Euros 20/21 Thread | Page 6 | Vital Football

Euros 20/21 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see the Euros is exclusive to Optus Sport. Is that big in the UK as I haven’t come across it here in Aus. Is it being streamed anywhere else or do us real football fans have to miss out again because of big business paying more money for an exclusive contract ?
Or am I just out of touch 🙄

Fortunately still free to air on BBC and ITV here in the UK. Not sure if you have the capability of streaming via the IPlayer or ITV Hub down under?

I'm always cautious predicting our chances in to tournaments. The media seem to have tempered the manic nationalistic approach of recent years and Russia was great example of what this young England can achieve when left to its own devises. There are some interesting opinions regarding Southgate and the players. For me Southgate is great ambassador for our Nation. The way we play reflects the modern game .He also embraces the multi cultural identity of today's England .I can only hope we do well this time around .Maybe like the Imps the good times could coming again? Fingers crossed

Watching the England v Scotland game in the 'Patio trasero de la calle Kirkby' back in 96' was a great day ... can't believe it was 25 years ago?

I see the Euros is exclusive to Optus Sport. Is that big in the UK as I haven’t come across it here in Aus. Is it being streamed anywhere else or do us real football fans have to miss out again because of big business paying more money for an exclusive contract ?
Or am I just out of touch 🙄

Just download a decent VPN to your iPad (or whatever) and set your address to England ... and you can watch them all for free.

Not sure if you can actually watch on the UEFA website itself (or if it will prevent you in some world regions)

Watching the England v Scotland game in the 'Patio trasero de la calle Kirkby' back in 96' was a great day ... can't believe it was 25 years ago?
Happy days.

The England v Spain QF coincided with our kids' primary school fete, one enterprising dad rigged up a big screen in the hall, the committee ensured the bar was well stocked. Few dads or lads were seen at the outside stalls and activities all afternoon. None of the organisation allowed for the extra time and penalties but bar takings ensured all records were broken for sums raised and a few with shredded nerves staggered home afterwards, all praising Psycho's penalty redemption.

I'm always cautious predicting our chances in to tournaments. The media seem to have tempered the manic nationalistic approach of recent years and Russia was great example of what this young England can achieve when left to its own devises. There are some interesting opinions regarding Southgate and the players. For me Southgate is great ambassador for our Nation. The way we play reflects the modern game .He also embraces the multi cultural identity of today's England .I can only hope we do well this time around .Maybe like the Imps the good times could coming again? Fingers crossed
So what did the young England team achieve. We beat Tunisia and Panama, probably the weakest 2 teams at the tournament and lost to Belgium. We scrambled past the mighty Columbia on penalties and then beat the all conquering Sweden before losing to Croatia and then Belgium again. So we actually won 3 games, drew 1 ( won on pens) and lost 3 and this after we had been given about the most favourable route to a World Cup final any team could dream of. I would’t call that achieving anything other than being average.

So what did the young England team achieve. We beat Tunisia and Panama, probably the weakest 2 teams at the tournament and lost to Belgium. We scrambled past the mighty Columbia on penalties and then beat the all conquering Sweden before losing to Croatia and then Belgium again. So we actually won 3 games, drew 1 ( won on pens) and lost 3 and this after we had been given about the most favourable route to a World Cup final any team could dream of. I would’t call that achieving anything other than being average.
Couldn't agree more. We beat those we would expect to beat. The good teams we played, beat us. One of them twice.
As much as I'd like to be enthusiastic about our chances, I think we will scramble out of the group and lose the next game. If Southgate ditches his "safety first" attitude, and let's the likes of Foden lose, we may do much better. We will, likely, draw the first game because Gareth doesn't want to lose it!

My biggest problem with Euros and World Cups is I use closed season to catch up with all those other life interests I have that I have to put to one side to fit Lincoln City into my life. I hope, but do not expect, England will do sort odlf all right. Now, can I have some time on my allotment, running, cycling, hiking, taking landscape or urban photography please?

If England get to the final I will watch. As for the other matches involving England if Jules gets to the remote 1st I will have a sneaky look. As for matches not involving England I can say I have no interest at all.

It's been pretty well advertised to be fair. You expecting a personal letter to make you aware??
You're right , changing viewing habits mean normal telly is a thing of the past for me, so the advertising has probably passed me by . I suppose I'm referring more to the gradually diminishing relevance of international football in the modern game.

You're right , changing viewing habits mean normal telly is a thing of the past for me, so the advertising has probably passed me by . I suppose I'm referring more to the gradually diminishing relevance of international football in the modern game.

Fair enough

Status
Not open for further replies.