The Politics Thread | Page 297 | Vital Football

The Politics Thread

I didn’t even know you could fly to Cornwall, surely door to door from London to Cornwall on the road isn’t that much longer actually when you factor in security checks and on/off loading.

What a precedent it would’ve been for Bojo to have gone down in a British produced battery car, dicing with death on our shoddy smart motorways just about making it alive, rather than the dick swinging competition these things are in terms of travel.

I didn’t even know you could fly to Cornwall, surely door to door from London to Cornwall on the road isn’t that much longer actually when you factor in security checks and on/off loading.

What a precedent it would’ve been for Bojo to have gone down in a British produced battery car, dicing with death on our shoddy smart motorways just about making it alive, rather than the dick swinging competition these things are in terms of travel.

Some of my mates from London went to Cornwall to go surfing. It took 6 hours on the bus. I was surprised it's so far. It's 7 hours to Edinburgh.

Some of my mates from London went to Cornwall to go surfing. It took 6 hours on the bus. I was surprised it's so far. It's 7 hours to Edinburgh.

I found out how big the south west was when I agreed to do a days work in the middle of Devon once. To put the scale into perspective, Bristol is closer to Manchester than it is to Penzance.

Last edited:
I found out how big the south west was when I agreed to do a days work in the middle of Devon once. To put the scale into perspective, Bristol is closer to Manchester than it is to Penzance.

We had our honeymoon in Penzance. I can confirm it is a long long way to get there.

I don't know about anyone else but I'm finding watching Johnson on the TV during this G7 meeting and particularly with Biden highly embarrassing.

And to think this man is the UK's, Prime Minister representing the UK public.:shake:

He has the diplomacy skills of a clown.

Isn’t it funny how he’s changed from being the copy cat to falling back into line ever so quickly? It might actually be a good thing for him and his politics that he stops trying to be something he isn’t. Just shows these episodes such as threatening to break international law have left his reputation on the world stage (and probably the UK’s in the future) somewhere closer to the gutter than where it should be.

We had our honeymoon in Penzance. I can confirm it is a long long way to get there.

We nearly went there on our honeymoon but plumped for Ostend as it was nearer (we were living in London at the time).
Cornwall is now the only county in England that I've never been in.