Everything you need to know about Ismaila Coulibaly | Vital Football

Everything you need to know about Ismaila Coulibaly

I hope to God we haven't rejected over £12m.
HE LOOKS LIKE BEING WORTH double if not treble that ,so why would we take 12 million, if we took 12 million from say AC MILAN then they sold him for 60 million to paris SG , we,d be the typical united again would we not. we need to keep him and ramsdale get them in our team and no one elses . the amount of time weve sold top players for peanuts. hold on to him ,its a no brainer for me.

The only way we could currently justify rejecting £12m is if we're planning to bring him here as a starter next season.

Having such an asset out on loan would be insanity.

I wouldn't reject £12m for Brewster.
I think we need to get some creativity in the team and a decent midfield before we write Brewster off. He has scored goals at every level he has played at before SUFC. If he does not improve under Slav i agree but give him some time first.

It's ok bigging him up but he has never played for an English club. The game is very different over here compared to the Belgian league who has one or two decent clubs. The Championship standard will be higher than most of the teams he has played against.

I'm not suggesting that he won't be any good, however, I would like to see him at the Lane and give him a try

Apart from highlights on Youtube and his stats I just don't know enough about the kid to make a confident judgement. He could come to Sheffield and be our best box-to-boxer or he could struggle with the pace of the Championship. He's thriving in a 4-2-3-1, so will that be attractive to Slav - even though Bettis, outside of his remit, claims we'll be sticking with 3-5-2.

Three options. He stays at Beerschot, which is a luxury we only had in the PL imo. Sell and re-invest or add him to our squad. Would Fleck/Osborn, Berge, Coulibaly be a promotion winning midfield ?

And let's say we bring him here and he doesn't impress. Then what?

Can't miss what you never had. We have limited ways of raising funds. He could be the best and most convenient option.

Would Fleck/Osborn, Berge, Coulibaly be a promotion winning midfield ?

Any midfield with Berge and (John) Fleck in it should be the best in the division. Unless Fulham keep Anguissa, at least.

I feel it's increasingly likely Berge will stay. And it could be for the best. Seeing him boss it next season would also be the highlight of the season.

I feel it's increasingly likely Berge will stay.

If I was Berge's advisor I'd be telling him to stay, even if it's just until January.

Berge wants to play for a more glamorous club and sees us as a stepping stone, which is fine, but he needs a spell where he's in a winning United team to get the interest from those sides. My hope is he'll dominate Championship games.

If I was Berge's advisor I'd be telling him to stay, even if it's just until January.

Berge wants to play for a more glamorous club and sees us as a stepping stone, which is fine, but he needs a spell where he's in a winning United team to get the interest from those sides. My hope is he'll dominate Championship games.

I'm thinking he could be like Kevin McDonald on steroids.

McDonald was great for Jokanovic. Berge is similar enough and should be able to produce similar things.

Can't miss what you never had. We have limited ways of raising funds. He could be the best and most convenient option.
I take your point but what do we get for £12 million ?. We sell McBurnie and Baldock or Bogle and get £20 million i get that as we already have players to fill the positions. Our midfield is crying out for someone young and dynamic.
If Couibaly is not better than Fleck (on current form), Norwood and Lundstram then he is not worthy of interest from A C Milan and Galatasaray.
Think of a midfield of Berge, Couibaly and Rothwell (signed with the money from possible sale of McB and Baldock or Bogle) with Fleck and Osborn battling for places. If our strikers could not score goals with that supply line then they need shooting.

£12m or thereabouts could get Cooper, McNair and Rothwell for example.

Proven players at this level of a good age who could step up a level.

Think of a midfield of Berge, Couibaly and Rothwell (signed with the money from possible sale of McB and Baldock or Bogle) with Fleck and Osborn battling for places. If our strikers could not score goals with that supply line then they need shooting.

From Hal's video and his lack of assists it doesn't look like Coulibaly is much of a supply line. He's more a player who'll pop up in the box to get on the end of the supply.

I'm hoping we use the loan market to bring in a real special #10 who will be putting the bullets in the gun for the strikers. A similar player to Matheus Pereira who WBA plucked from Sporting Lisbon's reserves.

So could selling Berge for £30million+. It depends on how you evaluate it. Hal said we paid £2million - my resources suggest we paid half of that. Lets just say we brought him back and played him, and he wasn't a huge success - end up selling him for say £3million. Have we lost £11million on him or made (at least) £1million profit.

Its a glass half full situation

£12m or thereabouts could get Cooper, McNair and Rothwell for example.

Proven players at this level of a good age who could step up a level.
If we could get Rothwell or McNair for £12 million i would be more interested but i doubt their clubs will let them go that cheaply. Of course there is the unknown of Covid, which is just how badly/quickly do some clubs need to sell to stay aflout ?.

From Hal's video and his lack of assists it doesn't look like Coulibaly is much of a supply line. He's more a player who'll pop up in the box to get on the end of the supply.

I'm hoping we use the loan market to bring in a real special #10 who will be putting the bullets in the gun for the strikers. A similar player to Matheus Pereira who WBA plucked from Sporting Lisbon's reserves.
I am hoping that we go from 30% possesion to 70% in most games next season. That in itself should give us more opportunities. A player like Pereira is exactly what we need and have needed for some seasons. At least we are casting the net further now in terms of recruitment.