midfield.

Then again maybe one doesn't need a lead attacker, but it does demand the attacking midfielders pull out the stops. It's possible that the option of Wesley and Keinan as backups falls within DS's preferences. There's also Chukw to consider.

I think that if DS finds a striker he thinks can fit with what we've got, possibly Tammy possibly not, then he'll go for him. Otherwise he'll strengthen in other ways.

As much as I love Tammy, I have to agree.. that ship has sailed now, just like Rashica.. I also agree that I dont think we are interested in Tammy at that price anyway. I dont really see us doing many more big signing in the frontline positions. Possibly 1 in midfield and a couple of defenders along with a 2nd keeper and that'll be us. I'm not expecting many more big signings..

I think we could do with a left winger and I'd love that to be Marcus Thuram from Borussia Monchengladbach.
29 games last season with 8 goals and 7 assists.
He can play either wing or as a centreforward.
He's about 6' 3" or 4" and 23 or 4 years old.
Available for a reduced 35 million euro's or there about.

Pape Sarr seems to cover the midfield. If the stories are true.

As for defenders, we could do with a leftback and a right sided centreback.

There was a piece in some rag or other at the end of the season, that suggested we were interested in offering Paulo Gazznigga a contract, as his contract at Spurs had run out. A decent keeper for nothing seems like a no-brainer.

As long as you have 2 or 3 attacking mids prepared to run beyond the striker then we only need to play a single striker and that means 3 players who can play striker at the club. Wesley, unproven and back from injury, is a risk, and I think Keinan's simply not good enough even as a back up. Bert can play up front, so it's not an emergency, but another striker in the first team would be welcome.

We're stupid enough to not be.

We take one step forward and three back!
This doesn't compute to me. I don't think he's all that good and I'd personally rather us spend £40m (which is around what Chelsea want) improving the first team. Watkins to me is a better player and Smith isn't going to play two up top.

All we have done under Smith is take steps forward IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.