Summer transfers rumours, speculation, news | Page 27 | Vital Football

Summer transfers rumours, speculation, news

My post is to challenge that most supporters earn more than £15k for a paid f/t salaried job.
Don't think anyone said they don't earn 15k a year
Blues winger Gwion Edwards is reportedly set to join Wigan Athletic on a free transfer.

The 28-year-old Welshman was out of contract at the end of 2020/21 with Town having taken a one-year option on his deal the previous summer.

Edwards, who joined Town from Peterborough in the summer of 2018 for £700,000, was offered new terms last month, while the MK Dons, Preston and Sunderland had previously been credited with interest in the former Swansea trainee.

Now, the EADT is reporting that Edwards is set to leave the Blues with Wigan his expected destination.

Edwards, one of Paul Hurst’s Town recruits, made 82 starts and 27 sub appearances for the Blues, scoring 14 times.
Winger? Hope he is. A long time since we played one of those.

Seem the club have decided 2 year deals are the order of the day so as to bring in new talent as we go along
Suggests that the strategy is to try to get promoted in two years. Bringing in good L1 level players means that at Christmas 2022, we'll know if that's realistic or not and can then either renew deals or let them run down if we're looking likely to get promoted and think that any of them won't make the grade at Championship level.

Seems a sensible strategy that's not going to cost the earth and leaves us in a good position next summer to strengthen areas of the squad rather than have to build a completely new squad as we're having to do now.

Only slight problem comes if we don't achieve promotion in two years and the entire squad all comes out of contract at the same time... Mal Brannigan is a very experienced football guy though, and we have to trust that he's factoring things like that into the deals we're offering with options for the club to extend contracts etc. So far he's doing the business with the signings we've made and / or are likely to make, so I'm quietly confident that things are genuinely starting to look more positive.

All solid signings so far that should hopefully keep us away from the bottom four most importantly. However no real standout exciting signings (Fraser, Grigg) that make me think the playoffs are realistic just yet.

I see Cousins has been mentioned on here, now he'd be a good signing. An experienced Championship defensive midfielder still at a fairly decent age. Players like him with respect to Funso Ojo represent a significant upgrade on last season's team and should see us well going forward.

So he was bound for a bottom half league 2 side...hardly coup of the century but we'll see what happens.

He was ever present last season and Pompey captain who they wanted to stay and he turned down their deal. He's from Mansfield and was one of Cloughs main men at Burton - so not hard to see why that move would've worked for him.

He's a very decent L1 player - he'd have been a real coup for Mansfield.

Talal teasing another signing today. Almost certainly Naylor.

Joseph apparently having his medical at Swansea. I was fine with him going to a big Prem Club for mega money, but going to Swansea is a bit galling. No doubt they are in a better position than us currently and will probably offer him more money - but it still feels disappointing to lose a top prospect to only a Championship club when if it wasn't for admin we'd have been at that level and with a bit of luck we'll be back there soon.

Talal teasing another signing today. Almost certainly Naylor.

Joseph apparently having his medical at Swansea. I was fine with him going to a big Prem Club for mega money, but going to Swansea is a bit galling. No doubt they are in a better position than us currently and will probably offer him more money - but it still feels disappointing to lose a top prospect to only a Championship club when if it wasn't for admin we'd have been at that level and with a bit of luck we'll be back there soon.

Fee of close to £1 million being touted for Joseph. Not bad for a youth player with only a few first team games under his belt. Good luck to the lad and hopefully joining up with Cooper, who is good at bringing young players on, will help him secure first team football.

Fee of close to £1 million being touted for Joseph. Not bad for a youth player with only a few first team games under his belt. Good luck to the lad and hopefully joining up with Cooper, who is good at bringing young players on, will help him secure first team football.

Wonder how much of that fee is guarenteed vs add ons and hopefully we've secured a healthy sell on.

I think he showed a lot of promise but i don't think we saw enough of him to know how much potential he really has.

With that potential 1m i hope we can push the boat out for Fraser and Humphrys.

I also was shocked to see Mo Eisa has been made available for transfer from Peterborough - at this level he's an absolute beast, probably worth 20 goals - if we've got the budget I'd be all over that one.

If the deal gets done for 1m, club did the right thing not selling in Jan for the reported amount of 500k.

Joseph is very raw, but he covered a lot of ground, showed some nice feet in the box and was getting better before his injury. His first touch is dodgey and the ball gets away from him when running with the ball but he's going to be a good player. 1m is a decent fee for this stage of his development.

Why won't he be a first teamer? If he'd gone to a top flight team that would be the case. But Swansea are a championship team with 2 forwards on their books for next season.

In reference to the discussion earlier in the thread about who Karl Robinson was talking about regarding a defender being offered 10k a week - apparently it was Ipswich offering Sonny Bradley from Luton that money but he turned it down to stay where he was.

So you can see the spending power they have and why it would've be difficult to keep Evans - i'm not sure if they went that high for Evans but it probably isn't a million miles off.

If you are paying 10k a week at this level at the moment you should be getting a world beater and talisman type player probably the type chipping in loads of goals and assists. Bradley and Evans are good players for L1 but if they are were willing to pay them something in that region you can probably get them two or 8 very good players on above average wage for the same cost. I get where Karl Robinson is coming from - it is a bit mad, when we were paying mad money at this level at least it was for Nick Powell and Dan Burn!

3.1 k a week or 150 odd k a year in League 1 is one hell of a salary for anyone.
Ten times the salary of many supporters.
Football is ridiculous. As for those prats in the Euros.. a bloody joke.

Don't think anyone said they don't earn 15k a year

Sorry to be pedantic but the 1st post "£150k odd a year. Ten times..."
£15k per year x 10 = £150k per year.
Hence my reply that most supporters earn more than that.