General politics thread: | Page 79 | Vital Football

General politics thread:

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many doses have we given the world? China is currently at 350m, how many have the UK manufacturered and sent overseas?

Also more white noise to justify immorality. The reality is aid will be cut off from those who most desperately need it. Cutting aid won't solve any of the issues you list, it will just lead to deaths and misery.

Unless figures have changed in recent days, we've supplied over 90% of vaccines under the Covax scheme.

Unless figures have changed in recent days, we've supplied over 90% of vaccines under the Covax scheme.

COVAX is an internationally recognised system. China’s efforts all come with strings attached, usually as part of their Silk Road. Why does CP take every opportunity to misinform and provide negative untrue stories on U.K. Is he a bot?

Fuck my boots...

Queen becomes latest victim of cancel culture as portrait is removed from Oxford college
Students at Magdalen College vote to remove the picture after claiming it represented an unwelcome symbol of 'recent colonial history'

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-f...atest-victim-cancel-culture-portrait-removed/
Lol. Don't miss any bandwagons, chap!

What about the student's right to free speech and expression, as defended whole heartedly by Gavin Williamson just recently?
From what I hear, this was the MCR only and the picture was only put up quite recently. I'll bet there were a total of about 20 people in the meeting, if that. What were they doing before the picture was put in place? How dare they not have a picture of the queen up! Is there one on the wall in your house? If not, why not? If there is, why only one? You should really have one in every room (except the toilet, which would be disrespectful).

Since when have students not been 'woke'. I'm glad they're showing a little spunk after a long period of being politically disconnected. As someone said, it's like punk never happened.

I think that they are trying to say that the Queen is a colonialist, but during her Majesty's tenure Britain has followed a policy of de-colonisation. If her portrait signifies anything in the colonial line surely it is this.

What about the student's right to free speech and expression, as defended whole heartedly by Gavin Williamson just recently?
From what I hear, this was the MCR only and the picture was only put up quite recently. I'll bet there were a total of about 20 people in the meeting, if that. What were they doing before the picture was put in place? How dare they not have a picture of the queen up! Is there one on the wall in your house? If not, why not? If there is, why only one? You should really have one in every room (except the toilet, which would be disrespectful).

Since when have students not been 'woke'. I'm glad they're showing a little spunk after a long period of being politically disconnected. As someone said, it's like punk never happened.
Gavin Williamson's freedom of speech thing was hilarious, based at is was entirely on a single incident that didn't happen in the first place.
I can't remember the details but it was based on a deplatforming that allegedly happened to someone who ended up not being deplatformed due to freedom of speech reasons.
The whole crisis of freedom of speech issue in universities is completely, utterly fake and it only exists to get people like Strett spreading propaganda.

I have to apologise for being so wrong with my prediction of how many were at the meeting. It wasn't 20, it was only 17!

"The vote ended with 10 in favour of removing the portrait, two against and five abstentions. "

Gavin Williamson's freedom of speech thing was hilarious, based at is was entirely on a single incident that didn't happen in the first place.
I can't remember the details but it was based on a deplatforming that allegedly happened to someone who ended up not being deplatformed due to freedom of speech reasons.
The whole crisis of freedom of speech issue in universities is completely, utterly fake and it only exists to get people like Strett spreading propaganda.
Completely agree.

He has also expanded this to "Oxford University students" which is technically correct, but obviously wildly misleading when used in that way.

Lol. Spunk! Students used to try and shape the present and future with actions and words, not complain about a hurt bit of history that may offend some.
Students SHOULD be offensive. I know I was.

Can we agree that the whole story is silly and all the actors in it are silly?
The silliness goes, from least silly to most silly:
the queen < the grad students < the Telegraph < Gavin Williamson < Strett.

Here, catch this kiss...

Edit. I assume that is the greater than symbol?

Last edited:

Yeah, yeah. What about the monkey in Hartlepools, eh?eh?

Lol. Spunk! Students used to try and shape the present and future with actions and words, not complain about a hurt bit of history that may offend some.
Students SHOULD be offensive. I know I was.
They haven't complained about anything, have they? They have redecorated as they see fit. They put up a picture and then took it down again. Some folk can't cope with students even shaping their own common room let alone the "present or future".
It is the Daily Mail that has got offended - again. Bloody snowflakes.

They haven't complained about anything, have they? They have redecorated as they see fit. They put up a picture and then took it down again. Some folk can't cope with students even shaping their own common room let alone the "present or future".
It is the Daily Mail that has got offended - again. Bloody snowflakes.

They should have smashed the photo and replaced it with one of Ararfat/Corbyn, spray-painted spunking knobs an the walls, and damn the eyes of anyone who complains. FFS. Pussies.

Of course, back when this came out a Nottingham record shop owner put a load in the shop window and was taken to court... He won the case.
He should have had a regular picture of the monarch and not cancelled her.
For that crime of cancelling her maj, they tried to cancel him.
But his case was cancelled instead.

The court pooh-poohed the prosecution's pooh-pooh of his royal pooh-pooh.

All makes sense.

Whose side was the Daily Mail on? I bet it wasn't his freedom of expression, even back then. Funny how they only think it is important sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.